HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Going to see Järnkrok live on next monday, when he plays European Trophy against Tappara Tampere. Nice to hear he is doing better.

It's a battle - Järnkrok vs. Barkov

I hope we have them both after next draft.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:42 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Going to see Järnkrok live on next monday, when he plays European Trophy against Tappara Tampere. Nice to hear he is doing better.

You jinxed it. No way we get Barkov now and Järnkrok probably retires.

Old
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

Would be hard to get either Barkov or Jarnkrok's cousin, I think both go into the top 15 we would need to see a lockout and get lucky on the random draft lottery. It would be great though, very high on both those guys and would love to see them in winged wheels, just think it is highly unlikely.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Any chance of a stream for this? Never seen Jensen play, which is a bit embarrassing...
Might be. I haven't looked. I'd check the UNH website to see since it's in their barn.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:05 PM
TNigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Would be hard to get either Barkov or Jarnkrok's cousin, I think both go into the top 15 we would need to see a lockout and get lucky on the random draft lottery. It would be great though, very high on both those guys and would love to see them in winged wheels, just think it is highly unlikely.
I know this is wrong to say as a hockey fan, but I hope the entire season is locked out. We can all agree this is not one of the best lineups Detroit has iced in the last few years. This is looking like one of the better draft years, with very high end talent at the top. One could only hope the wings could get in the top 5 of the draft.

Old
10-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Would be hard to get either Barkov or Jarnkrok's cousin, I think both go into the top 15 we would need to see a lockout and get lucky on the random draft lottery.
We have better chance to suck totally and get a Top3 pick.

Old
10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
I know this is wrong to say as a hockey fan, but I hope the entire season is locked out. We can all agree this is not one of the best lineups Detroit has iced in the last few years. This is looking like one of the better draft years, with very high end talent at the top. One could only hope the wings could get in the top 5 of the draft.
Yeah that would not be a bad consolation prize if the entire season gets wiped. Perhaps we can luck into a top draft pick and then sign Alex Edler to fill out the top 4 on defense.

Old
10-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Anchor Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNigs View Post
In case you weren't aware, the Wings would have about a 2% chance at getting the top pick if they do it the same way they did it last time around

Old
10-09-2012, 11:00 PM
MBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
In case you weren't aware, the Wings would have about a 2% chance at getting the top pick if they do it the same way they did it last time around
Anything in the top 5 would be awesome or even top 10 i would be very happy for. I have seen a lot of rankings were Barkov and Lindholm are not top 5, to me it just seems like guys who play in Europe don't get the respect they deserve even though there playing in tougher mens leagues. I think Barkov is easily a top three pick and could be the best in the draft, and Lindholm should be around five.

Old
10-09-2012, 11:21 PM
joe89

Got to watch Nedomlel play. Wasn't tested that much defensively, knocked some guys down, skating looked fine. First assist was just a dump-out that led to a goal, the second assist was a nice shot for deflection. All in all he played a pretty solid game. He's got some pretty decent puckmoving skills imo, more than enough to not just be a big guy with a mean streak anyway.

Old
10-09-2012, 11:51 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Got to watch Nedomlel play. Wasn't tested that much defensively, knocked some guys down, skating looked fine. First assist was just a dump-out that led to a goal, the second assist was a nice shot for deflection. All in all he played a pretty solid game. He's got some pretty decent puckmoving skills imo, more than enough to not just be a big guy with a mean streak anyway.
The girlfriend asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said to watch Nedomlel. Works out great as they play on the same day. I'm pumped to see how he looks this year compared to last. No other players really interested in seeing during the game so I will be watching everything he does.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Pulkkinen benched again in the 3rd period.

Edit: might have played again later in the period.

Edit2: played exactly 15 minutes.

Last edited by Jussi: 10-11-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old
10-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
That sounds just perfect match to be some day a NHL 3rd pair guy. Just like Matt Greene or Roman Polak. Huge guy with mean streak and can do something with puck. Don't have to Bobby Orr ever, just does those little things well and is a badass, cross-checks guys off the net.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Harnessed in Slums

RWC's latest article is on Mattias Backman. Good to see him getting some positive commentary from Matt.

Quote:
The 6-foot-2 175-pounder continues to climb the Red Wings’ prospect ladder since joining the organization as an under-the-radar fifth-round pick (146th overall) in 2011. Red Wings scouts describe him as a smooth skater who makes excellent decisions under pressure and defends with his quick stick and intelligent positioning.

He had a goal and seven assists in 42 games with Linkoping last season while logging big minutes for Sweden en route to a gold medal at the IIHF world junior championship.
Link: http://www.redwingscentral.com/2012/...ise-in-sweden/

Old
10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
joe89

Quote:
That sounds just perfect match to be some day a NHL 3rd pair guy. Just like Matt Greene or Roman Polak. Huge guy with mean streak and can do something with puck. Don't have to Bobby Orr ever, just does those little things well and is a badass, cross-checks guys off the net.
It especially makes the transition to the pros easier if you can move the puck. I think it's pretty apparent the Wings knew this when drafting him. Many big guys can do these other things, but to keep up with the skating and passing is important even in that role.

Old
10-11-2012, 12:53 AM
WesNichols14

not a lot of info but was reading an article and it mentioned Ouellet. it basically just says he's one of 5 players with a real shot to make the world juniors roster from the Q. it also says that Jonathan Huberdeau is the only real lock of those 5, and that's if the lockout is going on. anyway figured i'd point it out.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...-players-again

Old
10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Exalted User

Järnkrok with 1+1 so far tonight.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:15 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Järnkrok with 1+1 so far tonight.
Goals are finally starting to come for him. Knew that his shooting percentage would level out considerably after a while

Old
10-11-2012, 04:34 PM
ChadS

Bäckman with an assist, +1 and 21:09 icetime, which is great. If someone saw his game, was he getting PP-time yet?

Old
10-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Bäckman with an assist, +1 and 21:09 icetime, which is great. If someone saw his game, was he getting PP-time yet?
Nice, Backman continuing to do well with big minutes and now Jarnkrok is starting to score goals.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:14 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Glad to see Järnkrok offense is picking up, but man that 33% faceoffs from ChadS' twitter feed is a really ugly number. Need to send Drapes overseas and teach him some of the finer points in that department.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Glad to see Järnkrok offense is picking up, but man that 33% faceoffs from ChadS' twitter feed is a really ugly number. Need to send Drapes overseas and teach him some of the finer points in that department.
Yeah that's not too good of a %. Although his total for the season (12 games) is 47,77%, which is not terrible but it's only 4th best on his team.

Old
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
joe89

Quote:
I think he's getting some irregular second unit minutes. But he plays a big role anyway, cemented in the top4 and playing top pair minutes some games. 4p in last 5 games now after going scoreless the first six.

Quote:
Yeah that's not too good of a %. Although his total for the season (12 games) is 47,77%, which is not terrible but it's only 4th best on his team.
Seems to me like Brynas has a lot of set faceoff plays, i.e. trying to create chances straight off the faceoff and not just win it without a purpose. He was very succesful with that in the playoffs aswell. If that affects his overall % I don't know, I've just noticed that he scores a lot of points on faceoff plays.

Last edited by joe89: 10-11-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old
10-11-2012, 10:12 PM
WesNichols14

Greece Lightning with a hat trick, and a +2;1st star of the game. Jake Peterson let in 4 goals on 9 shots. not good

Old
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Gustav Nyquist
Failure by design

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
Greece Lightning with a hat trick, and a +2;1st star of the game. Jake Peterson let in 4 goals on 9 shots. not good
I'm not really caught up on all these nicknames and whatnot. Who?

Closed Thread