HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils at Capitals (Gif Madness)

Old
10-12-2012, 12:16 PM
hockeyr5

vCash: 891
This is just depressing...

hockeyr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Sounds good! We'll be seeing you guys in what? 4 nights? I saw you guys chased Jonathan Quick in LA! Wrecked the banner raising game!

I like your post, but I also wanna see JA#39049504950490 take on the game.

''Marty the whale was pulled 8 minutes in, Ovy, and Semin each got hat trick in those first 8 minutes, Devils can't score without Parise, blah blah blah blah''
I find fun in doing the post game reports. But I lost it when you wrote The whale. I don't know why but I absolutely started dying lol. No disrespect to him. Theway you posted it was brilliant. EDIT: yes. This alternate universe just ended an 18 year lockout/strike with a golden CBA.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I find fun in doing the post game reports. But I lost it when you wrote The whale. I don't know why but I absolutely started dying lol. No disrespect to him. Theway you posted it was brilliant. EDIT: yes. This alternate universe just ended an 18 year lockout/strike with a golden CBA.
It was a rip on a poster around here JA#12 or something. The number might be wrong. He posts on the mainboard, and he's a Rangers fan. Only I don't think he loves the Rangers as much as he hates the Devils.

And yes the Semin thing I did on purpose. Good looking out.

Remember it was supposed to be JA posting it!

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

We need this one badly. Gotta start off on the right foot. If we play our game, well be fine.

Oh wait...

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Between us I don't have a good feeling about Oates coaching. The PP he ran was almost the same as when Maclean ran it, and we finished in the middle as we did when he ran it too. We all know what happened with him as head coach. Now Oates ran a better PP in Tampa Bay, so I can't base it all on his time with us.

I will say this though. I more than ever believe what many said early last season. Our PP, and PK had much of the same personnel. I think to a point our PP suffered, because the forwards were all used on the PK. It was no coincidence that when our PP heated up after all star break, that our PK cooled down if not just a little bit.

Most of the forwards on the PK played on the PP too. The defensemen were different, and Clarkson, and Sykora rarely got PK time, but got PP time. I think Dave Barr's ''Use all the forwards on the PK'' was a one trick pony, and won't be as good whenever the NHL starts again. We saw this in the playoffs.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Between us I don't have a good feeling about Oates coaching. The PP he ran was almost the same as when Maclean ran it, and we finished in the middle as we did when he ran it too. We all know what happened with him as head coach. Now Oates ran a better PP in Tampa Bay, so I can't base it all on his time with us.

I will say this though. I more than ever believe what many said early last season. Our PP, and PK had much of the same personnel. I think to a point our PP suffered, because the forwards were all used on the PK. It was no coincidence that when our PP heated up after all star break, that our PK cooled down if not just a little bit.

Most of the forwards on the PK played on the PP too. The defensemen were different, and Clarkson, and Sykora rarely got PK time, but got PP time. I think Dave Barr's ''Use all the forwards on the PK'' was a one trick pony, and won't be as good whenever the NHL starts again. We saw this in the playoffs.
Well, when the season started, we had Mills, Boulton, and Janssen as our fourth line.

Now, we will likely have Carter-Gionta-Bernier...

I'd expect a PK rotation of Zubrus-Elias, Henrique-Carter, Gionta-Josefson. Not sure about Parse, but he's playing PK in Albany so if he makes the team, add him in there. Last year we didn't have the luxury to use our bottom forwards on the PK unit.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
It was a rip on a poster around here JA#12 or something. The number might be wrong. He posts on the mainboard, and he's a Rangers fan. Only I don't think he loves the Rangers as much as he hates the Devils.

And yes the Semin thing I did on purpose. Good looking out.

Remember it was supposed to be JA posting it!
I have NOOOOO idea who that is but I usually lurk here because you guys are more fun.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:58 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
I have NOOOOO idea who that is but I usually lurk here because you guys are more fun.
Rangers & Devils fans getting along? Mass hysteria...

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Now, we will likely have Carter-Gionta-Bernier...
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is on the 3rd line or if one of Barch, or Janssen is in the lineup most nights. I hope this isn't the case, but unfortauntely it might be.

Aside from that I agree. I would love a PK personnel of Carter, Gionta, Bernier, Josefson, Henrique, and maybe Zajac, and Elias or Zubrus as forwards on the PK. Very limited time for Kovy. Use the PP for the other guys like him, Clarkson, Tedenby, Butler, and Henrique, Zubrus, and Elias can all get PP time.

Also this lockout is causing us to become united with Rangers fans! Of course there is no hockey, and that's what makes us hate each other right?

Old
10-12-2012, 01:27 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Rangers & Devils fans getting along? Mass hysteria...
I am known for causing that. My best friend is a hardcore NJD fan

Old
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Well you'll get along with us great then! Just don't take it seriously if people call Lundqvist, Lundpads, or Mcdonaugh, Mcdonut! We don't mean anything by it! Or at least I don't!

Old
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:48 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Well you'll get along with us great then! Just don't take it seriously if people call Lundqvist, Lundpads, or Mcdonaugh, Mcdonut! We don't mean anything by it! Or at least I don't!
del ****in zero

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I don't mind because its nothing t get mad over lol. But the OT here is way more fun, and you (at least ONE) liked my Post Game report

Old
10-12-2012, 02:00 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
My husband is a Rangers fan and posts on here occasionally.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
My husband is a Rangers fan and posts on here occasionally.
My friend doesn't post on here because she says it is making people dumb.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
del ****in zero
I thought it was Del Zitti?

Quote:
I don't mind because its nothing t get mad over lol. But the OT here is way more fun, and you (at least ONE) liked my Post Game report
It was cool like I said it's better than JA who would have posted something about fatso Marty getting pulled, and Ovy, and Semin(A person of his intelligence would not know Semin is no longer there) how it's 2010/2011 all over again!

I've never seen him post on this board except for when I was searching threads from way back I noticed him making posts. Wonder if he's been banned from here?

Old
10-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
I thought it was Del Zitti?

It was cool like I said it's better than JA who would have posted something about fatso Marty getting pulled, and Ovy, and Semin(A person of his intelligence would not know Semin is no longer there) how it's 2010/2011 all over again!

I've never seen him post on this board except for when I was searching threads from way back I noticed him making posts. Wonder if he's been banned from here?
Haha, I don't even know. 2011 was such a suck season. For me and you both. But yeah, I feel like I am one of the few NYR fans that come here to get along =P

Old
10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Haha, I don't even know. 2011 was such a suck season. For me and you both. But yeah, I feel like I am one of the few NYR fans that come here to get along =P
Hey when there's no hockey season there's really nothing to argue about right? Maybe we can find a middle ground, and bash Luongo?

Old
10-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Hey when there's no hockey season there's really nothing to argue about right? Maybe we can find a middle ground, and bash Luongo?
Lmfao, I take it you saw my post in the MLB

Old
10-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Lmfao, I take it you saw my post in the GDT
Haha actually I didn't until after I posted that!

Man on the topic of him I hope he don't come to Florida. We're historically bad against him. Even all those years in Florida when they weren't any good we still had bad luck against him. I still think we've lost to him every time we played him in Vancouver too. I remember when Marty was having that bad game against Florida in the playoffs, people suggested trading for Luongo if Brodeur retires.

Luongo gave up 8 goals in one game in the SCF, as well as **** himself in game 6 when they had a chance to win the Cup. Luongo is a playoff choke artist. His BRUTAL goaltending in that series won't be forgotten. Not to mention he was pretty bad against the Kings. They still lost with Schneider, but the score was much closer.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Haha actually I didn't until after I posted that!

Man on the topic of him I hope he don't come to Florida. We're historically bad against him. Even all those years in Florida when they weren't any good we still had bad luck against him. I still think we've lost to him every time we played him in Vancouver too. I remember when Marty was having that bad game against Florida in the playoffs, people suggested trading for Luongo if Brodeur retires.

Luongo gave up 8 goals in one game in the SCF, as well as **** himself in game 6 when they had a chance to win the Cup. Luongo is a playoff choke artist. His BRUTAL goaltending in that series won't be forgotten. Not to mention he was pretty bad against the Kings. They still lost with Schneider, but the score was much closer.
Luongo is bad. Very bad in the playoffs. I think in the first 4 or so games of 2012 season, BB(Brian Boyle) scored on him twice or so in a few minutes. Brodeur at 40 ish> Luongo at whatever he is

Old
10-12-2012, 02:45 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Luongo is bad. Very bad in the playoffs. I think in the first 4 or so games of 2012 season, BB(Brian Boyle) scored on him twice or so in a few minutes. Brodeur at 40 ish> Luongo at whatever he is
Haha. Luongo has been pretty good during the regular season, but in the playoffs he's been awful. That game Boston scored 8 on him a lot were very soft goals. It wasn't because ''The team in front of him sucked'' He probably wishes Fleury's suckfest against the Flyers this year came in the SCF so people would forget about his performance.

I remember when Luongo came in the league playing for the Isles. It was very rare to see the big equipment on goaltenders then. Garth Snow, and Lu had the biggest at the time. I remember thinking ''What the **** man why does this guy have to wear all that equipment? He looks like he's going to combat!''