HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Bieber fan vandalizes Rypien memorial wall

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Wisp

vCash: 500
More concerned peoples response to seeing her name was to HARASS, THREATEN, and BULLY a young teen for doing a dumb thing that young teens are prone to do.

That is FAR more disgraceful to Rypiens memory.

Old
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
More concerned peoples response to seeing her name was to HARASS, THREATEN, and BULLY a young teen for doing a dumb thing that young teens are prone to do.

That is FAR more disgraceful to Rypiens memory.
Agreed. It's the "Big Brother" is watching mentality that is disturbing.

Old
10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
****ing idiot

I wonder if Simran Mann is at all related to, or knows Brock Anton? Absolutely disgraceful action here, whether it was intentional or not. If it was then I'm disgusted in the person who did it, if it wasn't, then I'm disgusted in this person's inability to be aware of what's in front of their ****ing face.
Oh no, Pauser's disgusted!

Old
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Rypien was driven to suicide by things that happened to him as a kid. Do any of you clowns think crapping on a kid is the way to remember him? FFS!

Old
10-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Scott Hall
The Bad Guy

vCash: 950
To be fair... not all Bieber fans are hockey fans, let alone Canucks fans.

She probably saw a few messages for "Rick," "Rypper", "Ryp", "Rypien", "37" etc... and not knowing what it meant, decided to leave a message as well.

It's like the gum wall in Seattle (I don't know the full story), it could have meant something to someone, or some group of people, but now it's wall for all.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Rypien was driven to suicide by things that happened to him as a kid. Do any of you clowns think crapping on a kid is the way to remember him? FFS!
I agree with this but as far as the other part of your post we don't really know the exact cause of his depression but I thought it had to do with the fact that "During Rypien's second season with the Regina Pats, his girlfriend died in a car accident while en route to watch him play in Calgary" and nothing to do with bullying.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Terrible.

Some people my age are so aggravating and mentally numb. Liking JB is one thing, but vandalising a memorial? That's low.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Old
10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Yes, it is disturbing what this young person did. At the same time though, do you think this is an indication of a greater issue with society's children? Or, are our (adults) comments on the actions of today's youth the same as previous generations?
What I've seen in general from today's youth in society is actually quite scary. I don't mean to generalize anyone either as there are a lot of bright youthful people out there. I just feel sorry for the teens who are intelligent for the crap they have to put up with from their peers.

10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
A teenager did something stupid? Shocking. Try and think back to the stupid stuff you did as a kid before dumping on this girl.
I am glad it all happened before cam phones, twitter and the internet.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
What I've seen in general from today's youth in society is actually quite scary. I don't mean to generalize anyone either as there are a lot of bright youthful people out there. I just feel sorry for the teens who are intelligent for the crap they have to put up with from their peers.
Seems like someone went from 20 straight to 65. These young kids today!!! Shakes cane.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:24 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I'd bet the exact same people who are appalled by cyber bullying can't wait to share their useless thoughts about a young kid. This thread means I win the bet.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:31 PM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

It's a shame, but honestly guys, this girl had no idea she was "vandalizing" somebodies memorial. It's highly likely this girl had NO idea who Rypien was. Threatening her over it is ridiculous.

What they NEED to do is put up a plaque for Rypien where this memorial is. It would be as easy as a phone call or two for the Canucks to do. Even something small like the one up in Crowsnest would be perfect. They need something permanent there. Those chicken scratches won't do.

We need to make this happen.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Terrible.

Some people my age are so aggravating and mentally numb. Liking JB is one thing, but vandalising a memorial? That's low.
She probably didn't even know who Rick was. It's ignorance if anything. We shouldn't be fighting ignorance with hate and more ignorance. We should fight it with knowledge and understanding.

Shame on all the people giving her angry, out-of-line tweets. There is no place for that.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:37 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

It was a mistake by a little girl... She clearly had no ill-will toward Rypien. Mountain out of a mole hill.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:38 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
I'm not sure how old you are, but **** like this happened all the time when I was a teenager. It just got cleaned up the next day instead of turning into an instant internet sensation.

Jesus, I can't imagine the sensationalized world you live in. "Egads! The Safeway is out of milk. I can't believe the disgusting deterioration of behaviour I see from grocery clerks today! Well, I suppose they've left me no choice. Off to the internet to voice my displeasure!"

Old
10-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Dr Good Vibes

Quote:
Are you actually suggesting that today's youth is worse or more extreme? I don't believe it is.

We are exposed to more idiocy through the saturation of social media but to say there is an overall drop in the moral fibre or quality of teens is far fetched and impossible to prove.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:47 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

Quote:
"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

- Socrates (469-399 BCE)

Old
10-11-2012, 03:48 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gourmet View Post
"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

- Socrates (469-399 BCE)
I'm outraged!

Also, well placed.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gourmet View Post

- Socrates (469-399 BCE)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:04 PM
vadim sharifijanov

OMG MUST CyBERBULLy

Old
10-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

i think they are going to erase it pretty soon, so it doesn't concern me that much

Old
10-11-2012, 04:07 PM
pahlsson

wow people are acting like she took a giant **** on the wall, it was just a stupid teen too delirious from bieber fever to realize that it wasn't a "omg i was here on bieber night" wall

Old
10-11-2012, 04:14 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself.
How humble of you.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Can't say I've ever done anything as bad as defacing a memorial.... Can you?
It really depends how bad you think that is. I don't think what she did is a big deal, it's not something that someone aiming to deface a memorial does. I'm not going to compare it to someone writing a racial slur with spray paint, that's for sure.

Quote:
The only difference between now and then is how many more youth there are doing stupid things because of population growth and how many more things we are getting to see because of technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
I am glad it all happened before cam phones, twitter and the internet.
Amen.

Old
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I in the Eye

Morally and intellectually superior beings do not go at children like rats in a bucket... Who ever is attacking this girl online (if an adult) is a fish... and be weary of fish, who are trying to teach you how to fish

She wrote her name... That has to be the most telling part of what her intent was, and how sinister her plan was to vandalize... It's not the same thing as an adult rioter, covering his face, intently deciding to vandalize the city... How many rioters leave their business cards at the scene?

It was an idiotic mistake, IMHO... But for christ sake, she's a real young girl... and a Justin Bieber fan... Why shouldn't she be given the benefit of the doubt, by an adult? I'd expect teenagers to attack her online (calling her an idiot, etc. - being unable to separate the act from the person)... But an adult (someone who is supposed to be above intellectual adolesence?)... Even if an adult believes this girl is evil, I don't understand why an adult would contribute to attacking a child online? How does this adult make this child feel? It's the playground of children, IMHO, attacking children is best kept amongst children, and adults tell these children that it's wrong to attack each other in such a way... Adults should be at higher levels of the game... She should be given the benefit of the doubt, IMHO, because why not? What's the alternative? Make a child feel worthless? The job of adults should be, IMO, to make children feel worthfull... Even if she is evil, the only chance she has to get over her evil ways is to feel good about herself - not make her feel worse... This is bloody silly, IMO... and ironic that it happened on Rypien's memorial... Even if troubled (which I don't think she is) does anyone think Rypien himself would condone making her feel terrible / depressed - or, would he want her to try and improve? Even those adults who think she is evil must think that this is a sign of anger or trouble? The role of an adult isn't to put her further down this path (if the goal is for a productive society - leaving the future in their hands)... And yet, chances are, it was a terrible misunderstanding... I know nothing about this girl... She might be a real nice young girl... Regardless of if she is a real nice young girl, or a real **** disturber, she doesn't deserve this from adults (> 18)... IMO, < 18 should be given more slack... They're still trying to figure out their moral compass - and are less inclined to see how words can hurt, and less inclined to be able to put themselves in her shoes...

Last edited by I in the Eye: 10-11-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Closed Thread