HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons @ Lake Erie Monsters 10/13 11:00AM MDT Barons Revenge Or Monster Mash 2?

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Ragss

vCash: 500
I think I enjoy watching RNH play more than any other player in the NHL right now. Other than him, I'm dying to see Marincin in action.

Old
10-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
I think I enjoy watching RNH play more than any other player in the NHL right now. Other than him, I'm dying to see Marincin in action.
Agreed, he is a real treat to watch and he does things that aren't typical of Oilers players in the last 15-18 years.

10-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Kayen
Fire Eakins

Sgarbossa... is this the same Sgarbossa that lit us up back in Penticton a few years back? Darn pirate..

Old
10-12-2012, 04:19 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

I'm excited to see basically every member of the team. Justin Schultz and Marincin are the two I really want to see though, their first pro game and they're both on the top pairing. Huge potential with both players imho.

I'm also curious to see how Eberle and RNH will do in the AHL. I'm honestly expecting 100pt seasons from each.

Old
10-12-2012, 06:34 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
hopefully MPS gels with Nuge and Eberle

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
Old
10-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

After watching the RNH interview on the 1st post, I think I'm gonna call him "sniffles" from now on.

I hope SNETW will air a few OKC games. Lockout Shmockout...I'm happy to watch some prospects and it will be interesting to see what the top line does, along with Schultz.

Old
10-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Hoogaar23

Best part about Barons games this year? We'll be able to see Eberle, RNH, Hall (later), Schultz, plus all our other prospects, and we won't be subjected to shift after painful shift of Horcoff! Win-win

Kidding aside, never been so pumped for AHL action.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
if schutlz is the real deal and fedun regains his form from before his injury we are looking at an excellent stable of young defenceman coming in. especially when you consider the progress Petry made and the potential of Klefbom

Old
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Pretty good looking roster. Will be interesting to see how they can perform as a unit.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:35 AM
CupofOil

I'm very close to ordering the AHL package but i think i might kill somebody if i find out that the games will be streamed somewhere for free after i make the purchase so does anybody know if any sites will be offering up free streams? I doubt it but i just want to cover all bases before i take the $150 plunge.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I'm very close to ordering the AHL package but i think i might kill somebody if i find out that the games will be streamed somewhere for free after i make the purchase so does anybody know if any sites will be offering up free streams? I doubt it but i just want to cover all bases before i take the $150 plunge.
I highly doubt that we'll see any free streams of games that aren't broadcast on TV anywhere.
They'd basically have to re-stream the AHL Live stream, since that's the only available source.
And since the quality of the original stream is quite low to begin with, would a "re-stream" even be watchable?
I don't know. Perhaps someone will work it out somehow...

AHL Live prices are way to steep, really.
You'll have to pay much more than you'd do for NHL GameCenter Live, and you'll get less games and a much inferior product, which doesn't even include the playoffs (you'll have to shell out even more if you want to follow the post-season).
It's a bad, bad deal, that I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless they really want to watch the AHL and are willing to spend more money than it's worth.

This will be my third season with AHL Live.
The only way I can rationalize that is that there are worse things to spend your money on.
I've made worse deals in my life, so I can live with overpaying for some badly produced low-resolution hockey.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:31 AM
jukon
#Nailedit

I'm more interested to see if Martindale can hold onto the 2C job. He has shown glimpes skill, I hope he can put it together and perform on a regular basis.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:41 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
I highly doubt that we'll see any free streams of games that aren't broadcast on TV anywhere.
They'd basically have to re-stream the AHL Live stream, since that's the only available source.
And since the quality of the original stream is quite low to begin with, would a "re-stream" even be watchable?
I don't know. Perhaps someone will work it out somehow...

AHL Live prices are way to steep, really.
You'll have to pay much more than you'd do for NHL GameCenter Live, and you'll get less games and a much inferior product, which doesn't even include the playoffs (you'll have to shell out even more if you want to follow the post-season).
It's a bad, bad deal, that I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless they really want to watch the AHL and are willing to spend more money than it's worth.

This will be my third season with AHL Live.
The only way I can rationalize that is that there are worse things to spend your money on.
I've made worse deals in my life, so I can live with overpaying for some badly produced low-resolution hockey.
Are the AHL live streams all from the jumbotron camera? I seem to remember the playoff streams being from very weird angles. It was quality enough to see what was going on but was still a bit weird, i guess it takes some getting used to.
There's not any more options to watch Oiler players so i suppose that the $150 will be worth it. It should be exciting hockey even looking through a subpar stream.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Man, I think we're really going to like that top pairing. Marincin got stuck on a really crappy team in the WHL. Watch him shine with Schultz.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
I'm more interested to see if Martindale can hold onto the 2C job. He has shown glimpes skill, I hope he can put it together and perform on a regular basis.
Agree with this, I really want this kid to succeed because if he pans out he is exactly what the Oilers need. A big 2C with some skill that's defensively responsible.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:52 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
I bought the package. I am very interested in watching RNH, Eberle, Hall (eventually), and Schultz take over the leadership roles on a team with relatively good depth players. I expect that it will be like looking through a window into the future.

I'm actually a lot more interested in watching this than I would be in watching Horcoff, Belanger, et al bang around the defensive zone for 30 minutes a game. In my view the lock out isn't a bad thing at all.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I bought the package. I am very interested in watching RNH, Eberle, Hall (eventually), and Schultz take over the leadership roles on a team with relatively good depth players. I expect that it will be like looking through a window into the future.

I'm actually a lot more interested in watching this than I would be in watching Horcoff, Belanger, et al bang around the defensive zone for 30 minutes a game. In my view the lock out isn't a bad thing at all.
Agreed. As long as we got some good hockey from the AHL, I could care less if the NHL never got out of a lockout for years.

Old
10-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Soli
Supervision Required

I'll be interested to see who gets the 2nd unit special teams time amongst the defensemen.

PP1: Schultz (Nuge, Eberle, Paajarvi, Harski)
PP2: ????? (Arcobello, Martindale, Green, Pitlick)
I'm thinking it'll be Fedun till Marincin gets more play/practice time.

PK1: Teubert - Davidson
PK2: Plante - ?????
I'm thinking it'll be Schultz or Fedun.

4 AHL rookies on defense. Should be exciting.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM
frag2

I'm gonna scour the interwebs for a free stream. If that fails, I may have to succumb to paying...

need hockey fix

Old
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
imagine there was a way everyone here could pitch in $10 and have one person get the AHL package and stream it on a private server for everyone else with a password can see. i know i wouldnt do it ...........

Old
10-12-2012, 11:12 AM
boosterjuice

I'll probably purchase 5-game AHL live packs at a time. I'm optimistic that the lockout will end.

Does the AHL Live service give you any pause features?

I'm hoping that my samsung smart tv can play the steam. I don't want to stare at a laptop for 3 hrs.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:15 AM
ithxan

Diehard, lifelong Oilers fan from Japan. Would GREATLY appreciate a stream

**Edit** Will be waking up at 630am tomorrow on my day off to check the "regular (streaming) channels" but if none to be found, HFOil is my last resort.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:38 AM
TowMater14

I ordered the game on AHL live. Does anybody know if I can watch this on my IPAD/Iphone? If not, how about on the Wii? I was going to hook my phone up to the TV.

Old
10-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Are the AHL live streams all from the jumbotron camera? I seem to remember the playoff streams being from very weird angles.
Most streams will use the scoreboard video feed, with the local radio broadcast as audio.
However, most teams seem to at least acknowledge that their feed is used by AHL Live, so even if the production is sub-par, you'll get multiple camera angles, and no full-screen clap-your-hands-and-cheer graphics during play (with a few terrible exceptions).

The overall quality differs, as I've said before.
From extremely bad (Houston Aeros) to surprisingly very good (Texas Stars).

OKC's home games look way better now than they did two seasons ago (much better camera work), but they still have some technical issues they should sort out, like deinterlacing their video to get rid of "jaggies".

Old
10-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Musashi

game is at 530 MDT isn't it?

Closed Thread