HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OKC Barons @ Lake Erie Monsters 10/13 11:00AM MDT Barons Revenge Or Monster Mash 2?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM
  #51
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
excited to see martindale and pitlick take 2nd line roles. theyll have prv on the left when hall get to okc. could make for a killer 1-2 punch to role.

undertow is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:04 AM
  #52
boosterjuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
I ordered the game on AHL live. Does anybody know if I can watch this on my IPAD/Iphone? If not, how about on the Wii? I was going to hook my phone up to the TV.
I've been doing some investigation on this.

It looks like AHL Live uses "Silverlight" video. Do a search and see if there is an ipad app that will allow silverlight to be used on an ipad. I have an android tablet, so that's what I'm looking for.

I've found out that silverlight WON'T play on my Samsung smart tv.

boosterjuice is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:07 AM
  #53
undertow
Registered User
 
undertow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
I think I enjoy watching RNH play more than any other player in the NHL right now. Other than him, I'm dying to see Marincin in action.
if you watch hopkins stick while he is dishin the puck, you see why hes one of the best passers in the game. the kids that have grown up and learned the game with the new styles of hockey sticks are goning to bring the game to another level of skill.

undertow is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:08 AM
  #54
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Let's go Barons!

Turrican* is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
  #55
TowMater14
Registered User
 
TowMater14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OIL COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,813
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
I've been doing some investigation on this.

It looks like AHL Live uses "Silverlight" video. Do a search and see if there is an ipad app that will allow silverlight to be used on an ipad. I have an android tablet, so that's what I'm looking for.

I've found out that silverlight WON'T play on my Samsung smart tv.
Thanks for this!

TowMater14 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
  #56
Son of Krypton
Registered User
 
Son of Krypton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
Does the AHL Live service give you any pause features?
Yes, for all archived games.

During live games, however, you can only stop the stream and restart it, and you'll miss everything that happens inbetween.

Unless it's a Texas Stars home game, or any other game using the higher-quality interface.
Then you'll be able to pause or even rewind the live stream.

This is a screenshot of a Barons @ Stars game from last season:

Note that the resolution is much higher than below, and that you can choose your bitrate (currently set to Adaptive).

And here, by comparison, is an OKC @ Aeros game:

I love that letterboxed little thing.

And this is Lake Erie, if you're wondering what it will look like tonight:

Son of Krypton is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
  #57
Son of Krypton
Registered User
 
Son of Krypton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
It looks like AHL Live uses "Silverlight" video. Do a search and see if there is an ipad app that will allow silverlight to be used on an ipad.
You'll also need Flash in order to navigate the AHL Live site and get to your videos.
Silverlight + Flash = not for the iPad, I'm afraid.

Son of Krypton is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:03 PM
  #58
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,924
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
You'll also need Flash in order to navigate the AHL Live site and get to your videos.
Silverlight + Flash = not for the iPad, I'm afraid.
Down loading Photon for your iPad gets you around the flash part you just use that as your search engine. I don't know about Silverlight though.

Edit: I just checked on my iPad and I had no issue using Photon to view AHL Live. When you click the app use the search bar at the top to search AHL Live then when it loads it'll say you need flash then click the lightning bolt in the top right and your good to go. I think I'll purchase an individual game to night and see what happens.


Last edited by czar99: 10-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.
czar99 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
  #59
Hoogaar23
Registered User
 
Hoogaar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,468
vCash: 500
I had to do a double take when I first saw the pricing. How can they justify it? To me, it is way overpriced. I looked at it the last couple of years around playoff time and it blew me away that it was almost double the price of NHL Center Ice.

At half that price I'd probably get the games - but $7 for one streaming game? How much are the Oilers PPVs on TV?

Hoogaar23 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:08 PM
  #60
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,906
vCash: 500
I think a better question in the thread is if anybody knows a sportsbar in the city that are gonna get on this and stream the Barons games. Theres an opportuity there for some astute establishments to pick up some potential viewers.

Other than that for the "need hockey fix" crowd the Oil Kings and Alberta Golden Bears are both at home tonight.

Take in some live action.

Replacement is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
  #61
NAF
Beauty Fakes
 
NAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
Yes, for all archived games.

During live games, however, you can only stop the stream and restart it, and you'll miss everything that happens inbetween.

Unless it's a Texas Stars home game, or any other game using the higher-quality interface.
Then you'll be able to pause or even rewind the live stream.

This is a screenshot of a Barons @ Stars game from last season:

Note that the resolution is much higher than below, and that you can choose your bitrate (currently set to Adaptive).

And here, by comparison, is an OKC @ Aeros game:

I love that letterboxed little thing.

And this is Lake Erie, if you're wondering what it will look like tonight:
Jeez. That's crappy quality. But as you say, I've spent way more money on far stupider things!

How quickly do games go up in the archive section? It's a crazy early game today (is it a holiday in the US or something?) Will I be able to watch the archived version later tonight or will I need to wait till tomorrow?

NAF is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:21 PM
  #62
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Jeez. That's crappy quality. But as you say, I've spent way more money on far stupider things!

How quickly do games go up in the archive section? It's a crazy early game today (is it a holiday in the US or something?) Will I be able to watch the archived version later tonight or will I need to wait till tomorrow?
From what I've seen they are up the next day, which isn't too bad. And yeah, I really do think it's worth it if you can afford to pay for it. You will definitely see some good hockey. As you can see the quality is definitely not what it should be for the price but it isn't unwatchable by any means.

scid14 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM
  #63
Puritania
Skooma Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogaar23 View Post
I had to do a double take when I first saw the pricing. How can they justify it? To me, it is way overpriced. I looked at it the last couple of years around playoff time and it blew me away that it was almost double the price of NHL Center Ice.

At half that price I'd probably get the games - but $7 for one streaming game? How much are the Oilers PPVs on TV?
Yeah, I can't justify spending that much on a scoreboard feed over the internet. It's a total bummer, I really want to watch every single Barons game I can. Sportsnet should pick up AHL games for one of their forty separate channels.

Puritania is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
  #64
BlueChip01
Registered User
 
BlueChip01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
I'm thinking of getting the small pack. I think the Lockout will end in a month or two.

There are probably a lot of costs associated with it and the AHL can't price it low. Not the way I would go. Price it low, take the risk, and more people will try it out for a cheaper price. They could get volume customers that way.

I guess that is what the small 5 pack is for, but it's still overpriced. If I had a crystal ball and knew the NHL season would be wiped out, I'd probably blow some moolah on this for the season.

BlueChip01 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:38 PM
  #65
Hoogaar23
Registered User
 
Hoogaar23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
There are probably a lot of costs associated with it and the AHL can't price it low. Not the way I would go. Price it low, take the risk, and more people will try it out for a cheaper price. They could get volume customers that way.
Exactly. At about half the price of the NHL I would likely get it. But MORE? F that. I will try to find streams and watch when it's on Sportsnet

Hoogaar23 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
  #66
Matty31
Registered User
 
Matty31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 481
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Matty31
Ebs #7
RNH #18
MPS #19
Wonder what Hall will wear when he gets there!
http://www.okcbarons.com/index.cfm?fa=roster

Matty31 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:53 PM
  #67
davidsitar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
The game is being streamed on hockeystreams.com you can purchase single games.

davidsitar is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:57 PM
  #68
BlueChip01
Registered User
 
BlueChip01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Nice!

BlueChip01 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:07 PM
  #69
Agron
BELIEVE.
 
Agron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Excited to watch Nuge

Agron is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
  #70
Hockey Fan #751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsitar View Post
The game is being streamed on hockeystreams.com you can purchase single games.
You can purchase single games on AHL Live also. Is it cheaper than $7? And if so, it would be the same stream anyway (probably lower quality because it's a stream of a stream).

I'm sure that they charge what they do because if it was free or much cheaper, they wouldn't have the bandwidth it would take to support that much volume.

I'd rather pay $7 or $150 or whatever to ensure that it's not choppy or unwatchable.

Hockey Fan #751 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
  #71
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,794
vCash: 500
We will crash AHL Live tonight

40oz is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
  #72
Baggie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
RNH will be on fire tonight. I was kind of hoping Hartikainen would be on the first line but pääjärvi propably makes a whole lot more sense. OKC will landslide lake erie whatsoever.

So happy to finally get some "oilers hockey". I would watch this game but I have some relationship problems to keep me busy. So sad.

Baggie is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
  #73
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,928
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Take in some live action.
I just might, not sure which one though. Spec's game of the century or a battle of alberta.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
  #74
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
I am looking forward to seeing how Hishon is doing, I was a big fan of him in Owen Sound.

bsmith14 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
  #75
Column5
Registered User
 
Column5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Road 2 6
Country: Canada
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I bought the package. I am very interested in watching RNH, Eberle, Hall (eventually), and Schultz take over the leadership roles on a team with relatively good depth players. I expect that it will be like looking through a window into the future.

I'm actually a lot more interested in watching this than I would be in watching Horcoff, Belanger, et al bang around the defensive zone for 30 minutes a game. In my view the lock out isn't a bad thing at all.

x2

Column5 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.