HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korolyuk15 View Post
is a bit small

180/84kg and is 20 so I'm guessing he isn't growing much more, but he looks like he has a great shot and good speed so could develop into a nice scoring winger to play with Hertl!

I posted on the main boards too to see if anyone has seen him play in the USHL

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1263335
I'm not sure how he was before coming to North America but he signed w/ the Indiana Ice when he was 19, long after his draft year.

As a 19 and 20 year old he was good for the Ice but he was playing alongside some very good players. As I understand it, scouts aren't sure he'll be able to produce on his own.

He's not small, he's now listed at 6' 192lbs. According to a couple of junior scouts I asked, he's looks to have some pretty good skill - a pure goal scorer with a great shot, he has good vision, hockey IQ and puckhandling abilities.

It's not often a player gets a pro contract straight out of the USHL.

Last edited by stalockrox: 09-24-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old
09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Korolyuk15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I'm not sure how he was before coming to North America but he signed w/ the Indiana Ice when he was 19, long after his draft year.

As a 19 and 20 year old he was good for the Ice but he was playing alongside some very good players. As I understand it, scouts aren't sure he'll be able to produce on his own.

He's not small, he's now listed at 6' 192lbs. According to a couple of junior scouts I asked, he's looks to have some pretty good skill - a pure goal scorer with a great shot, he has good vision, hockey IQ and puckhandling abilities.

It's not often a player gets a pro contract straight out of the USHL.
Thanks for the information!

Definitely sounds like an interesting prospect, hopefully he continues to develop in Worcester, sharks haven't had a pure goal scorer in a long time..

Old
09-24-2012, 02:16 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:

Definitely sounds like an interesting prospect, hopefully he continues to develop in Worcester, sharks haven't had a pure goal scorer in a long time..
I agree.

The W Sharks are a good team on paper this season i believe. It's possible that Tarasov may get assigned to the Bulls depending on his training camp. He just may not be ready for that jump yet. Also depends on how the rest of their roster fills out.

Old
09-24-2012, 02:29 PM
stalockrox

Quote:

The Worcester Sharks definitely went out and got themselves some skilled players recently. Both Gourde and Tarasov have puck skills that, if they can translate to the pros, the org. hasn't had for a while.

Old
09-24-2012, 03:18 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
The Worcester Sharks definitely went out and got themselves some skilled players recently. Both Gourde and Tarasov have puck skills that, if they can translate to the pros, the org. hasn't had for a while.
I'm excited for W Sharks fans this season, looking forward to their improved performance as a team as well as the development of some decent prospects.

As we don't appear to be having NHL hockey soon, i hope that the many W Sharks fans here in HF can continue to indulge us with updates on all fronts.

Old
09-26-2012, 10:22 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2012/9...key-east-again

Boston College (Macleod) predicted to win Hockey East (again)

Old
09-27-2012, 12:59 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
ddems2 1:49pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® Great win today, first ever @OHLSteelheads win, glad to be apart of it
****, just realized this means I have to change his graphic. Didn't realize they dropped the St Mike's Majors moniker.

Not a fan of the Steelheads jerseys either. They're just TML ripoffs. I miss the St Mike's double blue.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://gonu.com/news/2012/10/1/MHKY_1001123047.aspx

NU preview of forwards (pt 1) including Cody Ferriero, "returning veteran leadership"

Quote:
Junior Cody Ferriero will try and bounce back from a strong first half to his sophomore campaign that was mired by injury down the stretch. The Essex, Mass., native nearly averaged a point per game in those he participated in, scoring 15 points (9-6-15) in 17 outings. Ferriero potted a pair of game winners and notched Northeastern's first hat trick (at Vermont, Jan. 27, 2012) since Ryan Ginand on Jan. 24, 2009. Along with all of those figures, the San Jose Sharks draft pick lead Northeastern in plus/minus with a +11 rating and shot percentage (.220). Because he missed almost half of last year, a full-strength Ferriero could mean trouble for Northeastern opponents this season.

Old
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Anybody know what's happening with Hertl? He's got 3 points and a -2 in 8 games but his team has only won 3 of them. Top scorers on the team are Sobotka and Cervenka with 8 points in 5 and 6 games respectively.

It's still pretty early but just wondering how things are going.

Old
10-02-2012, 01:58 PM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
Anybody know what's happening with Hertl? He's got 3 points and a -2 in 8 games but his team has only won 3 of them. Top scorers on the team are Sobotka and Cervenka with 8 points in 5 and 6 games respectively.

I think he's been playing pretty good (at least the first games of the season that I saw), he's getting the scoring chances but he lacks a bit of luck. Plus he doesn't have the best players in his line (Krenzelok and Zejdl).

Old
10-02-2012, 03:06 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:

Too small a sample size. Plus, he's been pushed down the depth chart.

(Also, if I know where this is leading, Teräväinen only has 1 assist in 7 games.)

Old
10-02-2012, 06:56 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
I think he's been playing pretty good (at least the first games of the season that I saw), he's getting the scoring chances but he lacks a bit of luck. Plus he doesn't have the best players in his line (Krenzelok and Zejdl).
That's good to hear. As long as he's playing well then no huge reason to worry.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:56 AM
FrizzleFry22
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 183
Quote:

Bust

Old
10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

The Hockey News released their Major Junior preview issue a couple days ago. Of note for the Sharks:

London (Tierney) is projected to finish 2nd (out of 20) in the OHL behind only Kitchener.

Sudbury (Sefton) is projected to finish 7th

Mississauga (DeMelo) is projected for 16th

Sarnia (Anderson) is pegged for 17th.

Over in the Q, Halifax (Abeltshauser) is projected for 2nd (out of 18) behind only Quebec.

While Acadie-Bathurst is set for 7th (and the two-sentence preview even makes note to "watch out for San Jose draft pick Christophe Lalancette")

Old
10-04-2012, 10:08 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Isaac MacLeod ‏@macdinga What a treat #coldhandwarmheart pic.twitter.com/PATzXmb3

Sweet!!!

Old
10-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Mirinho

Hertl with gwg yesterday ... it was tight game against Sparta Prague and Hertl scored in 58th minute ... very important win (3:2) for Slavia in this derby match

Old
10-06-2012, 10:45 PM
KirbyDots

Just printed out my tickets for BU's game against University of Toronto tomorrow! First chance to see Nieto and O'Regan this year, will post about how they looked after the game.

Old
10-07-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Just printed out my tickets for BU's game against University of Toronto tomorrow! First chance to see Nieto and O'Regan this year, will post about how they looked after the game.
Fashion report!!!!

(sorry...)

Old
10-07-2012, 09:57 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Fashion report!!!!

(sorry...)
At least my team doesn't need to do fashion shows...

"You look nice son, real spiffy"!

Old
10-07-2012, 03:27 PM
KirbyDots

Back from the BU game and it was a blowout! BU annihilated Toronto 5-0. Nieto opened up the scoring with an incredibly beautiful wrist shot, it was an amazing snipe, hitting it perfectly top shelf from the top of the slot. The first period was the Nieto show, he dominated the play on a top line with Gill and Cisse. Nieto was on the ice for the second goal, it was his great stick work that kept the puck in the zone, he didn't get an assist but the goal was all thanks to his effort. O'Regan's college career started with him getting thrown out of a faceoff for cheating, kid will fit right in with the Sharks if he majorly bulks up. He's fast, even faster than Nieto, and highly skilled playing in the top 6 the entire game but O'Regan really needs to bulk up and hopefully grow a few inches as he was pushed around a lot out there. After it became clear that this was going to be a slaughter BU started experimenting with the lines in a way that Sharks fans will be excited about. Nieto started the 2nd and continued the rest of the game playing with O'Regan, they were by far the two fastest and most skilled players on ice and the combo led to frequent breakaways and scoring chances. Nieto also looks like he added a ton of muscle and was used to help defend the smaller but equally fast and creative O'Regan. The combo also was used heavily on the PK as both were defensively responsible with O'Regan a little unsure in his first college game though he looked better when taking his cues from Nieto, hopefully they stick together as their speed and creativity made for an interesting duo to watch. The game quickly devolved into a penalty parade, Toronto got a few game misconducts and played really dirty in general especially after BU started to pile it on offensively. Cisse is a beast, much much improved over last year in his skating and tough as nails with his big 6'3'' frame, if he keeps improving the Jets might have gotten a steal of a power forward in the 5th round. On defense Noonan looked like Suter out there, Preds should be happy with him, Alexx Privitera looked impressive as well with a great two way game notching 3 assists. Sharks should keep an eye on Privitera as he wasn't drafted.

Last edited by KirbyDots: 10-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old
10-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Kitten Mittons

Thanks a lot, dude. Exciting to hear about prospects again.

Couldn't help but picture this guy when reading your post ...

Old
10-07-2012, 04:52 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

not surprising on the game result. CIS hockey is basically the refuge of guys who have absolutely zero professional aspirations after finishing their CHL career, and walk-ons who never had a CHL career to begin with.

Old
10-10-2012, 08:18 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

SanJoseSharks 5:30pm via TweetDeck A first look at the #SJSharks Prospect Report. Early updates on Abeltshauser, Anderson, Hertl, and more. http://t.co/MOO5SdYV

Old
10-10-2012, 08:32 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
SanJoseSharks 5:30pm via TweetDeck A first look at the #SJSharks Prospect Report. Early updates on Abeltshauser, Anderson, Hertl, and more. http://t.co/MOO5SdYV
I worry that KA's offense is almost entirely a product of Nathan Mackinnon and Jonathan Drouin...

Old
10-10-2012, 09:04 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I worry that KA's offense is almost entirely a product of Nathan Mackinnon and Jonathan Drouin...
It's not. Obviously playing w/ two guys that are that highly skilled helps his production but he produces without them as well.

He's been really, really good so far this season skating as their #1 d-man in all situations.

DeMelo has had a great start to the season as well.

On another note, Merrill was injured today, which sucks for UMI but Moffie should see big minutes again this season.

Closed Thread