HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Toronto

Old
10-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

vCash: 500
1. That's a horrible deal for the Leafs

2. The Blackhawks aren't going to trade for Phil Kessel just to put him on the third line.

3. Did someone earlier in the thread suggest that Kessel is better than Hossa? sure.......

Kaner Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:22 AM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
We already have 2 80pt RWs and one played with a 4th line C for most of the year.
So Chicago would be the answer to your question.
There is never such a thing as too much depth. If Bowman was offered this deal, he takes it without thinking twice. Chicago would acquire a premier player at a low price who they can then either flip in a straight up swap or even consider trading a player like Hossa to fill another need.

Needless to say though, Burke would never trade Kessel for so little. Any deal that has Kessel going to Chicago has to have Toews or Kane coming back (which, conversely, would not interest the Blackhawks).

htpwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Oates2Neely

Hawks make this trade with the Leafs,, then ship Kane to Boston for Krejci & pick.

Sharp - Toews - Kessel
? - Krejci - Hossa

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:06 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Burkie passes quite easily on this one.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Hawks make this trade with the Leafs,, then ship Kane to Boston for Krejci & pick.

Sharp - Toews - Kessel
? - Krejci - Hossa
No they wouldn't, because we could get someone better than Krejci and a pick for Kane.

And we would rather have Kane, than Kessel.

Actually, I would rather have Leddy, TT and the 1st than Kessel.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:13 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
What awful trade for the Hawks, just ****ing horrible.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
No they wouldn't, because we could get someone better than Krejci and a pick for Kane.

And we would rather have Kane, than Kessel.

Actually, I would rather have Leddy, TT and the 1st than Kessel.
Please give us an example of who?

IIRC only 15 or 16 centers outscored Krejci last season. Which one could Chicago acquire for Kane?

Old
10-11-2012, 10:43 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
This is terrible for the leafs.....

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Please give us an example of who?

IIRC only 15 or 16 centers outscored Krejci last season. Which one could Chicago acquire for Kane?
None, because they aren't trading him.

But Getzlaf comes to mind, if there is an agreement in place for him to sign an extension.

Old
10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
BlueBaron

One can only assume the OP made this thread so other fans could bash Kessel and the Leafs in general. Obviously the value is too low and Hawks fans who say they would not take it are just plane silly. If you could steal an asset like Kessel for that low a price you would and either flip him for more or one of the players he compares to on your roster. Either way it would never happen. Why people even bother making Kessel trade threads is beyond me unless it is to discreetly troll Leaf fans.

We are not going to trade our best player unless it is for a center of comperable skill and even then it seems unlikely. We are in the busines of quanitity for quality to get a center or goalie, not the other way around.

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
None, because they aren't trading him.

But Getzlaf comes to mind, if there is an agreement in place for him to sign an extension.
Getzlaf? Not a great example. For one, as you mentioned, he's a UFA after this season. Not too mention Anaheim is loaded with wingers & short on centermen. As it stands now they are searching for a #2 center as they intend to use the aging Saku Koivu as their 3rd line center.

Im not saying Chicago should trade Kane, but IF they were looking to swap him for a center, I dont think there'd be many better options available than Krejci.

Old
10-11-2012, 01:51 PM
TK
Global Moderator

A needless trade. Hossa is a tier above Kessel, and I'd rather have Kane over Phil as well. He'd be on the third line.

We need a center, but what we're giving up for Kessel and Bozak is too much.

TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Getzlaf? Not a great example. For one, as you mentioned, he's a UFA after this season. Not too mention Anaheim is loaded with wingers & short on centermen. As it stands now they are searching for a #2 center as they intend to use the aging Saku Koivu as their 3rd line center.

Im not saying Chicago should trade Kane, but IF they were looking to swap him for a center, I dont think there'd be many better options available than Krejci.
It's a good example, because he is a UFA so Anaheim may not have a choice but to trade him, and they could still use a 2nd line RW behind Perry, if he even decides to stay. If Getzlaf agreed to sign with Chicago (much like Kessel did with Toronto) than it is a deal I would make. I'm sure other Hawk fans would pass, but I would do it. Getzlaf is better than Krejci, minus last year.

Boston would be adding a lot of there ever was a deal between Krejci and Kane. (not just a pick)

But it's all moot anyway, because there is no way in hell Chicago would choose to keep Kessel over Kane even if they did get Kessel.

Old
10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
It's a good example, because he is a UFA so Anaheim may not have a choice but to trade him, and they could still use a 2nd line RW behind Perry, if he even decides to stay. If Getzlaf agreed to sign with Chicago (much like Kessel did with Toronto) than it is a deal I would make. I'm sure other Hawk fans would pass, but I would do it. Getzlaf is better than Krejci, minus last year.
That is not the case. We would be looking for centers if Getzlaf was on the move. As it currently stands, our only need at wing is on the left.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That is not the case. We would be looking for centers if Getzlaf was on the move. As it currently stands, our only need at wing is on the left.
So you are telling me if Kane was offered for Getzlaf and it was by far the best offer they recieved, your GM would say no and take a lesser player just because he is a C?

Old
10-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
So you are telling me if Kane was offered for Getzlaf and it was by far the best offer they recieved, your GM would say no and take a lesser player just because he is a C?
I would if a third party couldn't get involved to swap Kane to, but that wasn't my point. My point was that RW isn't a need for Anaheim at the moment, nor does it appear to be in the future.

Old
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Sypher04

Calling Kane a RW at this point in somewhat disingenuous given how much Center he played last season.

Sypher04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher04 View Post
Calling Kane a RW at this point in somewhat disingenuous given how much Center he played last season.
Regardless, the main point of contention is that we wouldn't be acquiring someone because we lack for options behind Perry. Ryan for instance is a natural RW, and behind that we have DSP, Palmieri, Etem, Rakell, and Wagner as options.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Regardless, the main point of contention is that we wouldn't be acquiring someone because we lack for options behind Perry. Ryan for instance is a natural RW, and behind that we have DSP, Palmieri, Etem, Rakell, and Wagner as options.
Hmm...sounds eerily similar to Hawk fans suggesting they wouldnt necessarily need Kessel because they already have Hossa & Kane. But the same Hawks fan is suggesting Anaheim would take Kane for Getzlaf despite the fact that anaheim already has Perry & Ryan at RW,, & losing Getzlaf would leave Anaheim with Saku Koivu as their #1 center. Interseting turn of events & opinion..

Old
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Hmm...sounds eerily similar to Hawk fans suggesting they wouldnt necessarily need Kessel because they already have Hossa & Kane. But the same Hawks fan is suggesting Anaheim would take Kane for Getzlaf despite the fact that anaheim already has Perry & Ryan at RW,, & losing Getzlaf would leave Anaheim with Saku Koivu as their #1 center. Interseting turn of events & opinion..
Except in our case we also have Teemu in the short term.

Old
10-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Dylbot

Even if the Hawks don't need one of the best snipers in the game, they should absolutely make this deal and then trade him for assets they need that are actually worth a Kessel.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

First off, the best player in this preposterous proposal is Kessel. On that alone, quantity isnt gonna get possibly the best player on the Leafs, and the mere thought that TT is enough of a deal breaqker to go along with Leddy, when the Leafs had a chance to draft the guy before he fell like a brick in the draft to the Hawks is enough for me to think this is quite out landish and insulting to Leaf fans.

Why, in gods name would Burke trade away the player he traded a high draft pick in Seguin for for what appears to be nothing but scraps? Leddy is such a one dimensional player that his expiration date expires the second he loses his quickness. TT hasnt showed anything so far this year while playing in a mediocre mens league with the exception that he fell in the draft for a reason. Kruger is nothing but a fourth liner at best in the NHL, and the draft pick is a late first rounder while Kevin Hayes has done nothing to prove he wasnt a reach when picked.

How is that worth Kessel?

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:15 PM
KapG

Are ppl drunk when they make proposals? Seems like it most of the time.

This is an absolutely terrible offer.

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Roman Abramovich

I would hope Leafs take this deal and run. Phil Kesler and Bozak are not worth that package at all. That package > the package CLB received for Rick "Freeway" Nash. It is pretty well established that Rick Nash > Phil Kesler.

Roman Abramovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Inverted

How does this benefit the Leafs?

I will be honest and say I don't know much about the these Hawks prospects, but by looking at their stats they seem pretty unproven at this time.

Kessel is only 25 a proven 30+ goal scorer and has been for the past 4 seasons, came off a career year and will only get better as he enters his prime, had good chemistry with Lupul.

Besides Phil loves playing in Toronto and Burke paid a hefty price for Kessel (2 first rounders and a 2nd) I doubt he'll move him for unproven prospects

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote