HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2012, 01:17 PM
  #76
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
You probably won't belive this, but few days back i found a nice looking 15 year old defenceman and i thought this would be just what tujague is looking for. I alredy copied the link to his profile to post it here, but he only had about 30 min left before deadline and i thougt, meh you won't see this post in time anyway. Well i did find another solid defender you might like, Jaroslav Lysáček. I hope this doesn't violate any "no advertising" rules or something like that.
The only way to get players like these are to overbid - which I've just done.

60mill secured this player.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:24 PM
  #77
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
The only way to get players like these are to overbid - which I've just done.

60mill secured this player.
You might be right, but i like to play cautiously I'd like to think i hit a jackpot about two weeks ago when i bought this player for only 70k:

http://prntscr.com/gywel

Yeah he has CL 5/6 and offensive quality isn't the best with 77, and he probably was pulled as a defenceman, but i still thought he would go for much, much more. After few years of slow training he might give me few millions I guess it also has to do with the time when the deadline is about to expire.

edit: small correction, make that 60k

suprvilce is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:24 PM
  #78
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
...which brings me to my next post....

I have 19 guys on the market right now - all to be sold this coming Wednesday.

Some high OR players in there along with some 15 & 16 year olds with good Q's.

I need some money after that costly purchase!!

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:27 PM
  #79
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
You might be right, but i like to play cautiously I'd like to think i hit a jackpot about two weeks ago when i bought this player for only 70k:

http://prntscr.com/gywel

Yeah he has CL 5/6 and offensive quality isn't the best with 77, and he probably was pulled as a defenceman, but i still thought he would go for much, much more. After few years of slow training he might give me few millions I guess it also has to do with the time when the deadline is about to expire.
Nice player, and for a superb price too!!

The thing is, when the big boys come to play, you won't get a player like that for anything other than big bids.

I've shelled out on a couple of guys over the seasons, but I'm firmly investing in players for the future from now on. I'm in a position where money is coming to me alot quicker and by the bucket load on a weekly basis.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 01:46 PM
  #80
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
Could use an advice from someone more experienced, on Wednesday my SA and human resources both get upgraded to lvl 8 (sooo hard to wait 3 more days to pull rookies, but i get to pull twice in two days ), and i'll have enough money to upgrade only one, i'm thinking HR, a good idea? Also the main question i wanted to ask, what to do about my Arena, i was thinking upgrade facilities this season and upgrade arena next season. Should i upgrade medium-seat at 450 x4 or 6x, or wait a season and build 2500 tripple? Or something else? Thanks

suprvilce is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 03:30 PM
  #81
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Could use an advice from someone more experienced, on Wednesday my SA and human resources both get upgraded to lvl 8 (sooo hard to wait 3 more days to pull rookies, but i get to pull twice in two days ), and i'll have enough money to upgrade only one, i'm thinking HR, a good idea? Also the main question i wanted to ask, what to do about my Arena, i was thinking upgrade facilities this season and upgrade arena next season. Should i upgrade medium-seat at 450 x4 or 6x, or wait a season and build 2500 tripple? Or something else? Thanks
The HR facility is useful for one thing only in my opinion - money at the end of the season when offers come in.

SA facility offers more in the long run - more players to TC, (supposedly) better juniors coming into the team.

Given the situation you are in, I think it would be more benefit to upgrade your HR dept to the next level - it will be completed well in advance of the end of season offers and will give you more money to play with next season.

That is what I would do.

Regarding the stadium issues - save for the full upgrade, 2,500 each stand.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 05:53 PM
  #82
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
The only way to get players like these are to overbid - which I've just done.

60mill secured this player.
That's a hell of a pick up. canucks has been bidding on forwards with those Qs and getting outbid at 150M. I wish I had the money

Did you let me run out of money before bidding? If so, that was awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
You might be right, but i like to play cautiously I'd like to think i hit a jackpot about two weeks ago when i bought this player for only 70k:

http://prntscr.com/gywel

Yeah he has CL 5/6 and offensive quality isn't the best with 77, and he probably was pulled as a defenceman, but i still thought he would go for much, much more. After few years of slow training he might give me few millions I guess it also has to do with the time when the deadline is about to expire.

edit: small correction, make that 60k
I bought a similar player recently. AI think I already mentioned that he was pulled as a dman. Unfortunately, he was also trained as a dman for 3 weeks, which probably hurt his value. I still paid over 11M for him. I guess his defensive training was a good thing because I never could have afforded him otherwise. I had a bit of buyer's remorse at first, but he could be a really good player down the line. And even though his Qs were posted in chat, it still makes me feel a lot better now that he's scouted.
Code:
Goa 	17		76	
Def 	81		95	
Off 	43		93	
Sho 	47		96	
Pas 	45		99	
Tec 	30		74	
Agr 	40		61
OR	303	AvQ	85%
That's a very good player if you ignore the 81 defense. Although I do have to admit that I didn't even look at his distribution while I was bidding I had no idea he was a dman until right after I placed my last bid

And I agree with Emerald. Build triples as soon as possible. In fact, I would skip the facilities altogether. Get the stadium built up first. It guarantees you more money faster. I'm in last place right now. The team is awful. I'm probably going to struggle in III. I might have a chance to beat the dead team, but even their OTS is higher than mine, so it's no guarantee. Still, I lead the league in attendance. I'm averaging 5712 fans. That's 2.3M per game. There's only two other teams getting more than 3700.

tujague is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 06:08 PM
  #83
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That's a hell of a pick up. canucks has been bidding on forwards with those Qs and getting outbid at 150M. I wish I had the money

Did you let me run out of money before bidding? If so, that was awesome
Cheers, and yeah, I was keeping an eye on this thread and seen ya ran out of dough.
That's a hell of a player you got by the way - his Q's are excellent!

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 07:31 PM
  #84
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That's a hell of a pick up. canucks has been bidding on forwards with those Qs and getting outbid at 150M. I wish I had the money
The Swiss guy was a buddy of mine's who I introduced to the game. Promised him 160M if he posted him so I was doing my part to get him there. The next guy was 94Q or higher from O to A and if I won him for 150M I could have easily sold him for 200M if he stayed at 6/6 after 112 days.

###############

In other news, I'm concerned about my RFA GK to be in soccer. He's 757 OR (229-68-148-160-85) with 82 EXP. While 3/6 he still trains quite well given his Qs. I don't really want to fork out cash to keep him, but I can't let him go for 10M and only get to keep 5M. I suppose I could re-sign him then sell him later if I wanted. The catch there being he'd count against my transfer count. Hmmm.


Last edited by canucks357: 10-07-2012 at 07:56 PM.
canucks357 is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 05:14 AM
  #85
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
Thanks for the advices, i'll try to do what you said and save enough to start bulding 2500 tripples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That's a very good player if you ignore the 81 defense. Although I do have to admit that I didn't even look at his distribution while I was bidding I had no idea he was a dman until right after I placed my last bid
I did read in the guide that defensive skill is used by all skaters, even forwards, so it's not like that defensive skill is totally wasted

suprvilce is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 09:23 AM
  #86
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Obryantj must be ridiculously busy. He's barely hanging on to first and he's only 2-1-2 in his last five, including a loss to my massively inconsistent Atomics. That's not like him at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Cheers, and yeah, I was keeping an eye on this thread and seen ya ran out of dough.
That's a hell of a player you got by the way - his Q's are excellent!
Cool. I'm going after THIS GUY today. 89/97/90/99 and 73 for Shot. I'm down to 28M

Why is it so hard to get a damn dman? I'm currently starting my best youth pull in ages at 4th LD. His Qs are 85/85/76/63

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
In other news, I'm concerned about my RFA GK to be in soccer. He's 757 OR (229-68-148-160-85) with 82 EXP. While 3/6 he still trains quite well given his Qs. I don't really want to fork out cash to keep him, but I can't let him go for 10M and only get to keep 5M. I suppose I could re-sign him then sell him later if I wanted. The catch there being he'd count against my transfer count. Hmmm.
That's weird seeing RFAs in soccer already. How old was he when you got him? My oldest player is 24 (Bamburg). I have one 23yo (Harris), one 22yo (Denno), three 21yos and four 20yos. What's the going price for UFA goalies? I've never even looked at players that old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I did read in the guide that defensive skill is used by all skaters, even forwards, so it's not like that defensive skill is totally wasted
I read that too and I don't believe it canucks used to train his players in the so-called off-primaries and it didn't help him. So I'm just going to pretend like I paid 12M for a player with 220OR

tujague is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
  #87
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,349
vCash: 500
Tomorrow my sports academy upgrades and i'll pull a superb defenceman just for you and one on thursday too

suprvilce is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
  #88
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
That's weird seeing RFAs in soccer already. How old was he when you got him? My oldest player is 24 (Bamburg). I have one 23yo (Harris), one 22yo (Denno), three 21yos and four 20yos. What's the going price for UFA goalies? I've never even looked at players that old.
He was 18 6/6 when I got my team. Dropped to 4/6 at 21 which is the only time I've ever seen a guy who 4 seasons at a C/L then two at the next one despite being injury free.

canucks357 is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 11:39 AM
  #89
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Cool. I'm going after THIS GUY today. 89/97/90/99 and 73 for Shot. I'm down to 28M
Cool - he looks a good player, I'll keep an eye out for this and see how it develops.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
  #90
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Tomorrow my sports academy upgrades and i'll pull a superb defenceman just for you and one on thursday too
Nice. I look forward to not being able to afford them either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Cool - he looks a good player, I'll keep an eye out for this and see how it develops.
60M might have gotten this one, too

tujague is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 05:49 PM
  #91
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
wow- I managed a tie against boilermakers with my 5-4-1 VL setup. Have to count that as a win in my book. I was hoping to salvage the goal differential is all. I like where I'm sitting right now to finish out the season, I have pretty good energy and should be able to string together a couple wins / draws with the remaining schedule. If I can climb a few spots in the standings I'll be very happy.

doug5984 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 07:24 AM
  #92
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
I just missed a dman over night because the stinking auction ended at 2 freaking 30. He had a terrible 63 tech Q, but I didn't care. Still didn't get him

I'm starting to lose the will to search anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
wow- I managed a tie against boilermakers with my 5-4-1 VL setup. Have to count that as a win in my book. I was hoping to salvage the goal differential is all. I like where I'm sitting right now to finish out the season, I have pretty good energy and should be able to string together a couple wins / draws with the remaining schedule. If I can climb a few spots in the standings I'll be very happy.
I beat him and now you tie him? There must be something wrong with him. He hasn't posted here or at PPM in a while. His soccer team is sucking, 2-2-2 in the last six. His hockey team is 2-0-4 in the last six.


I've been saving up the soccer money and I'm ready to build. Which would you do- RF14, HR14 or SA14?
I've never really been happy with the training bump from previous RF builds, but I do worry about falling too far behind FC Corona and the Boilermakers.
HR14 would be nice, but it's only really useful for 4 days out of the season. Is it worth it?
SA14 would be brilliant if my youth pull luck could continue, but I'm afraid upgrading might put an end to that. Or maybe it's already ended? I haven't had a good pull in 4 whole weeks

Or should I blow 100M on a great player?


Last edited by tujague: 10-10-2012 at 07:46 AM.
tujague is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 08:51 AM
  #93
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I just missed a dman over night because the stinking auction ended at 2 freaking 30. He had a terrible 63 tech Q, but I didn't care. Still didn't get him

I'm starting to lose the will to search anymore.



I beat him and now you tie him? There must be something wrong with him. He hasn't posted here or at PPM in a while. His soccer team is sucking, 2-2-2 in the last six. His hockey team is 2-0-4 in the last six.


I've been saving up the soccer money and I'm ready to build. Which would you do- RF14, HR14 or SA14?
I've never really been happy with the training bump from previous RF builds, but I do worry about falling too far behind FC Corona and the Boilermakers.
HR14 would be nice, but it's only really useful for 4 days out of the season. Is it worth it?
SA14 would be brilliant if my youth pull luck could continue, but I'm afraid upgrading might put an end to that. Or maybe it's already ended? I haven't had a good pull in 4 whole weeks

Or should I blow 100M on a great player?
I'd spend it to finish out the stadium- you're almost done with it. Get that out the way, it brings in money every day.

doug5984 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 11:57 AM
  #94
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
HR14 would be nice, but it's only really useful for 4 days out of the season. Is it worth it?
I would argue that HR, no matter what level your building to, is good for every day of the season.

Money is everything in this game - and HR levelling is vital.

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 12:11 PM
  #95
doug5984
Registered User
 
doug5984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to doug5984
If you built HR14 now, would it be finished by the end of the season? If not, then what about waiting and setting the money aside to do that one day 1 (or the last day possible) to have it ready for the new offers the following season?

Edit: I'd vote against SA14, I'm assuming all it will do is increase your % of getting a higher quality pull a very small amount. Long term it's worth having- but generating $$$ from HR or stadium, or training from RF is the way to go im my book...but I'm playing to avoid relegation so what do i know

doug5984 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:23 PM
  #96
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
A win! A hockey win! 6-2 over a dead team is still a win!

*bows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
I would argue that HR, no matter what level your building to, is good for every day of the season.

Money is everything in this game - and HR levelling is vital.
That's where I was leaning. HR13 will be finished in a day or three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
If you built HR14 now, would it be finished by the end of the season? If not, then what about waiting and setting the money aside to do that one day 1 (or the last day possible) to have it ready for the new offers the following season?

Edit: I'd vote against SA14, I'm assuming all it will do is increase your % of getting a higher quality pull a very small amount. Long term it's worth having- but generating $$$ from HR or stadium, or training from RF is the way to go im my book...but I'm playing to avoid relegation so what do i know
SA doesn't increase your chance for a better pull. It only increases your chance for more pulls, and the players might have more OR.

HR14 won't be done this season. I guess I could wait until next season to start it, but I don't like having that money on hand when I know I'd need to spend a pretty penny to upgrade the team. I already checked the market for upgrades in the Midfield. Very pricey. I need to build something asap

And I'll still be able to save up enough to get my last maxed Triple started on day 1 of next season. It's easy to make ridiculous money when you're anywhere near the top of the table

EDIT: I finally got a dman? And a righty to boot? He's not perfect by any means (only 214OR!), but I'm happy to finally land one- Adam Oruzinsky for 16.8M. Manager says his Qs are 92/99/90/82. Awesome. I tend to believe those numbers because each one is 7 points higher than what I'm seeing. That happens every once in a while. Hopefully this is one of those times.

Emerald, did you scout that dman you just won? Or did you bid because I bid?


Last edited by tujague: 10-10-2012 at 02:47 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:58 PM
  #97
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Emerald, did you scout that dman you just won? Or did you bid because I bid?
Not at all Tujague - I was watching how the bidding was going before you jumped in - I was always gonna go for this guy.
- Also, I made about 220 mill on transfers today and it was burning a big hole in my pocket!!

Emerald76 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 09:15 PM
  #98
canucks357
Registered User
 
canucks357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
So apparently those annoying pop ups give us 1% of our weekly sponsor offer just for clicking close.

canucks357 is online now  
Old
10-11-2012, 09:29 AM
  #99
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Despite the lower sponsors and frustrating as hell market, I think I've done pretty well this season.

Adam Oružinský - 215OR Dman 92/99/90/82 for 16.8M
Ermīns Strēlis - 280OR Center 84/93/95/93 for 21M
Branislav Čajko - 309OR Center 99/99/85/88 for 32M
Filip Rekić - 309OR (81 wasted on D) Center 93/96/99/74 for 11.5M

Center depth is obviously replenished I had to do that after 6-7 of them dropped to 5/6 at 16yo

Now I need just one more dman (or two). Preferably a lefty, but I'll be happy with anything at this point. But I might need to take a break from the market for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Not at all Tujague - I was watching how the bidding was going before you jumped in - I was always gonna go for this guy.
- Also, I made about 220 mill on transfers today and it was burning a big hole in my pocket!!
Do you just accept the market penalties for selling more than 10 players? Or do you have things planned better than I do? I'm sitting on 10+ players that I want to sell, but I just can't do it with those damn market fees. If I sold them all, I would be looking at over 40% fees on some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
So apparently those annoying pop ups give us 1% of our weekly sponsor offer just for clicking close.
They give us money in hockey and soccer? Or into our Tennis Duel accounts? I'll be honest, I signed up for Tennis Duel, but I don't think I ever played a match. It makes more sense to give it to our Tennis account, but your reaction makes me think it goes to hockey/soccer. That seems weird.

tujague is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 11:59 AM
  #100
Emerald76
Registered User
 
Emerald76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dubh Linn
Country: Ireland
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Do you just accept the market penalties for selling more than 10 players? Or do you have things planned better than I do? I'm sitting on 10+ players that I want to sell, but I just can't do it with those damn market fees. If I sold them all, I would be looking at over 40% fees on some of them.
Generally I have between 8 and 12 very good players that I know I will get big bucks on per season - and the others are crap players I don't really wanna keep to train into something more reasonable for other managers to buy, if they sell, great, if not, they always nearly get dumped. They normally go to sale an hour or 2 after my big players are sold - so the commission is only a small hit.

Emerald76 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.