HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Rumor: Strikeforce to be shut down (Update 11/3 card cancelled)

Old
10-10-2012, 03:53 PM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
the chances of somebody challenging UFC are about the same as somebody challenging the NHL NBA NFL MLB in other words absolutely ZERO CHANCE
The cards are bloated and on par with what used to be regional promotions for the most part. Many of the big names have either retired or been injured.

If a new org were to start up and could attract some name fighters, pay them well, and deliver good solid cards for less money than the ufc is charging............

Youre damn right they could be challenged.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:57 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 500
To bad the other promotions are run by guys like Pav.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The cards are bloated and on par with what used to be regional promotions for the most part. Many of the big names have either retired or been injured.

If a new org were to start up and could attract some name fighters, pay them well, and deliver good solid cards for less money than the ufc is charging............

Youre damn right they could be challenged.
That's all a new organization has to do?

If it was that easy, someone would have done it by now. Many have tried but they failed miserably.

The UFC has all the big name fighters right now so a new organization would have to get some of those guys to leave the UFC and sign with them. That means they have to overpay the fighters to get them to even consider leaving the UFC. I'm pretty sure the UFC has the right to match offers so the new organization would have to pay the fighters so much that the UFC would decline to match.

They would also need to deliver a good solid card like you said so they can't just have one big name main event and then a bunch of crap. They would need at least 5 good fights which means at least 10 good fighters for each event.

Then on top of that you're saying they would charge less money than what the UFC is currently charging. Something tells me severely overpaying fighters and then charging less for the product isn't going to work in the long run.

A new organization successfully pulling that off and competing with the UFC is completely unrealistic.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 06:30 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

[QUOTE=I am the Liquor;54893587]The cards are bloated and on par with what used to be regional promotions for the most part. Many of the big names have either retired or been injured.

Youre damn right they could be challenged.[/QUOTE

thats been tried remember donald trump backing affliction? no? well he did that was their idea and they failed.

the xfl tried to compete with the nfl

same with the wha and nhl

and hell i'll even go back to WCW VS WWE

all these things have 1 thing in common they tried to challenge the established brand and in the end they all went under.

what makes you think this would be any different?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

^It'll have to be an overseas promotion that draws all the talent they can from that side of the world and then starts bringing in top NA/SA talent.

It has to be down right though. They have to build an extremely large fan base with great fights that we can't see.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote