HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2012, 07:12 AM
  #251
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
ASU won't do anything special this Football season as Oregon will have a field day with them.
A field day? Interesting. I guess that begs the question; what do you call the 49-0 drubbing the kitties suffered against Oregon? #forkem By the way, Arizona is 1 win ahead of Washington State for worst team in the Pac 12.

"but... style points!"

They don't count.

XX is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 08:04 AM
  #252
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
A field day? Interesting. I guess that begs the question; what do you call the 49-0 drubbing the kitties suffered against Oregon? #forkem By the way, Arizona is 1 win ahead of Washington State for worst team in the Pac 12.

"but... style points!"

They don't count.
Damn, go easy on the poor guy lol. I do see ASU to be 3-0 in Conference after Thursday, should be able to beat Colorado. I am glad that ASU has Oregon at home, the crowd should help.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 08:48 AM
  #253
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 1329
Well ASU has not beating a FBS team with a winning record. Until that happens, they wont be ranked or taken seriously. In this crazy PAC, they have a good shot to prove themselves versus Oregon.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
  #254
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Well ASU has not beating a FBS team with a winning record. Until that happens, they wont be ranked or taken seriously. In this crazy PAC, they have a good shot to prove themselves versus Oregon.
True, but they should have had the Missouri game. Missouri was throwing ASU bones left and right to win the game, and they didn't capitalize.

Kind of cool that ASU has 2 straight Thursday games. I'm loving this deal with ESPN, plenty of more games available to watch in the PAC 12.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:44 PM
  #255
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams out for season with a left shoulder injury.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...nclick_check=1

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 07:16 PM
  #256
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams out for season with a left shoulder injury.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...nclick_check=1

XX is online now  
Old
10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
  #257
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Welcome back!!!!

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 07:28 PM
  #258
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,513
vCash: 500
I still enjoy watching the Cards and the Backs every now and then, but I find it impossible to actually care about the result. I prefer if they do well and I wish them well, but I really don't care in the least if they get the crap kicked out of them. Same goes for the Suns and Devils. I also don't actually have any fighters I care about at all anymore, either. I'm officially only a Coyotes fan. I never thought that would happen, but it has. The only reason I kept the D-Backs plate on my car is because the regular AZ plate is so ugly. Haha.

rt is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
  #259
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I still enjoy watching the Cards and the Backs every now and then, but I find it impossible to actually care about the result. I prefer if they do well and I wish them well, but I really don't care in the least if they get the crap kicked out of them. Same goes for the Suns and Devils. I also don't actually have any fighters I care about at all anymore, either. I'm officially only a Coyotes fan. I never thought that would happen, but it has. The only reason I kept the D-Backs plate on my car is because the regular AZ plate is so ugly. Haha.
The only good thing I can say about the Cardinals is at least they are not this years Jets. What a joke they have turned into.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 07:40 PM
  #260
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Well ASU has not beating a FBS team with a winning record. Until that happens, they wont be ranked or taken seriously. In this crazy PAC, they have a good shot to prove themselves versus Oregon.
If they stomp Colorado, they will creep into the top 25. They already have 39 votes. Now, the Oregon thing could go either way. On one hand, Oregon will be rested because they have a bye this weekend. The other side is that ASU will be in the trenches, doing their thing and @Oregon will be a continuation of that. It's a sold out game with the blackout, so if Oregon thinks its going to be easy they are going to get bitten. It's also the first chance at a signature win for the new coaching staff, so I imagine this years team will be amped up and ready. No more Dennis Erickson flatness. Washington State, of all teams, played the Ducks tough. It was 23-19 going into the half.

ASU controls their own destiny at this point. That's great considering this is a brand new staff with a fairly depleted roster.

XX is online now  
Old
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
  #261
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,314
vCash: 500
ASU against Colorado tonight. I'm not expecting much of a challenge, and really expect ASU to come out playing a lights out game with having last weekend off.

Just glad I finally get to watch some more Arizona sports! These baseball playoffs have been great, but I'll be channel flipping to see the Sun Devils in action.

By the way, do any of you ever attend ASU games? Next week is huge against Oregon, would be such a great atmosphere to attend.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
  #262
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
By the way, do any of you ever attend ASU games? Next week is huge against Oregon, would be such a great atmosphere to attend.
When the team is doing well and it's a big opponent, it's a great atmosphere. But real football schools don't need those two caveats to sellout. I've heard the Oregon game is at or near capacity, and they will be doing the blackout again. It's Oregon's first road test of the year.

Last time they did it, it worked. The best atmosphere I've seen in Tempe in a long time:


XX is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
  #263
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
When the team is doing well and it's a big opponent, it's a great atmosphere. But real football schools don't need those two caveats to sellout. I've heard the Oregon game is at or near capacity, and they will be doing the blackout again. It's Oregon's first road test of the year.

Last time they did it, it worked. The best atmosphere I've seen in Tempe in a long time:
I will never forget that night. I had row 5 seats behind the dugout at the Dbacks game, and the lights went out, so my buddy and I, we had access to the underground bar were downstairs watching the ASU game.

I don't expect ASU to be selling out every game, a few years of good football might change things, but ASU has been a disappointment for some time now. If I went to ASU, I would be all over tickets to the games and such though. I don't know if students have to pay down here, but at NAU we got in for free, but I never wanted to go to games lol.

Just living down in the valley, I kind of want to make a trip down and hopefully witness something amazing if ASU can pull off the upset.

They didn't play well against Colorado though, that scares me.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 08:19 PM
  #264
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post

I don't expect ASU to be selling out every game, a few years of good football might change things, but ASU has been a disappointment for some time now. If I went to ASU, I would be all over tickets to the games and such though. I don't know if students have to pay down here, but at NAU we got in for free, but I never wanted to go to games lol.
Students pay, but an inferno pass gets you into pretty much every other sport too and it's like $200 or so last I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
They didn't play well against Colorado though, that scares me.
Huh? It was a road game, they came out flat in the 1st half. A few fumbles later, Colorado is hanging tight. Then they blow the doors off of them 31-0 in the second half, a lot of that with the 2nd team offense.

XX is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 12:07 AM
  #265
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
Arizona Wildcats have the week off and will face Washington on the 20th.

Rich Rod Sucks.

In other news, Tucson will lose the Tucson Padres to El Paso. What a shame that a decent size city can't even hold on to certain teams. This is the same city that lost all 3 teams that come to town for spring training. I know that certain Wildcat teams are huge in Tucson but still.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 12:25 AM
  #266
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 1329
There is a reason why a 3-3 team is only a few points behind the team in Tempe in AP's "others receiving votes" category.

With the North Endzone project in full swing and oh yeah, with their national championship baseball team, things are bright in Tucson.

Oh yeah they also have a national championship competing basketball team...and some kid from Nevada is on the horizon to run Rich Rod's system for years to come with a top 25 2013 class


Last edited by Naurutger: 10-13-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Naurutger is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 02:24 PM
  #267
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Huh? It was a road game, they came out flat in the 1st half. A few fumbles later, Colorado is hanging tight. Then they blow the doors off of them 31-0 in the second half, a lot of that with the 2nd team offense.
That's what I meant, they didn't look good in the 1st half. They can't do that against Oregon. They have to be there for a full 60 minutes.

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 07:32 PM
  #268
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 1329
Missed the game but the Jacks beat the #1FCS team today!

EDIT: oops, not the top rated team...good thing my friends dont follow this stuff or else they would think I am dumb


Last edited by Naurutger: 10-14-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Naurutger is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 09:21 PM
  #269
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,314
vCash: 500
Just ordered my tickets to the ASU/Oregon game next week. Row 4. So stoked. LET'S DO IT SUN DEVILS!!!!!

awfulwaffle is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 01:48 PM
  #270
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Accoring ot the latest rankings: ASU is not ranked in the top 25 AP poll but they are ranked #24th in the USA today poll.

Oregon is the next big test for them.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 03:56 PM
  #271
doaner
Registered User
 
doaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Flag
Country: United States
Posts: 3,687
vCash: 500
I wonder if Kurt would consider coming back from retirement. Hmm

doaner is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 04:02 PM
  #272
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I wonder if Kurt would consider coming back from retirement. Hmm
It really doesn't matter what QB the Cards are using with that pass protection.

rt is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 04:10 PM
  #273
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 500
Massie and Batiste are #1 and #2 in sacks. Jeez...

Blubba Jenkins is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 04:14 PM
  #274
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It really doesn't matter what QB the Cards are using with that pass protection.
And it was our lack of pass protection that played a role into Warner retiring.

At the end of the day, almost our entire offense is in a dire need of a makeover.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 04:15 PM
  #275
Colt45Blast
is in your head
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: everytime
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,208
vCash: 500
10-9 Arizona in the 2nd qtr

Colt45Blast is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.