HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings player destinations during the Lockout

Old
10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
There shouldn't be any excuses for him playing with Val. If he ever had an oppertunity to prove he's a sniper (which many believe he's not) here it is.
If Filppula and Ruutu could have finished their chances, he could have had two-three assists in that game, so it wasn't all bad. He seems to have King Kong sized gorilla on his back though, he can't be faulted for his lack of effort either, really skates hard every shift and is usually the first guy on defense.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:31 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
i do believe the eihl has improved a bit since fleury's time, but yeah, you'd expect good numbers. wade belak played in the uk a while ago (and thankfully didn't put up ridiculous numbers otherwise the league really would seem a total joke, lol) and anthony stewart and tom sesisto are there now for the lockout. stewart had played 4 matches and has 3 points and noah clarke has 10 points in 10 games (and he put up some big ahl points once upon a time).

no question, miller should be a total stand-out megastar in this league. we'll see if 2points/game is too much to ask.
Yeah that opinion had a lot to do with my opinion of his speed. I just don't think they are going to be able to handle it all that well. Most of the guys over there at least in the scoring race when you click on them on eliteprospects were very good ECHL players. So that would be a good measure of about what the league is. I think asking for more than 2 points is a bit much but he should be well over a point a game in my opinion.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Seems Emmerton is already injured, in an ambulance outside the arena.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:26 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Seems Emmerton is already injured, in an ambulance outside the arena.
I am going to hope this is somewhat standard over in Europe. An ambulance being involved in North America is always a pretty dire situation.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I am going to hope this is somewhat standard over in Europe. An ambulance being involved in North America is always a pretty dire situation.
Seems he twisted a finger or a shot hit his finger. Continues the trend of injuries in that team (SaiPa).

Old
10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Seems he twisted a finger or a shot hit his finger. Continues the trend of injuries in that team (SaiPa).
Well I don't know if Finland is like the KHL, but if he broke his finger he is about to find out something some of these NHL players take for granted a lot in North America. Goodbye contract. Hope it is just a bruise because if he broke a finger he is out for a month and probably needs to find a new team.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Wow, Michael Nylander, haven't heard that name in a while.
Yeah, he never retired. A shame being put in the freezer by the Caps and then a horrible neck injury effectively ended his NHL career. He deserved better.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Yeah, he never retired. A shame being put in the freezer by the Caps and then a horrible neck injury effectively ended his NHL career. He deserved better.
Good to hear he may be able to continue playing. I literally never heard his name after the entire Caps ordeal. I think there was some controversy where he may have agreed in principle to sign with Edmonton but once the Caps expressed interest he bolted. So on the one hand he did pull a DB move but it's still nice to see him resurface.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
pRisly

Mursak scored 2 goals tonight.

5 games, 2 goals, 10 assists

pRisly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Chris 84

Braehead won 5-2 tonight. Miller got an assist.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 05:19 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pRisly View Post

Leading the league in points per game. This has to be doing a lot for his confidence. That last roster spot is shaping up to be quite the battle if they actually come to an agreement.

Old
10-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Chris 84

Quote:
Leading the league in points per game. This has to be doing a lot for his confidence. That last roster spot is shaping up to be quite the battle if they actually come to an agreement.
i'd really love for mursak to be playing regularly on the wings with some proper ice time to see what he can do. he looks like a player who could be helpful to us, but i get the feeling that babcock isn't his no1 fan, sadly.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:

Awesome!!! Thanks for the updates!

This is fantastic for Jan!

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM
TS Quint

Quote:

Yup he's right up there with Brock McBride 8GM 5G 12A.

But seriuosly if this helps Musaks confidence or whatever he's doing in this beer league as long as it makes him a better player for the Wings.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Kentti

The highlight reel for yesterday's Jokerit game and Val's stats. In Pelicans goal for his first game this season was San Jose's Antti Niemi. It wasn't the best game for him, 26 saves on 29 shots, save% 89,66%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HlEaF_ZOG8w

OCT 12, 2012: PELICANS @ JOKERIT 3 - 4 S/O
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- -1, PIM 0, S 2, TOI 30:01

Valtteri's stats after 9 games, 4 goals, 5 assists, 9 points, +/- +4, S 25, PIM 2, average toi 24:25.

Ilari Filppula was 1+2=3 yesterday, now leading SM-Liiga in points with 7 goals + 12 assists = 19 points.

Last edited by Kentti: 10-13-2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Added Antti Niemi's information.
Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Kentti

Valtteri Filppula was injured in yesterday's game. According to Jokerit webpage, he's out for tonight's game due to "upper body injury".

http://www.jokerit.com/uutiset/?nid=2045

I don't know how accurate this information is but on Jokerit Facebook page there was information from someone who is close to the organization that they are scanning the injury to determine how serious it is and how long Valtteri's out.

Kentti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 05:02 AM
joe89

Quote:
Yup he's right up there with Brock McBride 8GM 5G 12A.

But seriuosly if this helps Musaks confidence or whatever he's doing in this beer league as long as it makes him a better player for the Wings.
I assume the league depth is pretty bad in Austria, but Salzburg won European Trophy last year over the likes of Swedish and Finnish teams so it's not horrible either by any stretch. A notch behind NLA and DEL but not more. Maybe around SEL-2 level if I had to guess.

Old
10-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Valtteri Filppula was injured in yesterday's game. According to Jokerit webpage, he's out for tonight's game due to "upper body injury".

http://www.jokerit.com/uutiset/?nid=2045

I don't know how accurate this information is but on Jokerit Facebook page there was information from someone who is close to the organization that they are scanning the injury to determine how serious it is and how long Valtteri's out.
Seems there is tough contest between Jokerit and SaiPa about which team will have more players on the injured list...

Old
10-13-2012, 06:36 AM
joe89

Quote:
Seems there is tough contest between Jokerit and SaiPa about which team will have more players on the injured list...
Exactly how many contracted players do Jokerit have? http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=41 it really looks like a ridiculous amount of players.

Old
10-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
Exactly how many contracted players do Jokerit have? http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=41 it really looks like a ridiculous amount of players.
Quite a lot, they made sure to sign the most promising juniors to pro contracts early. A lot of them would normally play between the A-juniors and Mestis side Kiekko-Vantaa ut the injury situation has forced to bring up a lot of them sooner and more than intended. Kind of necessary when you have 8 regular forwards injured.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Yep, he's doing all he can. I have to imagine that will impress DRW management, moreso than sitting around waiting to see what happens with the lockout. He's playing and producing significant offense. Good for him.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 10:59 AM
TS Quint

Quote:
I assume the league depth is pretty bad in Austria, but Salzburg won European Trophy last year over the likes of Swedish and Finnish teams so it's not horrible either by any stretch. A notch behind NLA and DEL but not more. Maybe around SEL-2 level if I had to guess.
You got me here, I'm completely ignorant on the European Cup. I was hoping he would take on a larger challenge for and prove me wrong on his tallent level. He could score 5pts/game but against this talent level I still wouldn't be impressed. But like I said whatever is best to make him a better player I'm good with. I don't think joining a less competitive league just to play with a group of your patriots (or at least on the surface, that's what it looks like) is best to make him a better player. But I don't know him personally so maybe he proves me wrong and comes back better than ever... at least I hope.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:04 AM
mattski93
Poo Brain

Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Highlights from Miller's debut below, #20 in purple. Picks up the secondary assist on the Clan's third goal, feeding Ash Goldie along the boards.

No, I don't know what's going on with the new mascot either.

mattski93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
It should be noted that for some reason they were allowed pull a Davos aŽla Spengler Cup, ie. loan players for the final tournament. These players played a big part in them winning the tournament.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:33 PM
joe89

Quote:
You got me here, I'm completely ignorant on the European Cup. I was hoping he would take on a larger challenge for and prove me wrong on his tallent level. He could score 5pts/game but against this talent level I still wouldn't be impressed. But like I said whatever is best to make him a better player I'm good with. I don't think joining a less competitive league just to play with a group of your patriots (or at least on the surface, that's what it looks like) is best to make him a better player. But I don't know him personally so maybe he proves me wrong and comes back better than ever... at least I hope.
Yeah, obviously it doesn't really develop him as a player other than confidence. Maybe that the KHL could develop him a bit, but outside of that I don't think it matters much where you play during the lockout, it's just a way to keep busy. I don't think Mursak was qualified to play in the KHL with their lockout rules though, so it's a bit moot.