HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2012, 05:54 PM
  #776
Sweeney
Registered User
 
Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rimouski
Country: Canada
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Nygren had a nice shot on this PP goal:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/spo...cle15595696.ab

First goal of the game

Sweeney is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
  #777
ikelechien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Braeshore
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Brady Vail having a good game against the Soo - Windsor up 2-1. One assist on the PP. Good 5 on 5., PP and PK - nothing spectacular - just good all around - works well with his linemates - a good pick, 3rd line potential in the future, for sure.

Speaking of Windsor, try to catch a glimpse of Josh Ho Sang in the future - lacks strength but is a magician with the puck - probably the best player in the CHL without a goal this season (but they will come).

ikelechien is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 06:56 PM
  #778
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
I've always thought (and I still do ) that Nygren doesn't have what it takes to ever make the NHL, but maybe it's to early to completely write him off.

In the games I've seen so far, he has made progress defensively, but he is still very raw.

A few stats:
1st in the league in Power Play Goals (3 goals)
1st in Goals by defensemen (4 goals)
4th in Points by defensemen (6 points)
4th in Shots by defensemen
8th in the league in goals

However, his offensive game has never been the questionmark, so maybe these stats are even more important:

Magnus Nygren 2011-2012:
14:47 min/game
-10 (worst in his team)

Magnus Nygren 2012-2013:
21:22 min/game
+/-0

strutsboa is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 07:01 PM
  #779
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelechien View Post
Brady Vail having a good game against the Soo - Windsor up 2-1. One assist on the PP. Good 5 on 5., PP and PK - nothing spectacular - just good all around - works well with his linemates - a good pick, 3rd line potential in the future, for sure.

Speaking of Windsor, try to catch a glimpse of Josh Ho Sang in the future - lacks strength but is a magician with the puck - probably the best player in the CHL without a goal this season (but they will come).
you got this right!

EveryDay is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 07:18 PM
  #780
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 500
Brady Vail just score!

now 12 points in 9 games! the next teammates has only 6 points.

EveryDay is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 07:22 PM
  #781
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,956
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelechien View Post
Speaking of Windsor, try to catch a glimpse of Josh Ho Sang in the future - lacks strength but is a magician with the puck - probably the best player in the CHL without a goal this season (but they will come).
He scored tonight.

Vail now 3rd in the OHL points race as of now.

Also, Michigan season opener tonight - Bennett has a goal.


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 10-11-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 07:27 PM
  #782
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He scored tonight.

Vail now 3rd in the OHL points race as of now.

Also, Michigan season opener tonight - Bennett has a gaol.
It's very early...

But I still say we had one hell of a draft this year. The kind that coupled with some earlier successes will catapult us to contender status in the next 5 years.

JGRB is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 08:11 PM
  #783
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
I've always thought (and I still do ) that Nygren doesn't have what it takes to ever make the NHL, but maybe it's to early to completely write him off.

In the games I've seen so far, he has made progress defensively, but he is still very raw.

A few stats:
1st in the league in Power Play Goals (3 goals)
1st in Goals by defensemen (4 goals)
4th in Points by defensemen (6 points)
4th in Shots by defensemen
8th in the league in goals

However, his offensive game has never been the questionmark, so maybe these stats are even more important:

Magnus Nygren 2011-2012:
14:47 min/game
-10 (worst in his team)

Magnus Nygren 2012-2013:
21:22 min/game
+/-0
That's a pretty good improvement in only a few games.

Guy could definitely be our main PP specialist!

With all of our new Swede prospects, which one is your favourite ? Must be Nygren

Vail has been impressive

Analyzer is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 08:22 PM
  #784
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
That's a pretty good improvement in only a few games.

Guy could definitely be our main PP specialist!

With all of our new Swede prospects, which one is your favourite ? Must be Nygren

Vail has been impressive
Honestly, PP specialist is his only chance of making the NHL. Nothing else in his game will take him to the NHL - it's all about Power play.

Obviously Collberg, he is the first Swedish prospect that I've been exited about since becoming a Habs fan in '07. The other swedes hasn't really been anything to write home about.

strutsboa is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 08:33 PM
  #785
ikelechien
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Braeshore
Country: Canada
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He scored tonight.

Vail now 3rd in the OHL points race as of now.

Also, Michigan season opener tonight - Bennett has a goal.
Vail ended the night with a goal and an assist, +3 and yes, 3rd in the OHL scoring race.

Windsor is a team that will get significantly better as the season progresses, Vail a big part of the ride.

ikelechien is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 08:54 PM
  #786
Sweeney
Registered User
 
Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rimouski
Country: Canada
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Going in OT possibly in Michigan... 4-4 the score. Good night for Habs Prospect.
Tomorrow Galchenyuk, Dietz, Thrower, Bozon, Hudon and Archambault all playing, only Vail take a break.

Sweeney is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 09:05 PM
  #787
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Hopefully Vail can keep it up and get traded to a Memorial Cup favourite.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
  #788
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Hopefully Vail can keep it up and get traded to a Memorial Cup favourite.
He's a 18 years old so I doubt he'll get traded.

VanNistelrooy is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
  #789
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,956
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
Going in OT possibly in Michigan... 4-4 the score. Good night for Habs Prospect.
Tomorrow Galchenyuk, Dietz, Thrower, Bozon, Hudon and Archambault all playing, only Vail take a break.
Sarnia plays their next game on Saturday vs Niagara.

And yeah, no chance Windsor trades Vail in a rebuilding move. They want to host the Mem Cup in 2013-14 and their team should be pretty solid if Ho-Sang is the real deal as their Rychel-Vail-Sieloff group should be back next year.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 11:35 PM
  #790
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Hopefully Vail can keep it up and get traded to a Memorial Cup favourite.
Windsor will be just fine.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now  
Old
10-11-2012, 11:48 PM
  #791
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Is there a fair chance Vail makes team USA at the next WJC if he keeps playing that well? It would be amazing to see both Galchenyuk and Vail represent their country..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:29 AM
  #792
patsbury
Registered User
 
patsbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal or Drummond
Country: Canada
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
Brady Vail tonight pass and goal (~1:30)
http://www.soogreyhounds.com/video/index/id/1350017598

patsbury is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
  #793
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,956
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Is there a fair chance Vail makes team USA at the next WJC if he keeps playing that well? It would be amazing to see both Galchenyuk and Vail represent their country..
Going to be hard since he wasn't at the USA summer camp...USA Hockey also has had an anti-CHL agenda in the past.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:34 AM
  #794
Impossible Glory
Registered User
 
Impossible Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
It seems like Pribyl's finally back, he has one assist today after two periods.

Does anybody know what what his injury?

Impossible Glory is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
  #795
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
I've always thought (and I still do ) that Nygren doesn't have what it takes to ever make the NHL, but maybe it's to early to completely write him off.
Interesting to see what the Habs plans are for him, since he has to be signed before June 1st as Hamilton is likely going to be very crowded on defense next season i'm guessing. Good to hear he's improved his defensive play though, that should go a long way in getting him a contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Is there a fair chance Vail makes team USA at the next WJC if he keeps playing that well? It would be amazing to see both Galchenyuk and Vail represent their country..
He's on the radar, would think if he keeps it up he will get an invite to the winter camp. If not he should stand a very good shot at making the 2014 wjc's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
It seems like Pribyl's finally back, he has one assist today after two periods.

Does anybody know what what his injury?
I believe I heard it was a lower body injury.

montreal is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:32 PM
  #796
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Honestly, PP specialist is his only chance of making the NHL. Nothing else in his game will take him to the NHL - it's all about Power play.

Obviously Collberg, he is the first Swedish prospect that I've been exited about since becoming a Habs fan in '07. The other swedes hasn't really been anything to write home about.
Collberg is the first serious Swede talent the Habs have drafted since Mats Naslund and from what I seen of his play at the WJC's last year,he's going to be a helluva hockey player for the Habs.It would be really sweet if the Habs could draft Drouin or Carrier to play alongside Collberg & Galchenyuk.Drouin would be great with them on the PP and Carrier would be great as their linemate creating room and setting plays up.Asking a bit much hoping for both Drouin & Carrier but in an ideal world having a couple of the most talented French players in the 2013 draft as Habs,would be ideal!

S Bah is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
  #797
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Interesting to see what the Habs plans are for him, since he has to be signed before June 1st as Hamilton is likely going to be very crowded on defense next season i'm guessing. Good to hear he's improved his defensive play though, that should go a long way in getting him a contract.



He's on the radar, would think if he keeps it up he will get an invite to the winter camp. If not he should stand a very good shot at making the 2014 wjc's.



I believe I heard it was a lower body injury.
Nygren if the Habs like him they can make room in Hamilton, though Bennett Thrower and Dietz could all graduate also.

I'm sure St.Denis won't be in Hamilton next year and one or both of Beaulieu and Tinordi could be NHL by Sept 2013. Pateryn and Ellis should be back for sure.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
  #798
Impossible Glory
Registered User
 
Impossible Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Interesting to see what the Habs plans are for him, since he has to be signed before June 1st as Hamilton is likely going to be very crowded on defense next season i'm guessing. Good to hear he's improved his defensive play though, that should go a long way in getting him a contract.



He's on the radar, would think if he keeps it up he will get an invite to the winter camp. If not he should stand a very good shot at making the 2014 wjc's.



I believe I heard it was a lower body injury.
Thanks for the info!

Impossible Glory is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
  #799
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,956
vCash: 597
They can also sign Nygren to an ELC and assign him to a SEL team next season if Hamilton is too crowded.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 02:15 PM
  #800
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Nygren if the Habs like him they can make room in Hamilton, though Bennett Thrower and Dietz could all graduate also.

I'm sure St.Denis won't be in Hamilton next year and one or both of Beaulieu and Tinordi could be NHL by Sept 2013. Pateryn and Ellis should be back for sure.
I think the chances are very very very slim to see either Tinordi or Beaulieu starting the next season with the Habs.. Both will need at least 2 seasons IMO before they are ready to see some action in the NHL.. Beaulieu needs to improve his backward skating, positionning and decision making while Tinordi should have a hard time adjusting to the Pro level speed.. Habs arent in a hurry to rush their kids anyway, our blueline is quite fine for the next 2 years with Markov still under contract, Subban Emelin Diaz all very young and promising..

So next year Hamilton should have a very young and interesting blueline.. Tinordi Beaulieu Ellis Dietz Thrower Bennett? Nygren? Pateryn Nash..


Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 10-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.