HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2012, 05:01 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
I'm disappointed they didn't give Mrazek a game in the pre-season, that's the least they could've done. Because let's be honest, McCollum has really not deserved the AHL gig and Pearce was just as big a trainwreck last season. But as long as Mrazek gets the same goalie training and guidance in Toledo it will be fine, that's the most important thing. A game is a game for a goalie.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
So what will be the lineup ?

Nyquist - Andersson - ???
Tatar - ??? - Jurco
??? - Aubry - ???
Grant - Raedeke - Callahan

Hoggan, Pare, Sheahan, Ferraro, Parkes

Paetsch - Smith
???? - Almquist
Lashoff - Nicastro

Evans, Fournier, Billins

Pearce
McCollum

Old
10-09-2012, 05:14 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
So what will be the lineup ?

Nyquist - Andersson - Pare
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Ferraro- Aubry - Hoggan
Grant - Raedeke - Callahan

Hoggan, Pare, Sheahan, Ferraro, Parkes

Paetsch - Smith
Lashoff - Almquist
Evans - Nicastro

Evans, Fournier, Billins

Pearce
McCollum
Something like that probably.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:46 AM
griffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Surprised no D-man is on that list, would have thought they would need one for numbers.
There is no limit on the number of players on AHL rosters until around the NHL trading deadline. GR generally keeps a couple extra bodies the first week or two of the season.

I would expect one or both of Fournier/Billins to be sent down soon.

Old
10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I'm disappointed they didn't give Mrazek a game in the pre-season, that's the least they could've done. Because let's be honest, McCollum has really not deserved the AHL gig and Pearce was just as big a trainwreck last season. But as long as Mrazek gets the same goalie training and guidance in Toledo it will be fine, that's the most important thing. A game is a game for a goalie.
Pearce was much better then Mcollum last year. Theyre probably gonna end up with Mcollum in the ECHL sooner then later but are allowing Mrazek some adjustment period from junior to the pros
Quote:
Something like that probably.
Yeah that line up looks about right, not sure where Hoggan should be placed but third line is probably about right. Its also hard to adjust how big of a step forward some young guys have taken, for all we know someone like Ferraro could be ready to beat out Pare in the top 6

Old
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Pearce was much better then Mcollum last year. Theyre probably gonna end up with Mcollum in the ECHL sooner then later but are allowing Mrazek some adjustment period from junior to the pros

Yeah that line up looks about right, not sure where Hoggan should be placed but third line is probably about right. Its also hard to adjust how big of a step forward some young guys have taken, for all we know someone like Ferraro could be ready to beat out Pare in the top 6
I thought Pearce was getting lit up pretty badly too. When Mac and later Conklin played it was much different. Anyway, they better step it up this year, it's gonna be needed.

Definitely sounds like Ferraro had a strong pre-season. We don't know how Jurco will tackle his first pro season either. One option is to go with Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar and then have close to interchangeable 2nd and 3rd lines.

Old
10-12-2012, 07:50 AM
griffs

According to the local paper

Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar will start out together. Pearce starting tonight. No word on the rest of the lineup.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Filppula
Jurks

So pumped for the Griffins season opener tonight!

I also liked hearing this...

Quote:
Among the other holdovers, Blashill has been intrigued by the development of Louis-Marc Aubry, a second-year center who has size (6-4, 204 pounds) while Mitch Callahan will be watched to see what the second-year physical forward can do when healthy a full season.
He'd better not be on the 4th line.

Old
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
drumnj

Send a message via AIM to drumnj Send a message via MSN to drumnj Send a message via Yahoo to drumnj
Well, it may not be the NHL...but at least we get to watch some hockey.
Although I won't be around for the game since I'll be driving

Old
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Harnessed in Slums

I will definitely pay closer attention to the Griffins this year, looking forward to the season opener!

Old
10-12-2012, 01:44 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post

Theres a lot of center depth so he probably will be, but if hes effective he could get plenty of playing time. He'll also probably be one of the top PKers. If he really took a step forward in his development though maybe he beats out Raedeke for the third line center spot. I dont see him having a chance with beating out Andersson or Sheahan though.

I actually would like him to play with Callahan because it brings out Aubrys physical side and theyll also likely play together in the NHL if all goes well

Old
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Hopefully I find a stream for tonight's game. Any hockey is fine with me. Excited to see Nyquist and Jurco work their magic.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post

Does not sound like Blashill plans on using him in a small role from the interviews I have seen. My feeling is he and Sheahan are in a battle for that second line spot. Both should see plenty of ice time, Raedeke looks to be the #4 center this year.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
I thought Pearce was getting lit up pretty badly too. When Mac and later Conklin played it was much different. Anyway, they better step it up this year, it's gonna be needed.

Definitely sounds like Ferraro had a strong pre-season. We don't know how Jurco will tackle his first pro season either. One option is to go with Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar and then have close to interchangeable 2nd and 3rd lines.
In my opinion Pearce was the worst goalie on the team last year. Both he and McCollum were pretty awful, McCollum did have a nice stretch in February and March for a little bit, that is why I think Pearce was worse. With how competitive the AHL is going to be this year this is both guys last chance but if they stumble out of the blocks, I think Mrazek will get the opportunity because of both guys in front of him having very poor seasons last year.

Old
10-12-2012, 02:51 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Hopefully I find a stream for tonight's game. Any hockey is fine with me. Excited to see Nyquist and Jurco work their magic.
Do you think there will be a stream? Is that common? I hope so and would enjoy a GDT if we can all watch it together.

Old
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
joe89

For those who don't want to pay up for AHL Live and don't have a redwingslive acc, hockeystreams.com will be carrying AHL games this season and they broadcast the griffins tonight. They also show a ton of CHL games.

Old
10-12-2012, 04:00 PM
joe89

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/2012/1...nkings-week-1/ Griffins goalie situation ranked last going into the season. Hard to argue with, but hopefully they can surprise.

Old
10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
ChadS

Quote:
For those who don't want to pay up for AHL Live and don't have a redwingslive acc, hockeystreams.com will be carrying AHL games this season and they broadcast the griffins tonight. They also show a ton of CHL games.
Is this free? Should watch some CHL-hockey at some point...

Old
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Is this free? Should watch some CHL-hockey at some point...
Apparently it's 7.99 a day or 99.99 a year. Sometimes they show free streams. **** that noise. RWlive it is.

Old
10-12-2012, 04:41 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Apparently it's 7.99 a day or 99.99 a year. Sometimes they show free streams. **** that noise. RWlive it is.
Any passwords for redwings live?

Wow. THe Hfboards advertisements are getting really effin' annoying.

Old
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post

You need to register. I think registrations are closed though. And people who distribute passwords are banned, so not going to risk that. I'll try to ask one of the mods or the owner to open registrations or something.

Old
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post

Check PM

Old
10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Agree with you, but 99.99 is a pretty good deal considering what those leagues want for individual packages. So I will say that I think all of the juniors are over 200 as is the AHL so if you had the money it would make sense. It will be interesting to see over at RWlive what he does when the lockout ends. Right now he doesn't have an FSD feed anymore. Would love to help but I don't live in the area anymore, which is a part of why I became a member to begin with. That and the Griffins broadcasts, pretty pumped for the game tonight.

Old
10-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Bills09

any streams other than ahl live for tonights game?

Old
10-12-2012, 06:11 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Agree with you, but 99.99 is a pretty good deal considering what those leagues want for individual packages. So I will say that I think all of the juniors are over 200 as is the AHL so if you had the money it would make sense. It will be interesting to see over at RWlive what he does when the lockout ends. Right now he doesn't have an FSD feed anymore. Would love to help but I don't live in the area anymore, which is a part of why I became a member to begin with. That and the Griffins broadcasts, pretty pumped for the game tonight.
Yeah they might not broadcast every game you want but try to buy the internet subscriptions one by one for those leagues and you quickly realize how "cheap" it is, assuming you're interested. They take the streams straight from those soruces, so the quality is the same. I took 6 months, that should cover to mid April.

Closed Thread