HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
If we're talking about just next yr then you have to mention benoit who, right now, might be better all round than everyone outside of ottawa and is an option if a replacement is needed.
This, he is playing very well and was missed so much last year for Bingo, Murrray even said he could be called up to fill the 7th spot.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Pellegrino

Vikstrand scored another goal the other day. Impressive stats considering he's not really a PP-player.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:08 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Vikstrand scored another goal the other day. Impressive stats considering he's not really a PP-player.
He's got pretty good offensive instincts from what I've seen of him. Activates well and shows good judgment with his shots.

10-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
He's got pretty good offensive instincts from what I've seen of him. Activates well and shows good judgment with his shots.
Yes, he has. Not sure what the English term is, but what he has improved a great deal since last season is his "puck transportation", he's skating with the puck and making things happen, he was kinda "shy" last season. He's also a good passer and knows when to give the puck to a teammate.

My point was that, if he starts to produce points in the powerplay, his stats will be amazing. But even now, he's a very good two-way D-man. Can definitely see him play well in SEL/AHL next season. His current club Mora is a great place when you come from the J20 league, but he needs to play in a better league next season. Allsvenskan (SEL-2) is very good at the moment though, as there are lockouted NHL-players such as Anze Kopitar (plays with Vikstrand in Mora) Patrik Berglund, Douglas Murray, Gabriel Landeskog and Carl Hagelin playing in the league.

Old
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Yes, he has. Not sure what the English term is, but what he has improved a great deal since last season is his "puck transportation", he's skating with the puck and making things happen, he was kinda "shy" last season. He's also a good passer and knows when to give the puck to a teammate.

My point was that, if he starts to produce points in the powerplay, his stats will be amazing. But even now, he's a very good two-way D-man. Can definitely see him play well in SEL/AHL next season. His current club Mora is a great place when you come from the J20 league, but he needs to play in a better league next season. Allsvenskan (SEL-2) is very good at the moment though, as there are lockouted NHL-players such as Anze Kopitar (plays with Vikstrand in Mora) Patrik Berglund, Douglas Murray, Gabriel Landeskog and Carl Hagelin playing in the league.
I think 'puck transportation' could roughly translate to a variety of different attributes (puckhandling, confidence/poise, tendency to rush the puck). I get what you're saying for sure. He's an interesting prospect and I'd love it if he could force his way into Sweden's top-4 for the World Juniors. It seems like he's got a decent shot at jumping Bystrom, at least.

Going forward, I'd agree that his next step is playing against SEL competition. I don't necessarily think he'll make the jump to the AHL next season, especially considering our backend's a little full in Binghamton right now.

Anyway, the updates are much appreciated. It's pretty much impossible for us to watch SEL2 games in North America. Best I can follow him is through the highlights that pop up on Hockeyallsvenskan and Mora's website.

Old
10-11-2012, 09:37 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
How does trading go in the Europe? Can a tier one player be traded for a tier two player? Also, do clubs hold players rights like in the NHl?

Im asking because I dont know, and im wondering if Wikstrand could potentially move up. It may just be a hot streak, but if he contiues to rip it up, could he go up to the SEL?

In other news, Filatov is continuing his good play. Third on the team in points with 9 in 14 games. That doesnt sound that good, but his team isnt that great. He leads in + - with +6 though. I think the trade for Filly can still work out imo. I wouldnt be surprised if he goes over for 2 years or so and gives it another shot.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:09 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
How does trading go in the Europe? Can a tier one player be traded for a tier two player? Also, do clubs hold players rights like in the NHl?

Im asking because I dont know, and im wondering if Wikstrand could potentially move up. It may just be a hot streak, but if he contiues to rip it up, could he go up to the SEL?

In other news, Filatov is continuing his good play. Third on the team in points with 9 in 14 games. That doesnt sound that good, but his team isnt that great. He leads in + - with +6 though. I think the trade for Filly can still work out imo. I wouldnt be surprised if he goes over for 2 years or so and gives it another shot.
It's the soccer system, so basically no, he can't move up until next year. He can't move elsewhere unless Mora release him, which they won't for obvious reasons.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Filatov/Spezza/Silfverberg
Zibanejad/Turris/Stone

CRAZY GOOD I TELLS YA!!!

Old
10-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Ceci with 2 more pts. Has more than our forwards noesen and puempel and a yr younger on a weaker team.
9pts in 7 games. Good start. Keep er goin'

Old
10-12-2012, 01:37 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
It's the soccer system, so basically no, he can't move up until next year. He can't move elsewhere unless Mora release him, which they won't for obvious reasons.
a mid-season transfer window would be beneficial to both teams and players, IMO.

10-12-2012, 01:52 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
a mid-season transfer window would be beneficial to both teams and players, IMO.
Oh, it's open until February 15th, there's just rarely any incentive for teams to let their players go. Players aren't sent across the country without their consent over here.

The rare cases where you'll see someone move mid-season is if he's become a complete liability and the team and player will agree to some kind of buyout agreement, or if there's a loan agreement.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Ceci with 2 more pts. Has more than our forwards noesen and puempel and a yr younger on a weaker team.
9pts in 7 games. Good start. Keep er goin'
Draft year younger. All three are in their last year Junior.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:15 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I'd be disappointed if Ceci weren't putting up the point he is so far. He's a year older, has a rookie camp under his belt, was given the C (well, sharing it with Monahan) and is expected to be an offensive leader. If he were struggling i'd may be questioning his ability to help put a team on his shoulders.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I'd be disappointed if Ceci weren't putting up the point he is so far. He's a year older, has a rookie camp under his belt, was given the C (well, sharing it with Monahan) and is expected to be an offensive leader. If he were struggling i'd may be questioning his ability to help put a team on his shoulders.
You're right. I would be disappointed as well. So it's great to see him assert himself as the go to guy for his team.

I feel as though Noesen has already established thg last year. Im still waitin for Puempel to really assert himself as the go to guy. He's still trying to establish himself on his new team but hopefully by mid season he'll be the player his teammate look to late in games

Old
10-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
You're right. I would be disappointed as well. So it's great to see him assert himself as the go to guy for his team.

I feel as though Noesen has already established thg last year. Im still waitin for Puempel to really assert himself as the go to guy. He's still trying to establish himself on his new team but hopefully by mid season he'll be the player his teammate look to late in games
Wel. Puempel is leading the team in pts and goals i believe. 5 goals in 6 games? Good pace

Old
10-12-2012, 12:41 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Hf done with their fall top-50.
Zibanejad = 5
(Rundblad = 33)
Silfverberg = 40
Lehner = 46

2012 draftees who made the list:
Yakupov (drafted 1, ranked 1)
Galchenyuk (drafted 3, ranked 8)
Ryan Murray (drafted 2, ranked 12)
Morgan Reilly (drafted 5, ranked 16)
Mikhail Grigorenko (drafted 12, ranked 17)
Griffin Reinhart (drafted 4, ranked 18)
Matt Dumba (drafted 7, ranked 19)
Filip Forsberg (drafted 11, ranked 24)
Derrick Pouliot (drafted 8, ranked 41)
Andrei Vasilevski (drafted 19, ranked 42)
Malcom Subban (drafted 24, ranked 43)
Tomas Hertl (drafted 17, ranked 47)
Jacob Trouba (drafted 9, ranked 49)
Tuevo Teravainen (drafted 18, ranked 50)

i'd have liked to see ceci somewhere in the 45-50 range, but HF tends to prefer forwards. No dmen drafted after ceci made it, and 2 drafted before him (Koekoek and Lindholm) didnt make it either.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post

Good chance he already is that in Kitchener. We'll know if things are on the right track if Spott wants him at WJC camp after not getting the invite in the summer.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Vikstrand has scored 2G today. On Fiya.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:08 PM
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"

what's vikstrands stats at?

Old
10-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensPromo View Post
what's vikstrands stats at?
Including today's game 6G 2A

Old
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
Including today's game 6G 2A
Vikstrand to Karlsson back to Vikstrand shoot scoreeeessss!

Old
10-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Aggen

Including +1.

He's playing together with totally shiet D's. He's pretty much the only decent D in the entire Mora team, and ohboy, he's good!

Old
10-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilfverFoppaBerg View Post
Vikstrand to Karlsson back to Vikstrand shoot scoreeeessss!
you really think karlsson's going to touch the puck?

Old
10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
sg58

Wikstrand is actually four goals away from being the highest scoring (goals) junior defenseman of all time in the SEL-2.

Oliver Ekman's 27 points might be a reachable total as well.

Old
10-12-2012, 03:10 PM
starling

Vikstrand scores GWG second game in a row.

Closed Thread