HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

HC Lev Prague 2012/13 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Sounds like nonsense. Nothing like this was required for Riga or Lev last year.
Nope, it's not nonsense, it's true. When we tried to carry a play-off banner to games vs Torpedo last season, we had to get a green light from security directors of Dinamo and Torpedo. And the banner was pretty much harmless ("Динамо, дави на ГАЗ!" or "Dinamo, step on the GAS" which is a play of words, because ГАЗ is also the main sponsor of Torpedo).

Old
09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
hmmm

this team is playing realy well ...

and Tomas Popperle 4GP 95,2% and 2 SO

9 pts from 4 matches - unbelievable but awesome
The team is playing branded czech hockey. Tight defense. I like it. Nice to have that in the league. Regarding the points, let's look at it by the end of october after they played the real league heavyweights.

Old
09-20-2012, 03:12 PM
zorz

looks like Lev's managment totally overrated KHL while creating the team. they are just too good for that league

Old
09-20-2012, 03:18 PM
zorz

the best attendance so far today - 9033

Old
09-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Martinson

Send a message via ICQ to Martinson
So the 3 matches in O2 arena will be SKA (Kovalchuk), Dynamo (Ovechkin) and CSKA (Datsyuk). Perfect.

Old
09-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Latgale_fan

delete

Old
09-21-2012, 04:25 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
looks like Lev's managment totally overrated KHL while creating the team. they are just too good for that league
though they have played and won vs Riga, Donbass, Vityaz, Severstal, Dinamo Minsk and now Omsk in terrible shape, lost to Spartak... not exactly teams that i would call the top dogs.
Like Neftekhimik they have just had a good few games and nice calendar in September... lets look at them after they have been for some away games in Russia East

Old
09-21-2012, 05:10 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
though they have played and won vs Riga, Donbass, Vityaz, Severstal, Dinamo Minsk and now Omsk in terrible shape, lost to Spartak... not exactly teams that i would call the top dogs.
Like Neftekhimik they have just had a good few games and nice calendar in September... lets look at them after they have been for some away games in Russia East
sure, I was just kidding. but anyways it's very good start and something they really needed as a new club to draw attention.

Old
10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Hey guys!
Can someone please tell me how to buy tickets for the game against CSKA. Ticketportal and Sazkaticket don't work for me, since I'd have to go to Czech Republic (not possible until October, 25th ). I also tried mailing Lev Praha, but no reply.
Perhaps someone has an idea...
Thanks!

Old
10-05-2012, 01:12 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Hey guys!
Can someone please tell me how to buy tickets for the game against CSKA. Ticketportal and Sazkaticket don't work for me, since I'd have to go to Czech Republic (not possible until October, 25th ). I also tried mailing Lev Praha, but no reply.
Perhaps someone has an idea...
Thanks!
Hi, try to post your question here: http://www.levpraha.cz/otazky.asp?kat=redakce. They are answering questions like that in Russian too, so I guess they'll answer in English as well. They answer there in 1-2 days.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:28 AM
zorz

I'm still hearing those rumours that Lev will be dissolved (again) in a year or two and replaced by Sparta in the KHL (something similar to Slovan). I hope it's not the truth, because if it is, I'd be most likely done with KHL. Not only that would make this league look like a joke (again), but an open destruction of Extraliga is something I definitely won't assist. I don't mind Lev playing in Prague as a new club, but established, traditional clubs leaving for KHL, that's a bit different story.

Old
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I'm still hearing those rumours that Lev will be dissolved (again) in a year or two and replaced by Sparta in the KHL (something similar to Slovan). I hope it's not the truth, because if it is, I'd be most likely done with KHL. Not only that would make this league look like a joke (again), but an open destruction of Extraliga is something I definitely won't assist. I don't mind Lev playing in Prague as a new club, but established, traditional clubs leaving for KHL, that's a bit different story.
sounds like just stupid rumours.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:17 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
sounds like just stupid rumours.
I hope so, but you never know what to think after the experience of the past 2 years with KHL in CZE/SVK.

Old
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
kajoo

Quote:
I dont see it happening, just theoretically : what if Sparta ends up relegated after this season ?

Old
10-09-2012, 03:29 AM
alko

Quote:
Hm. The owners of Lev are included also in owners group of Sparta Praha. And from hockey sources im still hearing, its almost done.
I think, it will happen. They have a very good example in Slovan Bratislava. Sure, at this time will everybody speak agains it.... But look, what did they with Lev. And how fast it was.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:28 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Hm. The owners of Lev are included also in owners group of Sparta Praha. And from hockey sources im still hearing, its almost done.
I think, it will happen. They have a very good example in Slovan Bratislava. Sure, at this time will everybody speak agains it.... But look, what did they with Lev. And how fast it was.
Wont happen.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
zorz

Quote:
I think it's nonsense from everybody's point of view including the owner - they have established club in Extraliga and new club in KHL, which is having a good start, why would they want to lose one of these two things? Some people think otherwise and say it will happen. I hope it won't.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:25 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
I dont see it happening, just theoretically : what if Sparta ends up relegated after this season ?

IMO there is no way they let Sparta relegate. Even if it stayed in this position for the whole season, they'd rather loan half of Extraliga "stars" for the play-out than let Sparta relegate.

Old
10-09-2012, 12:14 PM
kajoo

thats why I think it´s never gonna happen. But hypothetically ("had my auntie dick she would be my uncle" type of speculation), if Sparta lands into 1st Division and Lev comes with an offer (merger, passing their KHL licence to them etc) I could imagine Sparta getting lured by possibility of playing KHL instead of 1st.div hockey.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:45 AM
alko

Quote:
I think it's nonsense from everybody's point of view including the owner - they have established club in Extraliga and new club in KHL, which is having a good start, why would they want to lose one of these two things? Some people think otherwise and say it will happen. I hope it won't.
maybe MONEY will be the reason. I don't know, how is the financial situation in both clubs, but you must have a really deep pocket to feed 2 top teams...

Old
10-11-2012, 06:29 AM
alko

next step to Sparta - Lev merge - Normund Sejejs (GM of Lev Praha) is now also the general manager of Sparta Praha.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:19 AM
kajoo

LEV+SPARTA merger is already reality imo, but so far everyone declares they want to be involved in both competitions, Sparta in Extraliga and Lev in KHL.

Establishment of "Sportovní Holding Praha a.s." went under the radar here, this is old article from official Sparta www, June 2012

http://www.hcsparta.cz/clanek.asp?id...ing-Praha-6992

Shareholders' HC Lev, Inc. and HC Sparta, Inc. agreed to create a new society "Sportovní Holding Praha a.s." / Sports Praha Holding, Inc./ which will cover, manage and develop all activities of HC Sparta in Czech Extraliga and HC Lev in the KHL.

Both members (Lev and Sparta) of "Sportovní holding Praha, a.s." will exchange representatives in their governing bodies (which is in fact a merger) while executive management of both clubs remain unchanged.

then it continues (a lot of vague bs included) ...

The main objective of the new strategy is consistent synergy of both clubs (term "Synergy" alone is used mostly in the context of mergers and acquisitions), production of youth hockey talent for Czech hockey (LEV has no youth development programme, only Sparta have), to be attractive to its existing business partners and fans to expand fanbase (how ? they are imo competing for both sponsors and fans), play a decent role in the Czech Extraliga hockey, successfully representing the Czech ice hockey in the KHL (this one is clear - they plan to play in both competitions). In addition, the company plans to develop other sports at the top level, so too will be devoted to the development and marketing of youth in sport (last sentence is releasing fog imo - what other sports they talk about ?)

Too many ifs there - if they want to play in two competitions, whats the point of this merger ?

Last edited by kajoo: 10-11-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old
10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
ult

Quote:
next step to Sparta - Lev merge - Normund Sejejs (GM of Lev Praha) is now also the general manager of Sparta Praha.
Ok. Bye zorz, will miss ya on KHL forums.

Old
10-11-2012, 05:32 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
(last sentence is releasing fog imo - what other sports they talk about ?)[/COLOR]
ČEZ Basketball Nymburk

Old
10-12-2012, 01:27 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Ok. Bye zorz, will miss ya on KHL forums.
I hope you're not being sarcastic. But I'll wait until it's official. IMO if they wanted Sparta in KHL, it would be more logical to let them where they are now (on the bottom of the table), more than saying they want Sparta strong where it is.

Closed Thread