HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2012, 07:12 AM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
ASU won't do anything special this Football season as Oregon will have a field day with them.
A field day? Interesting. I guess that begs the question; what do you call the 49-0 drubbing the kitties suffered against Oregon? #forkem By the way, Arizona is 1 win ahead of Washington State for worst team in the Pac 12.

"but... style points!"

They don't count.

Old
10-08-2012, 08:04 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
A field day? Interesting. I guess that begs the question; what do you call the 49-0 drubbing the kitties suffered against Oregon? #forkem By the way, Arizona is 1 win ahead of Washington State for worst team in the Pac 12.

"but... style points!"

They don't count.
Damn, go easy on the poor guy lol. I do see ASU to be 3-0 in Conference after Thursday, should be able to beat Colorado. I am glad that ASU has Oregon at home, the crowd should help.

Old
10-08-2012, 08:48 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Well ASU has not beating a FBS team with a winning record. Until that happens, they wont be ranked or taken seriously. In this crazy PAC, they have a good shot to prove themselves versus Oregon.

Old
10-08-2012, 11:28 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Well ASU has not beating a FBS team with a winning record. Until that happens, they wont be ranked or taken seriously. In this crazy PAC, they have a good shot to prove themselves versus Oregon.
True, but they should have had the Missouri game. Missouri was throwing ASU bones left and right to win the game, and they didn't capitalize.

Kind of cool that ASU has 2 straight Thursday games. I'm loving this deal with ESPN, plenty of more games available to watch in the PAC 12.

Old
10-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams out for season with a left shoulder injury.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...nclick_check=1

Old
10-08-2012, 07:16 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams out for season with a left shoulder injury.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...nclick_check=1

Old
10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Welcome back!!!!

Old
10-08-2012, 07:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I still enjoy watching the Cards and the Backs every now and then, but I find it impossible to actually care about the result. I prefer if they do well and I wish them well, but I really don't care in the least if they get the crap kicked out of them. Same goes for the Suns and Devils. I also don't actually have any fighters I care about at all anymore, either. I'm officially only a Coyotes fan. I never thought that would happen, but it has. The only reason I kept the D-Backs plate on my car is because the regular AZ plate is so ugly. Haha.

Old
10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I still enjoy watching the Cards and the Backs every now and then, but I find it impossible to actually care about the result. I prefer if they do well and I wish them well, but I really don't care in the least if they get the crap kicked out of them. Same goes for the Suns and Devils. I also don't actually have any fighters I care about at all anymore, either. I'm officially only a Coyotes fan. I never thought that would happen, but it has. The only reason I kept the D-Backs plate on my car is because the regular AZ plate is so ugly. Haha.
The only good thing I can say about the Cardinals is at least they are not this years Jets. What a joke they have turned into.

Old
10-08-2012, 07:40 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
If they stomp Colorado, they will creep into the top 25. They already have 39 votes. Now, the Oregon thing could go either way. On one hand, Oregon will be rested because they have a bye this weekend. The other side is that ASU will be in the trenches, doing their thing and @Oregon will be a continuation of that. It's a sold out game with the blackout, so if Oregon thinks its going to be easy they are going to get bitten. It's also the first chance at a signature win for the new coaching staff, so I imagine this years team will be amped up and ready. No more Dennis Erickson flatness. Washington State, of all teams, played the Ducks tough. It was 23-19 going into the half.

ASU controls their own destiny at this point. That's great considering this is a brand new staff with a fairly depleted roster.

Old
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
awfulwaffle

ASU against Colorado tonight. I'm not expecting much of a challenge, and really expect ASU to come out playing a lights out game with having last weekend off.

Just glad I finally get to watch some more Arizona sports! These baseball playoffs have been great, but I'll be channel flipping to see the Sun Devils in action.

By the way, do any of you ever attend ASU games? Next week is huge against Oregon, would be such a great atmosphere to attend.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
By the way, do any of you ever attend ASU games? Next week is huge against Oregon, would be such a great atmosphere to attend.
When the team is doing well and it's a big opponent, it's a great atmosphere. But real football schools don't need those two caveats to sellout. I've heard the Oregon game is at or near capacity, and they will be doing the blackout again. It's Oregon's first road test of the year.

Last time they did it, it worked. The best atmosphere I've seen in Tempe in a long time:

Old
10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
When the team is doing well and it's a big opponent, it's a great atmosphere. But real football schools don't need those two caveats to sellout. I've heard the Oregon game is at or near capacity, and they will be doing the blackout again. It's Oregon's first road test of the year.

Last time they did it, it worked. The best atmosphere I've seen in Tempe in a long time:
I will never forget that night. I had row 5 seats behind the dugout at the Dbacks game, and the lights went out, so my buddy and I, we had access to the underground bar were downstairs watching the ASU game.

I don't expect ASU to be selling out every game, a few years of good football might change things, but ASU has been a disappointment for some time now. If I went to ASU, I would be all over tickets to the games and such though. I don't know if students have to pay down here, but at NAU we got in for free, but I never wanted to go to games lol.

Just living down in the valley, I kind of want to make a trip down and hopefully witness something amazing if ASU can pull off the upset.

They didn't play well against Colorado though, that scares me.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:19 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:

I don't expect ASU to be selling out every game, a few years of good football might change things, but ASU has been a disappointment for some time now. If I went to ASU, I would be all over tickets to the games and such though. I don't know if students have to pay down here, but at NAU we got in for free, but I never wanted to go to games lol.
Students pay, but an inferno pass gets you into pretty much every other sport too and it's like $200 or so last I checked.

Quote:
They didn't play well against Colorado though, that scares me.
Huh? It was a road game, they came out flat in the 1st half. A few fumbles later, Colorado is hanging tight. Then they blow the doors off of them 31-0 in the second half, a lot of that with the 2nd team offense.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Arizona Wildcats have the week off and will face Washington on the 20th.

Rich Rod Sucks.

In other news, Tucson will lose the Tucson Padres to El Paso. What a shame that a decent size city can't even hold on to certain teams. This is the same city that lost all 3 teams that come to town for spring training. I know that certain Wildcat teams are huge in Tucson but still.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

There is a reason why a 3-3 team is only a few points behind the team in Tempe in AP's "others receiving votes" category.

With the North Endzone project in full swing and oh yeah, with their national championship baseball team, things are bright in Tucson.

Oh yeah they also have a national championship competing basketball team...and some kid from Nevada is on the horizon to run Rich Rod's system for years to come with a top 25 2013 class

Last edited by Naurutger: 10-13-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old
10-13-2012, 02:24 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Huh? It was a road game, they came out flat in the 1st half. A few fumbles later, Colorado is hanging tight. Then they blow the doors off of them 31-0 in the second half, a lot of that with the 2nd team offense.
That's what I meant, they didn't look good in the 1st half. They can't do that against Oregon. They have to be there for a full 60 minutes.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Missed the game but the Jacks beat the #1FCS team today!

EDIT: oops, not the top rated team...good thing my friends dont follow this stuff or else they would think I am dumb

Last edited by Naurutger: 10-14-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old
10-13-2012, 09:21 PM
awfulwaffle

Just ordered my tickets to the ASU/Oregon game next week. Row 4. So stoked. LET'S DO IT SUN DEVILS!!!!!

Old
10-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Accoring ot the latest rankings: ASU is not ranked in the top 25 AP poll but they are ranked #24th in the USA today poll.

Oregon is the next big test for them.

Old
10-14-2012, 03:56 PM
doaner

I wonder if Kurt would consider coming back from retirement. Hmm

Old
10-14-2012, 04:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I wonder if Kurt would consider coming back from retirement. Hmm
It really doesn't matter what QB the Cards are using with that pass protection.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Massie and Batiste are #1 and #2 in sacks. Jeez...

Old
10-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It really doesn't matter what QB the Cards are using with that pass protection.
And it was our lack of pass protection that played a role into Warner retiring.

At the end of the day, almost our entire offense is in a dire need of a makeover.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

10-9 Arizona in the 2nd qtr

Closed Thread