Notices

2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread Pt. 2 - Fire Mack Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 05:29 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 500
Why on earth would pierce start over player of the week elliott?

Old
10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
No clue. Buck might not make it to the half, and you are considering starting him... again. Makes no sense.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:04 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
No clue. Buck might not make it to the half, and you are considering starting him... again. Makes no sense.
Mack and Burke trying to keep their jobs lol Elliot finally has a really good game and has an opportunity to build on it in Calgary and start developing further for next year and what do we do? The QB made of glass is going back in (provided he passes the confusion test) and we can only hope he makes it to halftime. I know it's not common practise to do mid season but wow do I wish we would have just got rid of Burke already. Buck is not the answer, he will never be the answer, he is made of glass, one more big hit this guy might be done, and he has barely been an average starter even when healthy. Let the guy who could potentially be the answer finish out the season and see where were at but this the Bombers we're talking about wouldn't expect anything less out of this organization.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:13 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Mack and Burke trying to keep their jobs lol Elliot finally has a really good game and has an opportunity to build on it in Calgary and start developing further for next year and what do we do? The QB made of glass is going back in (provided he passes the confusion test) and we can only hope he makes it to halftime. I know it's not common practise to do mid season but wow do I wish we would have just got rid of Burke already. Buck is not the answer, he will never be the answer, he is made of glass, one more big hit this guy might be done, and he has barely been an average starter even when healthy. Let the guy who could potentially be the answer finish out the season and see where were at but this the Bombers we're talking about wouldn't expect anything less out of this organization.
Okay, good.

I was hoping I wasnt the only one that thought this is ludicrous.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:15 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Check down Joey is terrible. Even George W. Bush had his good days.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
879 to be exact

Old
10-10-2012, 07:19 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
yeah because pierce and brink are all stars

Old
10-10-2012, 07:20 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
yeah because pierce and brink are all stars
Who said that?

Old
10-10-2012, 07:23 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Who said that?
no one

but they still shouldnt be starting instead of elliott

Old
10-10-2012, 07:26 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
no one

but they still shouldnt be starting instead of elliott
Why? Check down Joey has had two of the worst games in CFL history.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Personally this is what id like to see us do this offseason. Move burke back to DC, bring in Marcel Bellfuille as HC, and Khari as OC. We have to look else where for a QB which brings Quinton Porter to mind since he has worked with both Bellfuille and Khari in Hamilton. Mack has to go, but im still unsure about who we should look at for GM im thinking maybe Danny Maciocia. We just drafted Tyson Pencer in the first round last year, and I would draft a O-lineman in the first round again this year. Then I think we need more size at the DT our heaviest guy is like 271lbs we need someone around 300lbs IMO. Last but not least we need a vet in the LB core we are thin there in the first place, and its good to have some vet leadership at that position.
AHHHH!! Dear GOD NO! NOOOOOOOO! Maciocia is a freaking idiot, one of the worst ppl in the CFL (only say one of since Reinbold is somehow back in CFL). It's like the one way of the ways to go backwards from Mack.

Not sure if bringing in HAM's very average management staff in (Bellefeuille and Jones) is necessarily the right way to go. Not against it per se, but not sure it's exactly the right move. I'd be willing to give him a chance though.

@ Bob E, this will actually be WPG's FIFTH top 4 pick in just 3 years. Muamba, Etienne, Pensor, this year's 1st Ovr and Kito Poblah. Had Poblah not tried NFL and got his paperwork work in on time, he would have been 1st overall in 2011, had he not gotten his paperwork in at all, he would have been 1st overall in 2012 (Bombers picked him up in the 2011 Supplemental Draft by giving up their 2012 first rounder, which worked fantastic since it would have been 7th). So far though, we have only injuies (Poblah, Penser) and inconsistency (Poblah, Muamba) and closing in on bust (Etienne) to so for it. Not great so far, but hopefully this will set the stage for some good NI talent down the road.

By the looks of things, we might have to potential to start 4 IMP O-Linemen next year. Change the receiving corps to WR Matthews, SB Edwards/Denmark, NIP SB Watson, NIP SB Poblah, NIP WR Kohlert/Etienne/Aprile next year. Start NIP MLB Muamba, NIP S Logan and maybe a first round pick on the DL (Charles, Gaydosh, Kashama, Joseph) or Bilikidi on the DL if we can get him back from OAK. Hell maybe then we can have a half-decent offensive line.

The big question is still QB. We will need to bring in a real competitor for the starting spot. Elliott, Goltz, Quinn/Reilly, and a young new QB would produce some real competition and hopefully some success. That's about the only options we have right now. Hell I'd take Kevin Glenn back next year, anything.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 10-10-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old
10-10-2012, 07:36 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
AHHHH!! Dear GOD NO! NOOOOOOOO! Maciocia is a freaking idiot, one of the worst ppl in the CFL (only say one of since Reinbold is somehow back in CFL). It's like the one way of the ways to go backwards from Mack.

Not sure if bringing in HAM's very average management staff in (Bellefeuille and Jones) is necessarily the right way to go. Not against it per se, but not sure it's exactly the right move. I'd be willing to give him a chance though.

@ Bob E, this will actually be WPG's FIFTH top 4 pick in just 3 years. Muamba, Etienne, Pensor, this year's 1st Ovr and Kito Poblah. Had Poblah not tried NFL and got his paperwork work in on time, he would have been 1st overall in 2011, had he not gotten his paperwork in at all, he would have been 1st overall in 2012 (Bombers picked him up in the 2011 Supplemental Draft by giving up their 2012 first rounder, which worked fantastic since it would have been 7th). So far though, we have only injuies (Poblah, Penser) and inconsistency (Poblah, Muamba) and closing in on bust (Etienne) to so for it. Not great so far, but hopefully this will set the stage for some good NI talent down the road.

By the looks of things, we might have to potential to start 4 IMP O-Linemen next year. Change the receiving corps to WR Matthews, SB Edwards/Denmark, NIP SB Watson, NIP SB Poblah, NIP WR Kohlert/Etienne next year. Start NIP MLB Muamba, NIP S Logan and maybe a first round pick on the DL (Charles, Gaydosh, Kashama, Joseph). Hell maybe then we can have a half-decent offensive line.

The big question is still QB. We will need to bring in a real competitor for the starting spot. Elliott, Goltz, Quinn/Reilly, and a young new QB would produce some real competition and hopefully some success. That's about the only options we have right now. Hell I'd take Kevin Glenn back next year, anything.
Macioia has a grey cup ring he can't be that bad. Bellfuille and Jones both Helped turn Hamilton around, even got them to the east final last season.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Macioia has a grey cup ring he can't be that bad. Bellfuille and Jones both Helped turn Hamilton around, even got them to the east final last season.
He had a stacked Evil Empire team, there was no way to screw that team up back then. He did everything in his power to do it though.

We made the Grey Cup last year, so therefore Mack + LaPolice > Bellefeuille > Jones no? Hamilton does not seem all that turned around to me this year.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:42 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
He had a stacked Evil Empire team, there was no way to screw that team up back then. He did everything in his power to do it though.

We made the Grey Cup last year, so therefore Mack + LaPolice > Bellefeuille > Jones no? Hamilton does not seem all that turned around to me this year.
Thats like saying Joey Elliott is better then Anthony Calvillo because we beat them on monday. Bellfuille isnt there anymore is he?

Old
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Thats like saying Joey Elliott is better then Anthony Calvillo because we beat them on monday. Bellfuille isnt there anymore is he?
Exactly my point. Again, I wouldn't be necessarily against it, but I wouldn't be advocating a guy who went 27-35 and (1-3 in playoffs, including 0-2 at home) in 3.5 seasons as the best possible replacement.

EDIT: And I did not realize Bellefeuille was gone, thought he was still GM for some reason. My bad.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:46 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Why? Check down Joey has had two of the worst games in CFL history.
And just beat one of the best teams in the league and won player of the weak.

I think he has earned a start against Calgary this week

Old
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Exactly my point. Again, I wouldn't be necessarily against it, but I wouldn't be advocating a guy who went 27-35 and (1-3 in playoffs, including 0-2 at home) in 3.5 seasons as the best possible replacement.
Im thinking him because we obvioulsy need coaches with CFL experiance along with a GM. Crowton and Mack are not CFL guys and look how that has turned out. Plus you've made my point of a coach taking his team to the east final, getting fired, and his replacment Cortez has done terrible thus far.

Last edited by TroubaFan1: 10-10-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old
10-10-2012, 07:52 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
And just beat one of the best teams in the league and won player of the weak.

I think he has earned a start against Calgary this week
I don't know about that. According to his history he won't have another good start for four games.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:59 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
I don't know about that. According to his history he won't have another good start for four games.
still the best option we have

Old
10-10-2012, 08:01 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
still the best option we have
I totally disagree but I respect your opinion.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:00 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

I agree the one awesome game and one good game are not a big enough sample size to say anything with certainty but neither are the two terrible games. Joey didn't have a ton of time with the first time offence and has barely started any games in his career. Is he great now? No but he has potential and that's more than you can say for Buck before we all rush to judgment on whether he sucks because he two bad games or he is going to be great because he had two good games, let's watch him play out the season, get first team reps, experience, an opportunity to learn from his mistakes without having to look over his shoulder for the glass QB.

By the way just an observation a lot of inexperienced and young QB's throw a lot of check downs because they are unfamiliar with receivers, unsure of their reads, and simply lack confidence to try and squeeze the ball into tight windows, not to mention with this constant QB carousel we've had this season the guy is probably scared to death to throw a pick. Let's let him play and find out out if he is able to correct some of these things rather than letting a QB who is destined for an early retirement or at least a weekly trip to the infirmary try and salvage a lost season.

I mean if we are going to say Joey had a "lucky" day I can just as easily this team is terrible (the OL is putrid and we have a glass QB and two inexperienced guys, along with an inconsistent D, so it would be hard to argue) and this was a "lucky" day in a lost season.

(On a side note I really like Buck. I've met him and chatted over a few tequilas his passion for the game and for this city are really quite remarkable unfortunately in the end that's not really what matters.)

Last edited by veganhunter: 10-10-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old
10-10-2012, 10:01 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
I agree the one awesome game and one good game are not a big enough sample size to say anything with certainty but neither are the two terrible games. Joey didn't have a ton of time with the first time offence and has barely started any games in his career. Is he great now? No but he has potential and that's more than you can say for Buck before we all rush to judgment on whether he sucks because he two bad games or he is going to be great because he had two good games, let's watch him play out the season, get first team reps, experience, an opportunity to learn from his mistakes without having to look over his shoulder for the glass QB.

By the way just an observation a lot of inexperienced and young QB's throw a lot of check downs because they are unfamiliar with receivers, unsure of their reads, and simply lack confidence to try and squeeze the ball into tight windows, not to mention with this constant QB carousel we've had this season the guy is probably scared to death to throw a pick. Let's let him play and find out out if he is able to correct some of these things rather than letting a QB who is destined for an early retirement or at least a weekly trip to the infirmary try and salvage a lost season.

I mean if we are going to say Joey had a "lucky" day I can just as easily this team is terrible (the OL is putrid and we have a glass QB and two inexperienced guys, along with an inconsistent D, so it would be hard to argue) and this was a "lucky" day in a lost season.
Its been more then 2 bad games. Those two games were just the worst by a QB in the history of the league. Check down Joey does it way more then most young QBs but point taken.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Its been more then 2 bad games. Those two games were just the worst by a QB in the history of the league.
Give me a break. I get that you're not sold on Elliott, but lay off on the hyperbole. He had two rough outings, nothing more and nothing less. Never mind the fact that the entire team sucked in those two games.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:29 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Its been more then 2 bad games. Those two games were just the worst by a QB in the history of the league. Check down Joey does it way more then most young QBs but point taken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Give me a break. I get that you're not sold on Elliott, but lay off on the hyperbole. He had two rough outings, nothing more and nothing less. Never mind the fact that the entire team sucked in those two games.
That's why I say start him the rest of the season if he is still having games like those closer to the end of the season and showing no obvious improvement, then bye bye Joey. There is going to be growing pains though there aren't many Brady's or Manning's out there.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
That's why I say start him the rest of the season if he is still having games like those closer to the end of the season and showing no obvious improvement, then bye bye Joey.
Agreed. The jury is still very much out on Elliott, but he's at least earned the right to get a couple more opportunities to show he can be the guy.

Closed Thread