HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2012, 05:02 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Part of the problem with the NHL series right now (and they state this right in their videos and in the commentary) is that they believe poke checking is one of the most integral parts of the game.

If you played the way the game is asking you to in real life, your coach would paste you to the bench. Poke checking is such a limited part of defence...sad they don't have enough hockey people around to get that.

Old
10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Part of the problem with the NHL series right now (and they state this right in their videos and in the commentary) is that they believe poke checking is one of the most integral parts of the game.

If you played the way the game is asking you to in real life, your coach would paste you to the bench. Poke checking is such a limited part of defence...sad they don't have enough hockey people around to get that.
agree..
Also, no one does a diving poke check in NHL either .. They should replace the poke check with a stick check and the diving check with a poke check.

Old
10-05-2012, 06:40 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.c...tch_na_en.html

e-sportsportsports.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:50 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post

They need to swap the probability of getting a penalty related to poke checking with the probability of getting a penalty related to stick lifting. Seems like 60-70% of the time a stick lift will result in a slashing penalty and about 30% of the time a poke will result in a tripping penalty.
If you swap those, people will stop relying on the poke so much and you really limit the unrealistic lifting the stick = slash () penalty

Old
10-10-2012, 04:10 PM
alanschu

Play XCOM. So challenging and so much fun!

Old
10-10-2012, 04:15 PM
EchoesoftheEighties
#Oilers2015

AC3, Halo 4, Pokemon Black/White 2. Within a month.

Why do gaming companies want me to fail school?

Old
10-10-2012, 05:11 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
if youre playing pokemon you deserve to fail school lol

Old
10-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Citizen Star will definitely be the greatest PC game in the past 30 years...

Old
10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
BowDangles

Microsoft points are one of the biggest rip offs of all time. Just bought Risk and have a ton of points left over.. It keeps me from buying new games because I know I am going to be left with extra points...

NHL 13 related, I still dont like how I can score easier with a wrist shot from the top of the circle than I can with a in tight cross crease pass...these goalies rob me every time when i pass post to post...

Also I found online that I win a lot of faceoffs straight back through my defence men and have to go back and get it, dont have this problem when playing the computer....strange

Old
10-11-2012, 03:20 AM
EchoesoftheEighties
#Oilers2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
if youre playing pokemon you deserve to fail school lol
One of the best RPG series of all time. Haters gon' hate. It remains fun.

Old
10-11-2012, 04:22 PM
alanschu

Seriously.... play XCOM!

Note: It's a challenging game. Can be very unforgiving, but jebus is it fun regardless of whether I am winning or losing!

Old
10-11-2012, 06:31 PM
AnotherOilersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
Seriously.... play XCOM!

Note: It's a challenging game. Can be very unforgiving, but jebus is it fun regardless of whether I am winning or losing!
Seconding this, especially the unforgiving part, but the game is very rewarding to thinking outside the box and being adaptable. It's like playing a modern game of chess.

I just lost two of my best assault troopers in one mission. Definitely making the next few tough as I work on two new guys

Old
10-11-2012, 07:13 PM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
Microsoft points are one of the biggest rip offs of all time. Just bought Risk and have a ton of points left over.. It keeps me from buying new games because I know I am going to be left with extra points...

NHL 13 related, I still dont like how I can score easier with a wrist shot from the top of the circle than I can with a in tight cross crease pass...these goalies rob me every time when i pass post to post...

Also I found online that I win a lot of faceoffs straight back through my defence men and have to go back and get it, dont have this problem when playing the computer....strange
Same here. The goalie's lateral movement across the net is as fast as a hard x-ice pass, which is completely unrealistic. They did make it harder to score with the wrist shot from top of circle this year compare to last yr which is a good thing.

EA really needs to slow down the goalie lateral movement, it ruining good puck movement and discouraging team work on offense.

Old
10-11-2012, 07:16 PM
T-Funk

Simmed a couple seasons as the Oilers in Be a GM mode on nhl13 last night.
Some interesting stats: Jordan Eberle was something like +50, Nail Yakupov developed from 62 or whatever he is to 83 in one season on the fourth line, then the next was tied with ebs for total points with about 50 of them being assists. But the most hilarious part is that Taylor Hall both seasons with no injuries whatsoever got 20 and 24 points playing on the top lines with these guys lol

Old
10-11-2012, 11:30 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
I can't believe m5 and CLG.eu are both out

Old
10-12-2012, 12:11 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I can't believe m5 and CLG.eu are both out
M5 maybe, but someone was going to figure CLG.eu out eventually. Especially after everyone had to watch them play for like 12 hours. They snuck in one game of Jayce gimmicks to switch things up but then they had to go back to normal once he got banned out.

Pretty funny that AF loses $30k of whatever they end up winning though.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:16 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

Anybody play Dishonoured?

Old
10-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Matty31

Send a message via MSN to Matty31
For NHL13 did anyone do any good deals with the Oilers?
I traded Dubnyk and Sutton for Kippersoff.
Peckham for Vishnovsky.

Mind you I want to win now and there is no cap.

Old
10-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty31 View Post
For NHL13 did anyone do any good deals with the Oilers?
I traded Dubnyk and Sutton for Kippersoff.
Peckham for Vishnovsky.

Mind you I want to win now and there is no cap.
If you going for fully 100% unrealistic why not just do a fantasy draft or something.

When I play GM mode I try and be realistic which is tough when Colorado offers you Duchene and a pick for Gilbert. But its almost like a real life sim, i can see in a few years who developed and what not, work on drafting, re-signing players, my farm team etc.

If im going for crazy unreal trades with no salary cap why not play as an all star team or edit the roster so when you load the Oilers in GM mode they have a bunch of good players. Truly make it a unique experience.

It doesnt feel weird seeing Vish feeding passes to Yakupov or Kipper in net?

Old
10-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Matty31

Send a message via MSN to Matty31
The AI usually makes it hard to pull off trades that are lopsided. Just wanted to upgrade the team for this season but down the line the team won't be as good. But hopefully by then some stars will be better. Peckham for Vish? I think in real life the Islanders would do cause of the salaries and potential of Peckham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
If you going for fully 100% unrealistic why not just do a fantasy draft or something.

When I play GM mode I try and be realistic which is tough when Colorado offers you Duchene and a pick for Gilbert. But its almost like a real life sim, i can see in a few years who developed and what not, work on drafting, re-signing players, my farm team etc.

If im going for crazy unreal trades with no salary cap why not play as an all star team or edit the roster so when you load the Oilers in GM mode they have a bunch of good players. Truly make it a unique experience.

It doesnt feel weird seeing Vish feeding passes to Yakupov or Kipper in net?

Old
10-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

I'm currently being heavily trolled by Dark Souls. Talk about unforgiving. And difficult. And addictive. Not a game for those without a lot of patience.

Oh the humanity! (or lack there of in my case )

Old
10-13-2012, 02:44 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
M5 maybe, but someone was going to figure CLG.eu out eventually. Especially after everyone had to watch them play for like 12 hours. They snuck in one game of Jayce gimmicks to switch things up but then they had to go back to normal once he got banned out.

Pretty funny that AF loses $30k of whatever they end up winning though.
Sure AF cheated but in all honesty they have been the best team in the tournament regardless. Im just not going to pay any attention to the finals. Maybe I'll watch the highlights tomorrow.

Old
10-13-2012, 04:16 AM
NFINITEone

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Anybody play Dishonoured?
I have played, and am currently playing Dishonored now. On my second playthrough. This game demands to be played multiple times. Great gameplay. Great art style. Great Setting. Has a Bioshock meets Half-Life 2 meets Deus Ex:HR feel to it. I love the freedom and the amount of different ways I have to get to and kill(or not kill) my targets. First playthrough I killed everything in sight, and now I'm trying to finish it without killing a single person... Much tougher this way. Great fun though. Definitely recommend.

Old
10-13-2012, 04:20 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I'm currently being heavily trolled by Dark Souls. Talk about unforgiving. And difficult. And addictive. Not a game for those without a lot of patience.

Humanity is the easiest farm in the game.

Just put on the Covetous Gold Ring and repeatedly kill rats in the sewers.

Old
10-13-2012, 05:14 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post

I'll end up playing this again too with the DLC coming out this month.

Overall I thought it was actually more forgiving than Demon's Souls though, just because of how the PVP was implemented.

Closed Thread