HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins Flames

Old
10-10-2012, 01:52 PM
b in vancouver

vCash: 500
I also never really see why Krejci has to be traded to move Seguin to centre. Move Kelly to wing.
Even this year - as the roster stands you could ice

Lucic Krejci Horton
Marchand Seguin Peverley
Caron Bergeron Kelly

Sure Bergeron wouldn't put up as many points but if used purely as a shutdown line against other teams then the B's other two lines could run rampant. Or some other combination. But just move Kelly to wing.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 01:57 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Fair point IMO it does. I think Iginla on the Bruins would have at least one 80 point season in him.

The way I look at it is unless you plan on having Seguin as a career winger (which wouldn't be a good move IMO) you have to move Krejci at some point. He's more redundant than Bergerant and wouldn't make a good winger IMO. If you believe a better player will become available for a similar price then that's fair.
Unfortunately there are a lot of factors that need to be thought about if a deal like this was to be done.

Is Iginla so much better than Krejci that he makes up for the fact that he will be an UFA while Krejci still has 3? years on his deal? Is he so much better that Iginla as a wing is better than Krejci as a center? That is my biggest concern and even though you think Seguin should play center as do many people, I am unsure that having Seguin at center would be better for the team than having Krejci at center and Seguin at the wing. Krejci plays in a lot of defensive situations, it is how the Bruins are built, every center is above average at the least defensively. In case of Injuries they have Peverley and Seguin who can play center, it is the kind of depth that is needed to go a long way in the playoffs in my opinion.

Taking the 2nd best all around forward on the team out of the picture creates a pretty big hole than I am not sure Seguin is as of yet capable of filling on the defensive side of things.

Is Iginla that good that it is worth creating that hole on your team to get him? Sorry, but looking at the whole picture makes me doubt that this is the best move for Boston.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

As a Bruins fan, I see no real reason why Seguin needs to move to center at all. I'm perfectly happy with him on the wing.

Krejci and Bergeron are a great 1-2 punch and Seguin will be a great winger. Why trade Krejci and deplete the strength at center when Seguin is performing so well on the wing? Doesn't make sense.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Any team interested in adding Iginla would likely be a contending team. A contending team isnt going to trade their #1 center for a rental.

An Iginla deal would happen at trade deadline assuming Flames are "DNQ". At that point I'd guess he'd go for a couple of 1sts & prospect.
Yeah exactly, I think ironically Iggy will (that's if he is traded at all) be traded in a deal that is close to identical to the one that brought him to the flames in the first place

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:41 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I think there are a couple of things that we can be pretty sure of and they are that if Calgary is actually going to trade Iginla at the deadline it is going to be to a Cup contender and that a Cup contender isn't going to trade their #1 center for a wing.

We know that last year Krejci and Iginla scored at nearly the same rate with Iginla getting a few more goals. We know Iginla is a leader and well respected player and has a lot of intangables. We Know Krejci plays the more important position and has proven that he can come up big at the biggest times.

I think it is far more likely that if Iginla is traded at the deadline he is going to get a couple of picks and a prospect or a couple of prospects and a pick with a player outside the core of the team thrown in with either of those.

If he is traded before the season or as soon as it starts the Flames stand a much better chance of getting a player that can be in the neighborhood of what Iginla is.

It depends what they want. I just think that most of the time that when players like Iginla get traded at the deadline they go for a combination of picks/prospects/3rd liners.
You are absolutely right, that why i asked the OP to precise the timing.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Krejci is 26, I wouldnt even call that "late 20s." Your point remains tho, I agree.
Isn't he turning 27 soon? Tought he already turned 27..

Anyway I consider 25+ late 25- early

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

I 'believe' he turns 27 in late April 2013

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Yeah something like that, I was definitely just nitpicking tho haha.

Techinically you can call 24 "early twenties" and 26 "late twenties," so who really knows

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Yeah something like that, I was definitely just nitpicking tho haha.

Techinically you can call 24 "early twenties" and 26 "late twenties," so who really knows
I think of 24-25-26-27 as the mid twenties

Old
10-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
Quote:
I think of 24-25-26-27 as the mid twenties
As I age the "mid 20s" keeps getting extended. Soon enough there will be no such thing as late twenties, we skip "late" right to 30

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:47 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post
As I age the "mid 20s" keeps getting extended. Soon enough there will be no such thing as late twenties, we skip "late" right to 30
Wait until you hit your mid 40's

Old
10-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Flames rebuilder

Calgary fan first, Boston second and this makes no sense for the Bruins. What would Iggy be worth to Boston, purely as a rental for a cup run, knowing he intended on resigning with the Flames?
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Seguin-Bergeron-Iginla
Marchand-Kelly-Peverley
Pretty stacked for the Bruins and Iggy gets a shot at the cup!
Knight??

Flames rebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I like Iginla and would like him on the Bruins, but not at the cost of Krejci. Prospects and picks would be the most I'd want to given up for him.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
Quote:
Wait until you hit your mid 40's
You mean my then defined late 30s?

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote