*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Renegader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
I would trade Subban, we dont need him sitting on the bench waiting for PP time, if the coach doesn't have confidence in him playing 5 vs 5 then trade him for what we need.
This would be a colossal mistake. A 17 year old defenceman that moves the puck well and can score. Something every team looks for.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:59 PM
brahmabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
If Sault Ste Marie is looking for a Defenseman from the Bulls I think it has to be Brady Austin. My source says "Jordan (Subban) and George butt heads but so did PK. His brother is here, he's fine." Sault Ste. Marie is also in need of a 3rd line powerforward kind of player. David Broll was that guy, he's turned into more of an offensive threat this year.
I can't see Burnett moving Austin, I still don't know why the Soo would need an extra D considering they have 9 on the roster including 2 OAs. Belleville is only carrying 7 D men which is typical if they are going to move any one it will be a forward as they have 3 extra forwards right now.

Old
10-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
I can't see Burnett moving Austin, I still don't know why the Soo would need an extra D considering they have 9 on the roster including 2 OAs. Belleville is only carrying 7 D men which is typical if they are going to move any one it will be a forward as they have 3 extra forwards right now.
Alright. Time to make, in my opinion, the Bulls unmovable list. It's as follows.

Defence: Subban, Austin, De Sousa

Goalie: Subban

Forwards: Gaunce, Brassard, Curtis, Petti, Zharkov, Hooey, Simmonds (for reasons non hockey related unfortunately)

I don't think any of the above will be moved at all this year.

Old
10-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Tonester01

Brampton game

Pitiful crowd last night. Belleville fans better start supporting the team if they want to keep the Bulls in Belleville. It's very difficult to convince people that Belleville needs an arena upgrade with turnouts like last night.
Jordan made a great rush and pass on the Bull's goal plus he scored the winning shootout goal. Bulls would be crazy to trade him. It was nice to see the fans give Mr. Subban a nice ovation last night. He and his family epitomize class and it's a great program they have started with Hyundai. Belleville is very fortunate to have had the three sons play with the Bulls.
My only complaint is that it's difficult to buy hot chocolate at the game. The machines at the north end concessions are still broken and they ran out of hot chocalte at the south end concession. Bush league.

Old
10-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester01 View Post
Pitiful crowd last night. Belleville fans better start supporting the team if they want to keep the Bulls in Belleville. It's very difficult to convince people that Belleville needs an arena upgrade with turnouts like last night.
Jordan made a great rush and pass on the Bull's goal plus he scored the winning shootout goal. Bulls would be crazy to trade him. It was nice to see the fans give Mr. Subban a nice ovation last night. He and his family epitomize class and it's a great program they have started with Hyundai. Belleville is very fortunate to have had the three sons play with the Bulls.
My only complaint is that it's difficult to buy hot chocolate at the game. The machines at the north end concessions are still broken and they ran out of hot chocalte at the south end concession. Bush league.
Perhaps that is why attendance is down, no hot chocalate?!?

Old
10-11-2012, 04:00 PM
jdan1997

Did anybody get the chance to see Jr Crammer? I heard he's looked much better in game situation than camp

Old
10-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
Did anybody get the chance to see Jr Crammer? I heard he's looked much better in game situation than camp
I thought he looked decent. Certainly didn't look out of place and made the most of his opportunity. The Bulls seemed to have drafted a good class last year.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:26 PM
brahmabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
If you like Sr Crammer you will like Jr Crammer they seem to play the same up tempo style.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:37 PM
brahmabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
Alright. Time to make, in my opinion, the Bulls unmovable list. It's as follows.

Defence: Subban, Austin, De Sousa

Goalie: Subban

Forwards: Gaunce, Brassard, Curtis, Petti, Zharkov, Hooey, Simmonds (for reasons non hockey related unfortunately)

I don't think any of the above will be moved at all this year.
Sounds about right but I imagine you could add Silas to the list as Burnett seems to love him. To me Simmonds is not really an issue, he is a decent role player and a good penalty killer. There are other players on the team that are producing less and still getting lots of ice time. But I think there are moves that need to be made, Berisha and Carnevale should not be sitting out. Berisha looks like the real deal and may be one of the best playmakers on the team, I think if given enough ice time and right line mates this kid is a top 6 forward now.

Old
10-12-2012, 05:30 AM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester01 View Post
If I wanted to watch paint peel,staying home is the cheaper option.Hopefully the up tempo team that was promised will make an appearance soon but George cannot help himself,he loves the trap.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Sounds about right but I imagine you could add Silas to the list as Burnett seems to love him. To me Simmonds is not really an issue, he is a decent role player and a good penalty killer. There are other players on the team that are producing less and still getting lots of ice time. But I think there are moves that need to be made, Berisha and Carnevale should not be sitting out. Berisha looks like the real deal and may be one of the best playmakers on the team, I think if given enough ice time and right line mates this kid is a top 6 forward now.
Agreed on Berisha. This guy should be playing and for some reason George keeps sitting him. I don't think Simmonds is a good penalty killer at all really. He's slow, not agile and is routinely in the wrong spot in the rotating box they use on the PK (which I love by the way). As a 19 year old, you expect more from him. Not to take the puck and then dump it in once he crosses centre ice. He plays the same as he did when he was 16 or 17. Zero progression. If he were on any other team, he wouldn't be in the OHL. Face it... he's using up a roster spot that Cramarossa Jr or Berisha could be using.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
If I wanted to watch paint peel,staying home is the cheaper option.Hopefully the up tempo team that was promised will make an appearance soon but George cannot help himself,he loves the trap.
It's the same song and dance from George. Last year he promised an up tempo exciting team to watch. That didn't really happen as he quickly went to the trap early in the season. This year... same thing. It's almost like he doesn't trust the players and is playing not to lose. With the talent he has, he should be running and gunning them. Might bring some fans back too.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Renegader

**BREAKING** BULLS TRADE LEMMON

BELLEVILLE, ON - Belleville Bulls Head Coach and General Manager George Burnett announced Friday morning that the club has dealt sophomore winger Mack Lemmon to the Niagara IceDogs in exchange for a third round draft pick in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection.
A native of Aurora, Lemmon played in 52 career games with Belleville. He's suited up in seven games this season.
"Mack is a quality young man who is deserving of a better opportunity than the one we can provide him at the present time," said Burnett. "We wish him all the best in Niagara."
Lemmon joins the IceDogs Saturday night in Sarnia while the Bulls prepare for tonight's game at the Powerade Centre in Brampton.
Niagara has started their season at 5-4-0-0 while the Bulls currently hold a 4-2-1-0 record.
Following the trade, the Bulls now carry 23 players on their roster, consisting of 14 forwards, seven defencemen and two goaltenders.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
If you like Sr Crammer you will like Jr Crammer they seem to play the same up tempo style.
Jr has more skill. Sr is more of a grinder.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
**BREAKING** BULLS TRADE LEMMON

BELLEVILLE, ON - Belleville Bulls Head Coach and General Manager George Burnett announced Friday morning that the club has dealt sophomore winger Mack Lemmon to the Niagara IceDogs in exchange for a third round draft pick in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection.
A native of Aurora, Lemmon played in 52 career games with Belleville. He's suited up in seven games this season.
"Mack is a quality young man who is deserving of a better opportunity than the one we can provide him at the present time," said Burnett. "We wish him all the best in Niagara."
Lemmon joins the IceDogs Saturday night in Sarnia while the Bulls prepare for tonight's game at the Powerade Centre in Brampton.
Niagara has started their season at 5-4-0-0 while the Bulls currently hold a 4-2-1-0 record.
Following the trade, the Bulls now carry 23 players on their roster, consisting of 14 forwards, seven defencemen and two goaltenders.
Now trade one of the OA d-men.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Glad to see Burnett got ok value back for Lemmon but the Bulls need to do a better job of finding impact players in the 2nd round. Hopefully Desousa can end a bad stretch of second round flops.

Lemmon is an alright energy guy but he hasn't developed an offensive game and was being outplayed by two guys drafted behind him in Carnevale and Berisha. Heffernan is a bigger guy who can fill the same role as Lemmon.

Old
10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Glad to see Burnett got ok value back for Lemmon but the Bulls need to do a better job of finding impact players in the 2nd round. Hopefully Desousa can end a bad stretch of second round flops.

Lemmon is an alright energy guy but he hasn't developed an offensive game and was being outplayed by two guys drafted behind him in Carnevale and Berisha. Heffernan is a bigger guy who can fill the same role as Lemmon.
If DeSousa gets the chance to play, he will impress. Great combination of skill and toughness.

Old
10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post

Thing is Lemmon was a better skater and faster than Heffernan and generally a more skilled guy growing up but was stuck in a 4rth line role which for the 2nd year would be poor usage for a 2nd round pick. Getting a good pick back for him a few years from now is a smart choice as Bulls have stockpiled picks to some degree and are still trying to find ice for the existing group of rookies.

Old
10-12-2012, 06:05 PM
brahmabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Thing is Lemmon was a better skater and faster than Heffernan and generally a more skilled guy growing up but was stuck in a 4rth line role which for the 2nd year would be poor usage for a 2nd round pick. Getting a good pick back for him a few years from now is a smart choice as Bulls have stockpiled picks to some degree and are still trying to find ice for the existing group of rookies.
Lemmon was given enough ice time to prove himself and so far only has 2 points in 52 games to show for it. While I like the way the kid plays he does not seem to have the offencive upside that the other young players have and he is prone to some really bad penalties. M Crammarosa is just as good a skater and Heffernan looks to have a better shot plus they are both a year younger. Burrnett needed to make room this was a good start I would not be suprised to see another forward moved if they don't start producing more offensively.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:22 PM
BullsFan4Ever

Awesome game by Charlie Graham in net tonight against Brampton. First start of the season, first win, first shutout, first star...did i miss any other first's !!! I'm guessing this performance should earn Charlie another start tomorrow night against Oshawa????

Old
10-13-2012, 01:32 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan4Ever View Post
Awesome game by Charlie Graham in net tonight against Brampton. First start of the season, first win, first shutout, first star...did i miss any other first's !!! I'm guessing this performance should earn Charlie another start tomorrow night against Oshawa????
Shutout and first star for Graham and game winning goal and 3rd star for Berisha. Not bad for 17 year olds. Hopefully we'll see a little more of Graham as 1 start in 8 would be tough if he were really needed say due to an injury like last year. Nothing replaces real game time and we know Malcolm will not be around next year.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:41 AM
BrianA

Quote:
Shutout and first star for Graham and game winning goal and 3rd star for Berisha. Not bad for 17 year olds. Hopefully we'll see a little more of Graham as 1 start in 8 would be tough if he were really needed say due to an injury like last year. Nothing replaces real game time and we know Malcolm will not be around next year.
I would say the odds of Malcolm of returning are getting better.
The NHL and the NHLPA do not appear to be any closer and both are willing to kill the league.Maybe a new pro league with owners who care and players earning a max of 5million per is the answer.

Old
10-18-2012, 07:59 PM
JSavoire

I'm confused why they literally won't play M.Cramarossa? Heff has played 5 games counting tonight and Cram only 2. Both are 16 and Cram was drafted a round earlier? You figure they'd split an even # of games or go play Jr. A and actually play. What up?

Old
10-18-2012, 09:37 PM
jdan1997

Quote:
I'm confused why they literally won't play M.Cramarossa? Heff has played 5 games counting tonight and Cram only 2. Both are 16 and Cram was drafted a round earlier? You figure they'd split an even # of games or go play Jr. A and actually play. What up?
My thoughts exactly.... and from what I've heard, they liked what they saw from M. Cram..

Old
10-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Lyons89

2 belleville boys in top 3 OHL scoring at the moment.. pretty neat

Closed Thread