HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2012, 06:16 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
I am one of Moroz's biggest supporters, but he is playing with no passion or toughness is quite dissapointing. It is like he is forgetting what made him get where he has got. On the other Ewanyk I thought was the best player on the ice tonight. He is finally playing the way he was playing when he got drafted rough and tough and solid defensive side of the game. He also has two pp goals in the past two games, so hopefully this might be the start of his offensive game breaking out.
One guy that I am really starting like Geertsons game he has been solid all season long. I would not mind the Oilers draftin him this summer.
Moroz looks so confused out there... He doesn't know what his game or identity right now. I almost think Oilers management/development told him something wrong and he is uncomfortable right now especially with the weight of expectations playing in the market that drafted him. It's a lot of pressure for an 18-year-old.

Two seasons ago he was still in Midget AAA and not exactly lighting it up. He's not playing with a purpose right now and doesn't have an identity. It's leading to the passion not being there, so many times he skates around aimlessly and isn't playing with his instincts. There's still time though, he sort of came out of nowhere so I honestly feel a bit bad for him he's probably being very hard on himself and I'm hoping for his sake and ours one of the coaches or Sillinger/Moores/Carriere realizes this and has a constructive and positive talk with him to get him realigned. Maybe I'm panicking a bit, it's only a few games into the season but that's just how I see it—you gotta save his season before he mentally beats himself up to a pulp.

Old
10-07-2012, 06:19 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Foster was flying tonight. Really liked his game. Agree on Saskatoon. They are a collection of 2nd rate players for the most part. They arent missing Thrower, he has been a healthy scratch.

Ewanyk was very strong tonight. I also liked Lucas Sutter's game. That kid is a pitbull. He should be the captain imo. Walker was invisible. Siemens looks like he doesnt want to be there. Lots of problems. I thought Markov had a pretty strong game.

Im really down on Samuelsson and Moroz atm. They both are taking dingbat penalties every game it seems. They are hurting the team atm imo.
Samuelsson is OK, his sense is there and he is handling the puck fine and the shot is coming nicely off his stick. The skating looks like more of a problem when the puck isn't going in. I trust he will pick it up. The penalty things is a part of his game, he's a chippy/cheap/dirty player which is part of his whole package. We'll see more from him IMO, but Moroz I don't know (refer to previous post for my thoughts on him).

Old
10-09-2012, 12:57 PM
NWT Habs Fan

The attendance thing has been a puzzle so far for sure. With that great playoff run and decent crowds, and after just under 11,000 for opening night, it sure looked like the lockout was going to benefit the Oil Kings in the stands. But the crowds since the first game have been very small.

The defense will get a boost once Lowe is back (day to day), but that likely means that only the youngster Mayo will have a seat. He is still too young and not strong enough to play consistent shifts yet, but he has looked better than Sautner. Gernat's recovery from his shoulder surgery will really hurt for sure, as that is a lot of ice time and PP time that has to move down the depth chart.

Wruck being back should help the top two lines spread the scoring around a bit. Moroz has looked out of place in an offensive role. Interesting to see the five forward lineup on the first PP unit, although heaven help us if Wruck bobbles the puck on the blueline as I am not sure he will win a lot of one-on-on battles as a defenseman.

The effort against the Blades on Saturday was better, and I guess that was a decent point in Calgary considering the very quick turnaround for an afternoon game three hours from home after a game the night before. I agree with the others who have said the Blades sure don't look like a contender. I expect they will need to bolster that offense if they plan on doing anything more than just hosting the Memorial Cup and getting three games in as a result.

Old
10-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

https://twitter.com/edmoilkings/stat...06338464763905

Quote:
#OilKings receive some bad news today as Stephane Legault will be out 4-6 weeks with a lower body injury
Spot for Moroz on the Lazar - Samulesson line?

Old
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
https://twitter.com/edmoilkings/stat...06338464763905

Spot for Moroz on the Lazar - Samulesson line?
As much as I would love that Moroz has been struggling on the third, and I do not think you can reward him for not doing his job.

Old
10-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Usual_Suspect

Dan Tencer (@dantencer)
Weird situation with Oil Kings d-man (Oilers draft pick) Martin Gernat. Hurt shoulder, went back to Slovakia for 2nd opinion + surgery...
...Oil Kings coach Derek Laxdal says they aren't even really sure what got operated on, all the doctors notes are in Slovakian...
Laxdal says Gernat and his agent were within their rights to make the decision, but Oil Kings looking forward to him returning for rehab.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:16 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Oil Kings vs Tigers tonight game is on Shaw TV.

10-10-2012, 12:18 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Oil Kings vs Tigers tonight game is on Shaw TV.
Thank you.

What really bothers me is radio stations are making so much fun of players for the lockout and such, but instead of giving them the time or day, would it hurt to mention this?

Old
10-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

I had a weird dream last night about the Oil Kings. They played against the Wheat Kings and beat them 319-16 with St. Croix, Lazar, and Reinhart getting 100 points each in that game.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
I had a weird dream last night about the Oil Kings. They played against the Wheat Kings and beat them 319-16 with St. Croix, Lazar, and Reinhart getting 100 points each in that game.
Are you on prescription medication at the moment? That is a pretty wild dream! That said if you're going to dream that big may as well dream that you had your way withe the Swedish bikini team

10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Are you on prescription medication at the moment? That is a pretty wild dream! That said if you're going to dream that big may as well dream that you had your way withe the Swedish bikini team
Well, I also dreamed that Winnipeg Jets beat the New York Yankees 146-3.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
That's a goal every 10.7 seconds!

Did Moroz finish -16?

Old
10-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Hopefully, they get back on track tonight. Despite the loss against Calgary it was nice to see them break out of their mini scoring slump... even if it was just one guy doing all the scoring.

Old
10-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Well, I also dreamed that Winnipeg Jets beat the New York Yankees 146-3.
Just to be clear no one can EVER beat Da Bears! Not even in your dreams buddy, not while they got coach Ditka at the helm. Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears!

Old
10-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
all over the game tonight. can't wait.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50

Thanks for the chuckles Evil Oilers!

Much appreciated!

Old
10-10-2012, 09:58 PM
40oz

Oil Kings are up 4-2 in the third. No points and even ratings for Moroz and Ewanyk.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Oil Kings are up 4-2 in the third. No points and even ratings for Moroz and Ewanyk.
Signs of life from Moroz at least?

Old
10-10-2012, 10:48 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Oil Kings beat the Medicine Hat Tigers 4-2 tonight.

Refs did their best to help the Tigers gifting them 9pp's including 4 separate 5-3 advantages. Cody Corbet took the second penalty on three of those occasions.

Laurent Brossoit probably had his best game of the year.

Cole Benson played well, tallying two assists, took a huge hit and Im not sure if he played again or not.

Mason Geertsen stepped up and answered the bell when Jacob Doty came calling.

Doty is considered one of if not the toughest guy in the WHL and Geertsen held his own. Not bad for a 17yr old.

In other whl news, the Saskatoon Blades lost again, 4-0 to Portland. The Blades had one shot in the third period. At home.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Signs of life from Moroz at least?
Nope. He was a total passenger.

He is a boat anchor on that line.

He rarely hits and he never fights.

He doesnt score either so Im not sure what he is doing out there.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Nope. He was a total passenger.

He is a boat anchor on that line.

He rarely hits and he never fights.

He doesnt score either so Im not sure what he is doing out there.
Georges Laraque syndrome? The kid does realize that the real work starts once you get drafted right?

Old
10-10-2012, 10:54 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Georges Laraque syndrome? The kid does realize that the real work starts once you get drafted right?
Im thinking they told him to cut out the rough stuff and concentrate on scoring.

Either that or he has jumped the shark.

Either way it sucks.

Hopefully he comes around. The refs are all over him every shift though. The officiating is total dog **** this year.

Travis Ewanyk has been much more effective imo.

Old
10-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Im thinking they told him to cut out the rough stuff and concentrate on scoring.

Either that or he has jumped the shark.

Either way it sucks.

Hopefully he comes around. The refs are all over him every shift though. The officiating is total dog **** this year.

Travis Ewanyk has been much more effective imo.
What's the deal with the refs? If he isn't physical what are they *****ing about? IIRC you and others have said that he looks huge so I assume that he put in his time in the gym, it just doesn't make sense that the kid would be so lost out there. Is he getting good coaching?

Old
10-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Lobotomizer*

Quote:
Oil Kings beat the Medicine Hat Tigers 4-2 tonight.

Refs did their best to help the Tigers gifting them 9pp's including 4 separate 5-3 advantages. Cody Corbet took the second penalty on three of those occasions.

Laurent Brossoit probably had his best game of the year.

Cole Benson played well, tallying two assists, took a huge hit and Im not sure if he played again or not.

Mason Geertsen stepped up and answered the bell when Jacob Doty came calling.

Doty is considered one of if not the toughest guy in the WHL and Geertsen held his own. Not bad for a 17yr old.

In other whl news, the Saskatoon Blades lost again, 4-0 to Portland. The Blades had one shot in the third period. At home.
Thanks for the update. Good to see the Kings win again.

Still happy about the start of the season for my Wheaties...

Old
10-10-2012, 11:02 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
What's the deal with the refs? If he isn't physical what are they *****ing about? IIRC you and others have said that he looks huge so I assume that he put in his time in the gym, it just doesn't make sense that the kid would be so lost out there. Is he getting good coaching?
Laxdall is an excellent coach.

You can see the refs are watching him waiting to ding him with something. Its the same dumbass refs over and over again for the most part. They work this region and we get them whether we like it or not. I think there are two or three crews. Jon Stephenson is the worst of the bunch.

That said Ewanyk still hits and fights.

So does Lowe.

So Moroz doesnt really have an excuse imo, unless of course the Oilers have talked to him and told him to tone it down.

I think that is very likely.

Closed Thread