HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins/Jets Trade

Old
10-10-2012, 09:21 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Fan View Post
Dont think Winnipeg would want Thomas. But to bring Little back to the table

To Boston:
Little <
Enstrom >

To Winnipeg:
Krejci >
McQuaid <

Little isnt as bad as you might think he is. There is a lot of value in him. Him playing the wing to Seguin could be pretty lethal.
That is actually interesting. Not sure Winnipeg does it, and I don't think Boston adds. But it is fairly close IMO.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:25 AM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Ok, but Hamilton MAY some day very soon be a better dman than Enstrom is now & will ever be. Hamilton is 'projected' to be a #1.

Not too mention the cap savings on Hamilton as opposed to Entrom. Winnipeg isn't close to being a contender, this move (if made) would be done with an eye on the future. A top-pairing of Bogosian-Hamilton. Scheifele could play behind Krejci. Im not suggesting Winnipeg agrees to this trade, but it's a heck of alot more interesting than having to endure Jets fans trying to peddle off Bryan Little on us Bruins fans.
The cap savings you're talking about is eliminated by having Thomas involved, and the cap hit for Enstrom is fine for the jets considering they just offered an extension to him.

Little does not fill any need for Boston, agreed. I don't see a realistic scenario where you get Kane, Bogosian, or Enstrom though.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:26 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
That's fine. I'm not suggesting it's a deal the Jets should or would make. I'm simply saying Little for Krejci makes Boston a worse team and prospects and picks mean nothing to the B's who need to win while Chara is still playing at his level.
I agree. Certainly Little is a non-starter from Boston's point of view.

My point was more to give context regarding what it looks like to a Jets fan when Bogosian is included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
As I said if Krejci gets moved it will most likely be for a 30g winger and since Kane is obviously (and rightfully) off the table I think both fan bases can move on.
And this gets at my point more clearly. From a Winnipeg point of view, Bogosian is as off the table as Kane, perhaps even more so. For Krejci, I'd be much more inclined to move Kane than Bogosian.

Does that mean something around Krejci and Kane could be worked out? Probably not. But it would be easier to pry Kane out of Winnipeg with additional young assets than it would be to pry out Bogosian.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
The cap savings you're talking about is eliminated by having Thomas involved, and the cap hit for Enstrom is fine for the jets considering they just offered an extension to him.

Little does not fill any need for Boston, agreed. I don't see a realistic scenario where you get Kane, Bogosian, or Enstrom though.
I was suggesting "cap savings" meaning Thomas deal runs out after this season. Hamilton will be on ELC for 3 years.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:20 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
I was suggesting "cap savings" meaning Thomas deal runs out after this season. Hamilton will be on ELC for 3 years.
True, but I think the cap savings point is moot anyway, because if the Jets were worried about their cap in relation to Enstrom they wouldn't have offered the extension.

I don't think any deal involving these teams is going to work well unless some of the bigger names are involved, names neither team wants to give up.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:52 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Ok, but Hamilton MAY some day very soon be a better dman than Enstrom is now & will ever be. Hamilton is 'projected' to be a #1.

Not too mention the cap savings on Hamilton as opposed to Entrom. Winnipeg isn't close to being a contender, this move (if made) would be done with an eye on the future. A top-pairing of Bogosian-Hamilton. Scheifele could play behind Krejci. Im not suggesting Winnipeg agrees to this trade, but it's a heck of alot more interesting than having to endure Jets fans trying to peddle off Bryan Little on us Bruins fans.
I agree with a majority of what you said in some form. I just can't really get behind trading Kane unless we were adding to get Seguin which I can't really see Boston doing.

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
I agree with a majority of what you said in some form. I just can't really get behind trading Kane unless we were adding to get Seguin which I can't really see Boston doing.
If I were a Jets fan I wouldn't want to trade Kane either, kid is dynamite.

But 3yrs from now, a Krejci-Scheifele center tandem, & a Bogosian-Hamilton top D pairing aint too shabby.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
If I were a Jets fan I wouldn't want to trade Kane either, kid is dynamite.

But 3yrs from now, a Krejci-Scheifele center tandem, & a Bogosian-Hamilton top D pairing aint too shabby.
Agreed Bogo, Buff, Hamilton, Trouba, Stuart, whoever would be unbelievable if they all turned into ehat thet are projected to be. As for Krejci I love him but I would rather find a way to get him to play with Kane rather than to trade Kane for him (and Little is not an acceptable return for him that much I know I'm not really a fan of Little at all, perhaps a move to RW could help him though)

Old
10-10-2012, 07:27 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
ya, that's ret--- ridiculous
Of course it is.
So was the offer I replied to.

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
Well, talk to me when one of those two lead the NHL playoffs in scoring... or at least put up a + season.
Bruins wouldn't do Krejci for Little, but I implore Bruins fans to stop using the above reasoning when talking about Krejci.

It's great that Krejci led the playoffs in scoring 15 months ago, but it's not the be all and end all.

Don't believe me? Which player led the playoffs in scoring before: Claude Lemiuex or Cam Neely?

So are Bruins fans saying that they would have traded Neely for Lemiuex?

Didn't think so.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 08:21 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Bruins wouldn't do Krejci for Little, but I implore Bruins fans to stop using the above reasoning when talking about Krejci.

It's great that Krejci led the playoffs in scoring 15 months ago, but it's not the be all and end all.

Don't believe me? Which player led the playoffs in scoring before: Claude Lemiuex or Cam Neely?

Didn't think so.
Leading the playoffs in scoring adds a ton to your value, even if you are a POS like Lemieux, but doesn't instantly make you better. I don't see what is wrong with bringing it up considering how underrated Krejci can get.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 10:01 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post

Didn't think so.
I don't read all of that into it when people say that, I just take it as proof that Krejci can come up big when it matters most. Not every player does that. Not every player can maintain their regular season scoring pace in the playoffs but Krejci can.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Lets just for arguments sake call Kane and Krejci a wash (which it isn't) we are trading Enstrom for a prospect who might be as good as Enstrom one day and a cap dump

I love Hamilton but not that much
you might be right the trade isnt a good one... but calling thomas a cap dump is a fallacy that continues to be repeated so ill take one more try at explaining this.

on a team that is at the cap... thomas might repersent a problem cause he counts towards the cap BUT

he has said he wont report... guys that dont report dont get paid... so he isnt actually a 'money dump' and teams below the cap suffer no penalty taking him on

if he does end up reporting.. he is a vezina trophy winner with no trade protetion making only prorated 3 mill this year... easily worth a first rounder at the deadlien

if he doesnt report... his contract can be carried over by the team and dealt with next year.

there is some chance boston will end up dealing him.. but also a chance that the new cba will be rewritten with some common sense... and will have a new clause in it to deal with thomas. Boston did nothing wrong and doesnt deserve to be penalized on this issue. I expect he will be dealt cause he cant come back... but he wont be a cap dump

the only reason boston still holds him is that eventually he will have value... eventually some team will want him and hes going to be cheap and hes still talented. affordable talented guys are always worth something in a trade

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 12:17 AM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Thomas has negative value as a player and Boston would have to pay a team to take him. Saying anything else is a joke. He won't report. No teams need to make the floor. He has no value

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Thomas has negative value as a player and Boston would have to pay a team to take him. Saying anything else is a joke. He won't report. No teams need to make the floor. He has no value
If Thomas says tomorrow that he will play in the NHL for another team he definitely wont have negative value, hes still a great goalie and a lot of teams would love to have him. His current value is likely negative though.

Also, you know nothing about his actual intentions, just like me. Saying "he wont report" is dumb when tomorrow he could come out and say hes unretired.

Something tells me he'll be in the NHL sooner rather than later for another team. Hes simply too talented right now to pass up the short term deal he could get. Then again, I could be completely wrong

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:29 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I would think the Bruins would be more interested in Enstrom than Little if they were to trade Krejci.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:24 AM
416Leafer

Little isn't very close to Krejci in terms of value..

Krejci is better both offensively and defensively.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 01:00 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
you might be right the trade isnt a good one... but calling thomas a cap dump is a fallacy that continues to be repeated so ill take one more try at explaining this.

on a team that is at the cap... thomas might repersent a problem cause he counts towards the cap BUT

he has said he wont report... guys that dont report dont get paid... so he isnt actually a 'money dump' and teams below the cap suffer no penalty taking him on

if he does end up reporting.. he is a vezina trophy winner with no trade protetion making only prorated 3 mill this year... easily worth a first rounder at the deadlien

if he doesnt report... his contract can be carried over by the team and dealt with next year.

there is some chance boston will end up dealing him.. but also a chance that the new cba will be rewritten with some common sense... and will have a new clause in it to deal with thomas. Boston did nothing wrong and doesnt deserve to be penalized on this issue. I expect he will be dealt cause he cant come back... but he wont be a cap dump

the only reason boston still holds him is that eventually he will have value... eventually some team will want him and hes going to be cheap and hes still talented. affordable talented guys are always worth something in a trade
Boston is dumping the cap hit was what i was trying to say. If Thomas did decide to come back then we are stuck with him at that price as the back up unless we can trade him (which actually could pay off if we could take a team like Chicago to the cleaners for him). It just doesn't make sense in that deal for us to do that.