HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 Winger to Washington

Old
10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

vCash: 500
What would WSH give up for Vanek? Forsberg?

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Unless the new CBA lets us renegotiate his contract, nothing.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
We don't have any of those to spare... unless you think Jeff Schultz can regain his +50 form...
At this point I doubt we can spare any defenseman. We only have 7 NHL level defensemen on the roster, two of them (Green and Erskine) have been extremely injury prone lately. If Green gets injured again, our bottom 4 will be perhaps the worst in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl
Caps will not trade for a high end winger.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 06:50 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
At this point I doubt we can spare any defenseman. We only have 7 NHL level defensemen on the roster, two of them (Green and Erskine) have been extremely injury prone lately. If Green gets injured again, our bottom 4 will be perhaps the worst in the league.

Caps will not trade for a high end winger.
Alzner, Carlson, Green, Hamrlik, Orlov, Schultz, Hillen, Erskine (and Poti) makes it 8 (+1) acctually. With Schilling, Kundratek, Marshall in Hershey, at least one D should be spendable.

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Alzner, Carlson, Green, Hamrlik, Orlov, Schultz, Hillen, Erskine (and Poti) makes it 8 (+1) acctually. With Schilling, Kundratek, Marshall in Hershey, at least one D should be spendable.
Poti is done, Hillen is just another AHLer. That leaves Alzner, Carlson, Green, Hamrlik, Orlov, Schultz, and Erskine - a total of 7.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 07:47 PM
MW6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Poti is done, Hillen is just another AHLer. That leaves Alzner, Carlson, Green, Hamrlik, Orlov, Schultz, and Erskine - a total of 7.
AHLer with 230 NHL-games..
I'd rather have Hillen and/or Schilling in the line-up rather than Schultz at the moment.

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

What'd it take to get Gagne out of LAK?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Those people are not kids man... They're profesional.. **** happens on the ice it's fast paced..

Pacioretty had one of the worst cheap shot in recent history and doesnt really hold a grudge over it...
Well, first, everybody with a look at that hit knew that those excuses were getting tossed right out the window. There was beyond blatant intent to elbow, if not injure.

Second, the only way that becomes a comparable situation is if Montreal turned around and traded for Chara, only if Chara wasn't all that spectacular. Or gigantic. You really think that absolutely nobody in that locker room is going to seethe or do something detrimental to team chemistry? It's not even a risk worth taking. In fact, it only becomes a risk worth taking in this scenario because Chara is Norris caliber. Make this about Bourque again, and there are more pretty good big bodies out there than there are people who have given a Capitals star a concussion, so why even try it?

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
What'd it take to get Gagne out of LAK?
a younger top 6 potential prospect

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Would Caleb Herbert work? Not willing to give up Galiev or Wilson for only one year (and a shortened year at that) of Gagne, given the question marks surrounding him.

Old
10-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
So obviously the caps need a RW to play on the first line because Troy Brouwer is a third line player at the most. So what will it take to get a top 6 winger?
If Im in charge of my Bruins... I would be willing to part company with Nathan Horton because of health issues. Im not sure Washington is willing to role the dice but its a one year contract and Horton might be able to stay healthy?

Assuming Washington was willing then my proposal involves Boston stepping up and making a deal of Krecji to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan. Ryan becomes the new RW in Boston to replace Horton. Seguin moves to center to replace Krecji. Bergeron becomes the top center until Seguin matures in the role. Peverly becomes Seguin's RW to help take faceoffs and defensive assignments on nights Seguin has growing pains. Boston still has 2 decent top lines

Horton is now expendable. Boston now has a hole on the third line for an affordable third line guy that can play with Kelly. I like both Ward and Chimera alot. One of them and some sort of pick if Horton resigns would probably be enough to convince me to pull the trigger. Im guessing Anaheim needs a pick thrown in to give up Ryan.

Boston ends up with a better winger {ryan upgrades over horton} and room for seguin to play his natural position... but downgrades quite alot for their 7th forward {kreci down to chimera or ward}

luckily though there is some cap savings involved so to me that makes the downgrade bearable.

if Horton does stay healthy this becomes a big win for Washington... and if he doesn't, then all they give up is a third liner. To me, that makes it worth them taking a gamble.

Anaheim may or may not be able to get more then Krecji for Ryan... but I am willing to throw in a pick and I believe that would be the best offer they could get. Ryan has demanded a trade so think Anaheim should deal him.. only question is what would other teams offer?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Relative to a lot of other Caps fans, I'm a Ward supporter. I think he's a useful player who can be more productive than he was last year.

That said, I'd deal Ward for Horton in a heartbeat. Get rid of a big contract on a player who hasn't produced for a guy who fills an area of need? Done deal.

Old
10-11-2012, 11:28 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Relative to a lot of other Caps fans, I'm a Ward supporter. I think he's a useful player who can be more productive than he was last year.
i like ward but i believe his game best fits a 3rd line role, i don't want to rely on him for producing offense like a 2nd liner

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:37 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Just a random idea, probably gonna get shot down quickly, but:

What about either of these?

Goligoski + Morrow + Cond. 1st (Stays if Wsh. makes it to the ECF or further) for Carlson

or sub in Daley for Goose and make it Alzner.

Doubt Washington goes for this, but they make a bit of a downgrade on defense while adding a top 6 forward who's got some great chemistry with Ribs. Both of our defenders are locked up longterm, so Morrow's the only rental, and if it doesn't work out, you'll still get a mid 1st.

Don't actually see this getting done, either, but just an idea.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i like ward but i believe his game best fits a 3rd line role, i don't want to rely on him for producing offense like a 2nd liner
I agree he's a third liner. I just think he can have more production than he did last year, even from the third line. Something like 15G, 30-35P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Just a random idea, probably gonna get shot down quickly, but:

What about either of these?

Goligoski + Morrow + Cond. 1st (Stays if Wsh. makes it to the ECF or further) for Carlson

or sub in Daley for Goose and make it Alzner.

Doubt Washington goes for this, but they make a bit of a downgrade on defense while adding a top 6 forward who's got some great chemistry with Ribs. Both of our defenders are locked up longterm, so Morrow's the only rental, and if it doesn't work out, you'll still get a mid 1st.
Value isn't awful on the Carlson deal, but Washington passes quickly.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Halpysback

McPhee passed on a Carlson for Pronger one for one deal back when Carlson was a prospect and Pronger was arguably the best playoff defenseman in the world.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
McPhee passed on a Carlson for Pronger one for one deal back when Carlson was a prospect and Pronger was arguably the best playoff defenseman in the world.
That's not true at all. If I remember correctly it was Carlson, one of the Caps young goaltenders and another big piece.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
That's not true at all. If I remember correctly it was Carlson, one of the Caps young goaltenders and another big piece.
It was Carlson or Alzner + Varlamov or Neuvirth + 1st round pick.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
For here, the asking price was Carlson + Alzner + goalie at the deadline, then Carlson + goalie + roster player + "something else" after the season. I'm ok with turning that down.

Zoidberg Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:35 AM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

vCash: 50
Iginla for Green

nogger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:14 AM
MalcontentCapsFan

Caps have two options that make sense: either wait for young prospects like MP85, MJ90, Galiev, Forsberg, Wilson, and Kuznetsov to become useful top 6 forwards and grow into legitimate NHL scoring threats OR package and move for a high end player like Ryan.

Given the style of Management, that second one isn't going to happen. Caps will stand pat and wait for their prospects to grow into NHLers. At best the Caps would make a minor move like they did with Dallas for Ribs.

Note: MJ90 was added to this since he hasn't blossomed into his full potential yet.

MalcontentCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Iceonfire

Hemsky for...

Tom Wilson, 2nd 2013

Iceonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 05:19 AM
MalcontentCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Hemsky for...

Tom Wilson, 2nd 2013
You mean Hemsky and a 2nd for Wilson?

Pass. I'd rather see if Wilson becomes a second line power forward than take on Hemsky's health and contract.

MalcontentCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 06:25 AM
LSnow

Trade for Filppulas rights if he doesnt re-sign in Detroit.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 06:29 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Stan Galiev, done.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote