HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From This Morning's Pack Skate In Portland

Old
05-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Dan Hickling

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dan Hickling
From This Morning's Pack Skate In Portland

Guys are ready to get back on the ice in earnest, after three days since their Gm 4 win..."It takes away from the flow of the series," said Pack captain Craig Weller. "Especially after we had a big win in Gm 4. But it was nice to get that little bit of extra rest."

Schoney said that Staal will be back in. I asked who would be coming out, and he said, "I'd have to kill you." He could probably do that with his bare hands. Still, from the looks of things, my guess is Falardeau.

Ryan Callahan is here and skated, but Schoney said it's unlikely he would play this series. Still Callahan said he was jazzed to be here. "There were a few butterflies," he said. "But I knew a few of these guys from camp, and they were great to me.'

Will post more on my blog and pregame....

Dan Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 01:18 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I hope Callahan gets signed and plays. That would be great.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Dan Hickling

The thinking for now is to work Callahan in slowly....with a whopping NINE extra skaters, there's no real need to rush him. Talking this morning with Schoney, he said the plan is to allow all these young guys to grow up together, with hopes that most of them will find their way to MSG....

Old
05-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Nich

we really have done a great job rebuilding. just need that one big scorer really.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 02:03 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hickling
The thinking for now is to work Callahan in slowly....with a whopping NINE extra skaters, there's no real need to rush him. Talking this morning with Schoney, he said the plan is to allow all these young guys to grow up together, with hopes that most of them will find their way to MSG....
The only way to build a Cup contender!

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Sounds like there won't be a ton of promotions to the big club next year to me. I'm fine with that. I expect to see Pock and Immonen as additions from the Pack and not anyone else just yet.

This kind of reminds me of how the Sharks have been building their team for the last 5 or 6 years.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Dan Hickling

Thnk the most interesting promotion (if it were to happen) would be Giroux....Schoney seems to think his time is coming.....whether its for the Blueshirts or someone else (can anyone tell me his contract status?)...

Old
05-11-2006, 02:33 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Thnk the most interesting promotion (if it were to happen) would be Giroux....Schoney seems to think his time is coming.....whether its for the Blueshirts or someone else (can anyone tell me his contract status?)...
Alexandre Giroux will be a group VI(unrestricted) free agent this summer

Quote:
Group VI -- The players marked (VI) qualify for unrestricted free agency, having met the requirements for Group VI free agency. These players, whose contracts have expired, are age 25 or older, have completed three or more professional seasons, and (i) in the case of a player other than a goaltender have played fewer than 80 NHL games (regular-season and playoff), or (ii) in the case of a goaltender have played fewer than 28 NHL games (regular-season and playoff)
Giroux turns 25 next month,has completed more than 3 pro seasons and has played fewer than 80 NHL games

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Dan Hickling

Many thanx...RB..!

Old
05-11-2006, 04:04 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
we really have done a great job rebuilding. just need that one big scorer really.
We have that in JJ, and look what happened. We need these young kids to produce offensively. Prucha cannot do it alone. We need 3-4 kids to get 20 or more.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote