HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Voracek/Simmonds

Old
10-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Coburn aside, with Pronger and Mezaros out, who are the other defenders that would be filling a top four role on the Flyers? And more specifically, who would be available for an upgrade trade?
Kimmo Timonen
Nicklas Grossmann

Then someone out of Luke Schenn, Andreas Lilja, Erik Gustafsson, Marc-Andre Bourdon, Brandon Manning and Bruno Gervais.

Who's available? I have no idea. The Flyers really don't have too many whipping boys anymore now that they don't have Jeff Carter, JvR or Matt Carle.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Because he's better(a year removed from Vezina nomination) and cheaper?
Bryz was nominated a year earlier and is only $300k cheaper. The big difference is that Philadelphia don't have Schneider bearing down on Bryz. The entire world knows that the 'nucks want rid.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Kimmo Timonen
Nicklas Grossmann

Then someone out of Luke Schenn, Andreas Lilja, Erik Gustafsson, Marc-Andre Bourdon, Brandon Manning and Bruno Gervais.

Who's available? I have no idea. The Flyers really don't have too many whipping boys anymore now that they don't have Jeff Carter, JvR or Matt Carle.
Luke Schenn - whipping boy. He's too slow and no first pass for your very speedy team.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

I could see the Flyers and Canucks pulling of an Edler deal, but I dont know what the price tag would be.

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Luke Schenn - whipping boy. He's too slow and no first pass for your very speedy team.
In time, maybe. But as of right now, he's not.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Kimmo Timonen
Nicklas Grossmann

Obviously Timmonen would be of interest, but Grossman doesn't really draw my eye at his price tag. Bourdon, Manning and even Gervais are probably worth more to the Flyers then abroad, and Schenn was just acquired so I don't see him moving.

Simmonds and Grossman/Lilja for Edler? Seems a little light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Bryz was nominated a year earlier and is only $300k cheaper. The big difference is that Philadelphia don't have Schneider bearing down on Bryz. The entire world knows that the 'nucks want rid.
....nope. The entire world could believe Elvis, Biggy, Kurt Cobain and Hitler faked the moon landing to cover up evidence of Bigfoot's involvement in Jimmy Hoffa's disappearence, that doesn't make it true. We're fine with both, but if a good trade offer comes, you can bet one or the other will be traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
I could see the Flyers and Canucks pulling of an Edler deal, but I dont know what the price tag would be.
That's the reply we got...what would the Flyers have to add for Edler. I'm not totally aversed to offers coming in like a lot of Canucks fans, but to make a hole that big, Garrison or another piece must make Edler expendable, or the trade has to fill two of our glaring holes in our forward ranks and/or in our defense sans-Edler.

Bryz(if he returns)-Voracek-Simmonds for Edler-Luongo? +? -?

Edler > Simmonds > Luongo(appairently) > Bryzgalov
Edler > Voracek > Luongo(again, appairently) > Bryzgalov
Does the amount that Edler < Simmonds+Voracek by equal the difference that Luongo > Bryz?

This will probably overthrow the peaceful conversation most of us were happy with, but I don't mean to get anyones blood rushing with it. Let's say I am asking what, with Edler, would loosen both wingers from the Flyers hands?

Last edited by Cogburn: 10-11-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:45 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:

That's the reply we got...what would the Flyers have to add for Edler. I'm not totally aversed to offers coming in like a lot of Canucks fans, but to make a hole that big, Garrison or another piece must make Edler expendable, or the trade has to fill two of our glaring holes in our forward ranks and/or in our defense sans-Edler.

Does the amount that Edler < Simmonds+Voracek by equal the difference that Luongo > Bryz?

This will probably overthrow the peaceful conversation most of us were happy with, but I don't mean to get anyones blood rushing with it. Let's say I am asking what, with Edler, would loosen both wingers from the Flyers hands?
I have to ask, what is the point of the Canucks trading Luongo, their alleged backup goalie with a huge contract, for Bryzgalov, who would be their backup goalie with a huge contract? Even as a Bryz fan, I would obviously do a 1 for 1 swap.

I see Simmonds as close value to Edler. But lets say this season is salvaged, and the Canucks are open to trading Edler. I really cant see them fetching a young, tough, potential 30 goal scorer with a good contract for a their UFA defenseman (Albeit a young, good one)

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Quote:
Obviously Timmonen would be of interest, but Grossman doesn't really draw my eye at his price tag. Bourdon, Manning and even Gervais are probably worth more to the Flyers then abroad, and Schenn was just acquired so I don't see him moving.

Simmonds and Grossman/Lilja for Edler? Seems a little light.

....nope. The entire world could believe Elvis, Biggy, Kurt Cobain and Hitler faked the moon landing to cover up evidence of Bigfoot's involvement in Jimmy Hoffa's disappearence, that doesn't make it true. We're fine with both, but if a good trade offer comes, you can bet one or the other will be traded.

So you're saying Luongo + Edler for Voracek + Simmonds + Bryz?

I'd rather it be both Schenns instead of Voracek+Simmonds, because at least that way we'll get a replacement D who can hopefully find chemistry with Garrison(and also plays RD) as well as a replacement C for Kesler. Although I'm not sure which pair has more value to Philly.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Aside from the value of that deal (which I think is off), some kind of offensive piece would have to be coming back to philly if they were going to move both Simmonds and Voracek. With JVR and Jagr gone, the Flyers don't have the depth to be moving 2 top 6 players.

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
Aside from the value of that deal (which I think is off), some kind of offensive piece would have to be coming back to philly if they were going to move both Simmonds and Voracek. With JVR and Jagr gone, the Flyers don't have the depth to be moving 2 top 6 players.
Take Raymond for all I care. He's due for a bounce back year but doesn't really fit in anywhere on our top 9 IMO.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
Would Philly prefer to move both Schenns instead of Voracek + Simmonds?

Old
10-11-2012, 09:55 PM
mriswith

I don't understand why Van fans are so persistent about moving Edler. We can't afford to move him and are opening up a bigger gap by trading him than what the return would fill.

And if we were trading him, his value=Richards or Carter. Simmonds straight up isn't close.

But really he shouldn't be traded at all, because we have absolutely no one who can replace him.

mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Bryzard of Oz

Quote:
Not particularly

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
Matt Read+1st+3rd at the deadline maybe?? I have no clue either, so many variables in this one. Vancouver probably wouldn't trade him if they are in the middle of a playoff push again. They would probably be stuck with trading his rights at the draft if they can't agree. 2nd rounder I would give for him at the draft if push comes to shove.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Matt Read+1st+3rd at the deadline maybe?? I have no clue either, so many variables in this one. Vancouver probably wouldn't trade him if they are in the middle of a playoff push again. They would probably be stuck with trading his rights at the draft if they can't agree. 2nd rounder I would give for him at the draft if push comes to shove.
I fully expect he re-signs with us though, although on the off chance he doesn't I expect Philly to go hard for him as soon as they can.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I fully expect he re-signs with us though, although on the off chance he doesn't I expect Philly to go hard for him as soon as they can.
I didn't read through the entire thread and I apologize if this was already mentioned, but why wouldn't they agree to an extension before the CBA expired. Many players were doing it so they could get the best terms available before going into the unknown. I wouldn't be so sure with him resigning if I was Vancouver, it has to be worrisome he didn't re-up before the CBA expiration.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I didn't read through the entire thread and I apologize if this was already mentioned, but why wouldn't they agree to an extension before the CBA expired. Many players were doing it so they could get the best terms available before going into the unknown. I wouldn't be so sure with him resigning if I was Vancouver, it has to be worrisome he didn't re-up before the CBA expiration.
Management might have wanted to wait to see if UFA age would be pushed later, or Edler might not have wanted his abysmal playoff performance to be the last factor that goes into his extension. It's only speculation, though.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:40 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Exactly. I can't wait to see how Suter and Parise mesh in with the Flyers once the lockout ends. Oh wait...
Once again players who had a specific destination in mind. I never said the Flyers were going to land guys like Suter, Parise, Hamhuis or Doan.. because they didn't really have interest in signing with them in the first place. We heard Suter wouldn't sign in the East weeks before his eventual signing in Minnesota.

Edler's not married, not from anywhere with an NHL team and in this scenario has parted ways with the only NHL team he's ever had dealings with.

Short of some bizarre situation where he's so enamored with the fact that the Red Wings wanted to draft him that he passes up better offers to sign with them nine years later, Edler should be about as "free" a free agent as you get.

dave babych returns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
The Flyers wouldnt move Schenn for Weber, so what makes you think they would for Edler?

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:03 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
The Flyers wouldnt move Schenn for Weber, so what makes you think they would for Edler?
Wow I hope that's not true. I'm a big Schenn fan and all, but I'd take Shea Weber over him and a couple firsts any day.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Source?

Because the only reports I remember, as a Flyers fan, is that they were unwilling to give up Schenn AND Couturier AND multiple picks and prospects--yet this keeps getting thrown out on these boards.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Source?

Because the only reports I remember, as a Flyers fan, is that they were unwilling to give up Schenn AND Couturier AND multiple picks and prospects--yet this keeps getting thrown out on these boards.
Heard the same thing.

We proposed Read, Mez, 1st, 2 2nd's and 3rd I think

They countered with Schenn+Couts++

Old
10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Homegrown Kings
that other 70s line

Quote:
What about Lu for Bryz + Voracek + 1st?

It's just so crazy...
Bryzgalov has a higher cap hit than Luongo though, I just don't see how that benefits the Canucks.

Assuming Schneider is the #1 with either of those guys, it's swapping one expensive backup for an even more expensive one.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Source?

It's become somewhere between a myth and a legend.... every time I see it posted, I shake my head at the thought.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
capitalsrock

Proposal

Phi: Gustafsson
Voracek
3rd/4th

Van: Edler

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote