HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Locked-out Lightning Players Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 12:57 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

vCash: 500
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightning...medium=twitter
Quote:
Daly said the league has already lost $100 million in revenues from lost preseason games.
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightning...medium=twitter
Quote:
Should regular-season games begin to be canceled, Lecavalier said he is unsure of his plans. While he played in Russia during the 2004-05 lockout, having a family this time around has him thinking about staying close to home.

Lecavalier and wife Caroline, along with their two children, returned to Tampa this week and plan to stay in town until the lockout is resolved, although the situation could change.

"I want to play hockey, but we'll see how things go,'' he said. "With a family now, you definitely have to think there is more than one person to think about. But my kids are young, so if I do go somewhere, it's easier to move them around.''

Old
10-04-2012, 11:55 AM
chasespace

I think it would be awesome if he played in Syracuse, but that's pretty much a pipe dream.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:44 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

https://twitter.com/dchesnokov
Quote:
RUS agent Nikolaev told @plysenkov he spoke with Lecavalier's NA agents about the possibility of the #TBL forward playing in the #KHL.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 06:42 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bolts/201.../tbo.ly/RPOKT3
Quote:
Tampa Bay Lightning forward Adam Hall is heading to Germany to play while the NHL lockout continues.

Hall signed a contract to play for Ravensburg in the German second division, becoming the second Lightning player to play overseas.
Quote:
Hall, who serves as the Lightning's representative to the player's association, left for Germany on Wednesday and is expected to make his debut on Friday at home against Rosenheim.

"I'm looking forward to the opportunity,'' said Hall, who played for KalPa Kuopio in the Finnish second division during the 2004-05 lockout. "It'll be great to play and keep that competitive edge.''
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...any-ravensburg
Quote:
Hall, 32, who last season had two goals and seven points in 57 games, was one of Tampa Bay's best penalty killers and led the team with a 59.5 faceoff winning percentage, will be reunited in Germany with forward Brian Maloney. Hall's former teammate at Michigan State also plays for Ravensburg and helped Hall make the decision to bring his family to Europe.

"He said they had a spot open and it was an opportunity," Hall said. "It seemed like a good area and with someone I knew there, and especially with my wife and young son and his wife and kids over there, it just seems like it would be a good situation."

Old
10-11-2012, 06:44 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 277
Interesting. The 2nd Eishockey-Bundesliga (ESBG.de) isn't exactly where I would have expected him to sign. Sounds like he wants to stay in shape and play the game but also to just have a fun time with Maloney.

The Ravensburg Towerstars (the team he signed with) still keeps it a secret who their newest (NHL) acquisition is. A press conference is scheduled for midday today, local time - which is ...now: http://www.towerstars.de/news/towers...tt_news%5D=284.

Last season, they finished 1st in the 2nd Bundesliga and 2nd in the German Cup. Due to financial reasons and an insufficient arena (for DEL standards) they didn't make the jump to the DEL.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 10-11-2012 at 06:58 AM.
LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 10:55 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

From the presser:

Quote:
The lockout in the most prestigious ice hockey league in the world, the NHL, also allows the Tower Stars to sign a very special player. The 32-year-old Adam Hall of the Tampa Bay Lightning NHL club will slip on the jersey of the Ravensburg Tower Stars and play his first game next Friday. On Thursday afternoon, the prominent NHL veteran was officially introduced at a press conference.
Quote:
At 9.15 the aircraft of domestic flight from Frankfurt to Friedrichshafen landed, followed by a drive straight to the ice rink, where the teammates welcomed their new colleague. Adam Hall insisted on slipping into his new equipment and to complete the first training session.
Quote:
"This is obviously a tough morning for me after such a long flight and so little sleep," said the NHL pro but added immediately: "All who welcomed me were super friendly, I immediately knew that we have a great team here". Adam Hall was impressed with the town of Ravensburg on the drive to the ice rink immediately associated all the towers and gates with the Tower Stars logo.
Quote:
The coup was made possible by the support of sponsors and members of the shareholders circle. The budget of the normal player squad wasn't touched.
Quote:
Although Adam had to deal with a number of appointments right away, he wants to stop by tonight at 19.30 clock in the short Fantreff (fan gathering) in the "Ice Age" and say "Hallo" to the fans in attendance and the Fanrat (fan council).
http://www.towerstars.de/news/towers...tt_news%5D=285 (translation: Google & me).

Hall will wear #16.

Old
10-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Felonious Python
TyJo

I checked in on Nate Thompson, who is spending his lockout with the Alaska Aces of the ECHL.

Not that impressive actually: 4 games played, 0 pts, -3, and 8 PIM.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 04:36 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

Old
10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
The YzerJesus
#teamwhitewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post

How do you get Florida news in NJ? You're pretty informed

I wanna be informed too damnit

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:42 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Quote:
Agent for Lightning G Garon says client has joined the Quebec-based caravan of exhibition games organized by Max Talbot and Bruno Gervais.
http://m.tmi.me/yw5IF
Quote:
RT @FriedgeHNIC: NHL informs teams games up to and including Nov. 30 will be cancelled. As far as I know, there was no mention of Winter Classic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
How do you get Florida news in NJ? You're pretty informed

I wanna be informed too damnit
I use the internet real good I guess. I just follow a lot of people on twitter and try to read and watch as much as I can.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:08 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...medium=twitter
Quote:
Lightning goaltender Anders Lindback signed a two-month contract to play with Ilves in Finland, his agent confirmed on Saturday.
Quote:
“He’s in great shape and anxious to play,’’ agent Mike Deutsch said.

Should the lockout be resolved before the two months is up, Lindback would still return to the Lightning, Deutsch said.
The 2 other goalies on Ilves are Miika Wiikman and Ville Kolppanen

Old
10-28-2012, 07:48 AM
kisin

It looks like Thompson has finally found his game as he earned 5 helpers in last 2 games.

kisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 06:11 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

The good news is: Adam Hall is lighting up the 2nd Elite League in Germany with 2 goals and 4 points in 6 games.

Victor Hedman is doing pretty good with Astana Barys in the KHL: 8 assists for 8 points in 11 games (and 12 PIM).

Old
10-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Brendan Mikkelsson signed a lockout contract with Vasteras of Allsvenska, the second best league in Sweden.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:47 PM
NCoRe

Congrulations Lightning !

I just saw Lindbäck's debut on Ilves in FEL and WOW

The man is CAAAALLLMMMM and the stickhandling was awesome. Really really good game for him as a debut game. OT goal which he slipped was the only bad save from him. I wish for Andreas's sake that Ilves will get better really soon cuz otherwise there is a impossible task for Andreas. Finally a lightning goalie who seems to be really good though Lindbäck was real good in Predators also.

NCoRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:39 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoRe View Post

The man is CAAAALLLMMMM and the stickhandling was awesome. Really really good game for him as a debut game. OT goal which he slipped was the only bad save from him. I wish for Andreas's sake that Ilves will get better really soon cuz otherwise there is a impossible task for Andreas. Finally a lightning goalie who seems to be really good though Lindbäck was real good in Predators also.
Good to hear!

Ilves is still dead last though, right?

Old
10-31-2012, 07:35 AM
NCoRe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Good to hear!

Ilves is still dead last though, right?
Ilves is last yeah, but rumours are saying that they are trying to get few lockout dudes to their team and there's lot of folk in injury list 2 so theres still a chance

NCoRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 10:03 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
The good news is: Adam Hall is lighting up the 2nd Elite League in Germany with 2 goals and 4 points in 6 games.

Victor Hedman is doing pretty good with Astana Barys in the KHL: 8 assists for 8 points in 11 games (and 12 PIM).
I was lucky enough to see Hedman play a game against Dinamo Riga on MSG now that they're showing KHL games. Wasn't that great of a game, but it was still nice to watch some hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoRe View Post

Great to hear!

Old
11-03-2012, 12:04 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Brendan Mikkelson became the fourth Tampa Bay Lightning player to bolt for Europe during the NHL-imposed lockout, now in its seventh week.

The 25-year-old defenseman signed to play with Vasteras HK in the Swedish second division, according to Swedish website VLT.se, for the duration of the lockout.
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/sports/20...-en-ar-549047/

Old
11-03-2012, 12:55 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie
Quote:
1/2. Don Fehr memo last night to players: "You may have seen media reports of supposed league 'offer' regarding make-whole aspect..."
Quote:
2/2 Fehr: "There have been no proposals from either side since Oct. 18. You should not read too much into reports of informal phone calls."

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 11-03-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 09:11 AM
mirasane

Lindback has now played 3 games in FEL allowing 13 goals. His GAA is 4.33 and save percentage 86,8.

Though he has allowed maybe two easy goals most of the blame goes to defenders of Ilves. The defence has allowed opposing players operate freely in front of Lindback blocking his view and deflecting shots.

mirasane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
The YzerJesus
#teamwhitewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirasane View Post
Lindback has now played 3 games in FEL allowing 13 goals. His GAA is 4.33 and save percentage 86,8.

Though he has allowed maybe two easy goals most of the blame goes to defenders of Ilves. The defence has allowed opposing players operate freely in front of Lindback blocking his view and deflecting shots.
That's not good... That's how our defense operates

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Felonious Python
TyJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
That's not good... That's how our defense operates
True, but Ilves may also be in one of those lulls where you get a goalie and then everybody gives up backchecking for a few games until there's the realization that just because you have an NHL goalie, you still need to limit the shot quality.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Drej

https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
Quote:
Skating in Brandon: NYR Richards, Boyle, Eminger. TB's St. Louis, Lecavalier, Garon, Bergeron, Salo, Tyrell. FL's Kuba. Also Commodore Clark
Quote:
With third child for him and wife Caroline on the way, Lightning's Lecavalier says he has no plans to play in Europe.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:27 AM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
The boys are back in town!

Also, Vinny's a busy husband.