HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

MLD 2012 Mickey Ion Finals: Medicine Hat Tricks vs Winston-Salem Polar Twins

Old
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Third question, how did seventies calculate his rankings when he combined the NHL with the WCHL? IE, when he says "X, Y and Z were better", how does he come to that conclusion? We're fortunate that he is here and can hopefully shed light on this and possibly the other two questions.
completely intuitively, and the results I came to are only shorthand.

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

- I don't see Maxwell having more than 2.5 minutes per game more than once (and it was ~2.5 mins/gm...not anything near what you're claiming), so I'm not sure where that comes from, to be honest. I'd like to see it though.

- I mean, sure, context means a lot in everything. When Maxwell actually did PK, what were the other options? For instance. I'll try to answer on behalf of your inquiry later tonight.

- As for most of the rest, like I said, I'm going to refrain from further comment (unless otherwise provoked) because I don't think it's in the proper spirit of the game. I don't think we see the game the same way at all (not just this series, but maybe hockey in general) - which is fine - but I'll just say I'm extremely confident - so are the voters, evidently - in my club's ability to keep the puck out of the net and to score enough to win games.

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
- I don't see Maxwell having more than 2.5 minutes per game more than once (and it was ~2.5 mins/gm...not anything near what you're claiming), so I'm not sure where that comes from, to be honest. I'd like to see it though.
I just plugged the appropriate numbers into the eTOI formula I linked in the bio. Running them through again just now, I got the same results for total time and PP time, but for the life of me I can't remember where I found Maxwell's SHGA for that season. I assume it would add up the same as the other numbers, but can't verify it off hand.

Quote:
- I mean, sure, context means a lot in everything. When Maxwell actually did PK, what were the other options? For instance. I'll try to answer on behalf of your inquiry later tonight.
It doesn't matter what the other options were if he was successful. His team had PK% of 78.13, league average being 78.09. Again, not a super-stud defensively but I don't see what the problem is with him being on the second PK unit and playing with a defensive-minded partner at ES.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 05:02 PM
seventieslord

Your Mickey Ion Division champion, in 6 games, is Winston Salem!

Stars Of the Series:

1. Brian Campbell
2. Ulf Nilsson
3. Dubbie kerr
4. Bronco Horvath
5. Patrice Bergeron

Old
10-12-2012, 05:33 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Should've been 7. Good series, Mike.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 05:33 PM
overpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
The only problem with that statement is, practically every Flyer center has had that claim made against them and it can't be true about all of them. I choose to believe Clark was that guy, as the evidence points the most strongly in that direction.
If you ever want to figure out Clarke's matchups for 74-75 and 75-76, that could brought done easily. Just look up which opposing centres were scoring points at ES against the Flyers. If they were scoring ES points then they weren't playing against Clarke.

overpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 05:34 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
If you ever want to figure out Clarke's matchups for 74-75 and 75-76, that could brought done easily. Just look up which opposing centres were scoring points at ES against the Flyers. If they were scoring ES points then they weren't playing against Clarke.
LOL! Good point!

Old
10-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Should've been 7. Good series, Mike.
Great job, tarheel! Good discussion all around. I'm happy to make it as far as I did and best of luck, tarheel, in the Final.

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 07:39 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Two really good teams. In the end, it looks like Winston-Salem's scoring depth won out over Medicine Hat's dangerous first unit and team defense.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 10-12-2012 at 07:44 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote