HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Daniel Sprong

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2012, 01:21 PM
  #26
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
He is a 97 born player who got lots of hype when he was younger by both his play and his on ice antics (taking puck from team-mates, father beating up other father's mouthing off at crowd etc.)

Still a good player but seems to be getting more hype because of the latter now.
Do you have more on the father's antics ??? I would like to know more, this isn't the first I've heard about the Sprongs...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 05:32 PM
  #27
ReppingMTL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
He is a 97 born player who got lots of hype when he was younger by both his play and his on ice antics (taking puck from team-mates, father beating up other father's mouthing off at crowd etc.)

Still a good player but seems to be getting more hype because of the latter now.
Not true at all, you make up the views of things you have heard and not seen yourself. He has earned his hype by his own merit. Exceptional at a very young age and continues to excel even to this year, where he was the top scorer on the team who won the state championship.

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:21 PM
  #28
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
Not true at all, you make up the views of things you have heard and not seen yourself. He has earned his hype by his own merit. Exceptional at a very young age and continues to excel even to this year, where he was the top scorer on the team who won the state championship.
The same state team that he joined midway through the year ?

And multiple people have said that he and the father aren't very nice..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:15 PM
  #29
ReppingMTL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
That's not what I was emphasizing though. For people to say, he gets hype for the wrong reasons isn't right. He had a stellar year on the team that he joined midway through the year. The team ended up winning the state championship and he was the top scorer of the tourney ahead of guys like Noel.

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:52 PM
  #30
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
That's not what I was emphasizing though. For people to say, he gets hype for the wrong reasons isn't right. He had a stellar year on the team that he joined midway through the year. The team ended up winning the state championship and he was the top scorer of the tourney ahead of guys like Noel.
What I worry about is his father...


He scored 30 goals in like 15 games in Bantam AA...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
  #31
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
He's back in Quebec, and he's playing Espoir this year.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
  #32
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
He's back in Quebec, and he's playing Espoir this year.
Apparently he's bored with espoir already ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2012, 06:06 PM
  #33
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Apparently he's bored with espoir already ?
I wouldnt know, I havent heard anything about that,

I just know his team is 2-0-0 and he had 4 points in the first game according to the leagues website.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:21 PM
  #34
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Guess he must have citizenship then.
Does anyone know if he was cut by Oakville and or if he chose to come back on his own?

Weird that he's playing Espoir and not AAA.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 01:28 PM
  #35
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Guess he must have citizenship then.
Does anyone know if he was cut by Oakville and or if he chose to come back on his own?

Weird that he's playing Espoir and not AAA.
There's a whole story behind why he's not playing AAA.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:16 PM
  #36
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
There's a whole story behind why he's not playing AAA.
care to share?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 07:15 PM
  #37
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
care to share?
All I've seen is "could not get his international release".

Would be interesting to hear the full story.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:00 PM
  #38
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
All I've seen is "could not get his international release".

Would be interesting to hear the full story.
that was last year.
That was clearly lifted.

was wondering the story he knows as to why Daniel is in Espoir and not with the Lions in AAA

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 09:30 PM
  #39
Q7scout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
Not true at all, you make up the views of things you have heard and not seen yourself. He has earned his hype by his own merit. Exceptional at a very young age and continues to excel even to this year, where he was the top scorer on the team who won the state championship.
I do not have these "views of things I've heard".....I've seen with my own eyes..... his father physically attack Dan Marois at a Spring Hockey tournament in Toronto as did many other parents. All because he thought Daniel was hit to hard by Dan's son Nick...I've seen him (Daniel) take puck off his own teammates on more that one occasion. I know parents who have taken their son's off his team to show that they do not agree with some of the behaviour of Daniel and his father.

These are not my opinions as I normally post on here.....these are facts that I and others have witness on more than one occasion.

With all that being said I still say he is a good player.....nothing special but a good player at his age level.

I debated greatly over posting this post as many of the things I've said here are not good. However they are true, but people can change and I'm sure he is a good kid at heart and will continue to get better as he matures.

I wish him the best of luck!

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:29 AM
  #40
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q7scout View Post
I do not have these "views of things I've heard".....I've seen with my own eyes..... his father physically attack Dan Marois at a Spring Hockey tournament in Toronto as did many other parents. All because he thought Daniel was hit to hard by Dan's son Nick...I've seen him (Daniel) take puck off his own teammates on more that one occasion. I know parents who have taken their son's off his team to show that they do not agree with some of the behaviour of Daniel and his father.

These are not my opinions as I normally post on here.....these are facts that I and others have witness on more than one occasion.

With all that being said I still say he is a good player.....nothing special but a good player at his age level.

I debated greatly over posting this post as many of the things I've said here are not good. However they are true, but people can change and I'm sure he is a good kid at heart and will continue to get better as he matures.

I wish him the best of luck!
Everyone you say is true.

To put things short, anyone you talk to about Daniel Sprong will trell you that his father is insane... That's probably being nice..

Dan Marois is a member of Dollard hockey, he's a developper there, the Lions are based in Dollard.

A person high up in DDO told me that Daniel's an exceptional player, has all the talent in the world, and is so good that teams will make concessions for him... He has confirmed that Sprong's father has on ocassions attacked parents, and gotten into verbal altercations with parents, and yelled at the kids for not passing to his son... He says he can places and teams will take him cause he's that good..

I've heard mixed things on Daniel, some tell me his nice, others tell me he's "a dick". I know someone who had a son in his team I'll try to bring it up.

The whole citizenship thing was bull and smoke in the air. The real reason is this:

Jon Goyens is the face in Lac-St-Louis with the Lions, but Svoboda, Karl and Peter are the ones in charge. I get them confused but Karl and Daniels father had a major arguement which lead to the Lions refusing to invite Sprong to camp...

The above used to be a rumour but I've gotten confirmations about it... No one I know in the Lions knows much, and knows even less about the Sprong situation. I have thought prodding Svoboda but its tough... He's a scary guy...

Daniel may be many things, but he has to take control of his hockey career.


No Quebec AAA team will touch a Lac-St-Louis Kid, unless he's special... But even Sprong has too much baggage..

Something has to give as this year's Lions are awful... And Sprong would carry the team...

However the Lions have had their share of primadonnas...

Drouin, Duclair, Deluca... Fournier.. Verroneau... Etc.. I can go on..

I think he will end up with them, but only when he takes charge.

I warn all posters be careful of what you say regarding Sprong... This is a well known site to those in LSL...


Let me add, what I said above is 90% word of mouth, but it comes from reliable non biased sources...

Atleast I think so.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:22 AM
  #41
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
thanks for sharing!


Last edited by Galchenyuk x 27: 10-12-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
  #42
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
that was last year.
That was clearly lifted.

was wondering the story he knows as to why Daniel is in Espoir and not with the Lions in AAA
It was said re: him not being in Oakville this season.
Not sure if Ontario has different rules or something but that's what was said.

Sounds like this kid is a load of trouble.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
  #43
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
It was said re: him not being in Oakville this season.
Not sure if Ontario has different rules or something but that's what was said.

Sounds like this kid is a load of trouble.
I think he's got his citizenship...


I don't think it's the kid, it's really his father.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:18 PM
  #44
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I think he's got his citizenship...


I don't think it's the kid, it's really his father.
I do too since he participated in the Allstate event, which required citizenship, but there may have been a problem with getting his card transferred so he could play in Oakville.

I'm not saying it's Daniel either, but parents obviously have a lot of say in things at this level and teams work closely with them.
From what you and others are saying, it may be a bit difficult to work with his.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:44 PM
  #45
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I do too since he participated in the Allstate event, which required citizenship, but there may have been a problem with getting his card transferred so he could play in Oakville.

I'm not saying it's Daniel either, but parents obviously have a lot of say in things at this level and teams work closely with them.
From what you and others are saying, it may be a bit difficult to work with his.
I think your right. A bit's being nice..

I'll see what I can find out about the father.. With them back in west island information is hard to come by.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
  #46
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I think your right. A bit's being nice..

I'll see what I can find out about the father.. With them back in west island information is hard to come by.
Well, I've never met him or his family so I can't really speak for myself.
Hell, I've barely seen him play (only twice, the Allstate game and in Buffalo at the Nationals when he was with the Wilkes-Barre Igor Larionov Knights ) and he's skilled no doubt, but if the parents are a problem, it doesn't matter how skilled he is.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 05:09 PM
  #47
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Well, I've never met him or his family so I can't really speak for myself.
Hell, I've barely seen him play (only twice, the Allstate game and in Buffalo at the Nationals when he was with the Wilkes-Barre Igor Larionov Knights ) and he's skilled no doubt, but if the parents are a problem, it doesn't matter how skilled he is.
I agree, but from what I know it's only the father.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:47 AM
  #48
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post

Let me add, what I said above is 90% word of mouth, but it comes from reliable non biased sources...

Atleast I think so.
why would you post some of the allegations you posted if they are based on the above?

I'm sure Jon Goyens is appreciative of reading such stuff that is based on word of mouth and you think is true.

The only facts in evidence is that Mr. Sprong attacked Mr. Marois as that is a matter of public record. The rest are all pretty much allegations, rumors and innuendos.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 02:08 PM
  #49
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
why would you post some of the allegations you posted if they are based on the above?

I'm sure Jon Goyens is appreciative of reading such stuff that is based on word of mouth and you think is true.

The only facts in evidence is that Mr. Sprong attacked Mr. Marois as that is a matter of public record. The rest are all pretty much allegations, rumors and innuendos.

Why not ? I have no bias twords him... I think it's a shame that parents, pride and politics have gotten in the way of a kid's development.. I'm just answering a question...

I'm wouldn't know if he does or doesn't. Does he really care for what some guy on the Internet has to say ?

I heard it from others, who have no reason to hamper a kid's reputation. Atleast I think... Been wrong before though.


Last edited by IHaveNoCreativity: 01-01-2013 at 04:11 AM.
IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 06:41 PM
  #50
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Sprong seems like a player who is only thinking on going to a few teams… He'll definetly have a shortlist. I'd assume he'll still easily be a first round pick, but like said he does have a bad attitude.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.