HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2012, 05:01 PM
  #101
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,777
vCash: 500
I'm disappointed they didn't give Mrazek a game in the pre-season, that's the least they could've done. Because let's be honest, McCollum has really not deserved the AHL gig and Pearce was just as big a trainwreck last season. But as long as Mrazek gets the same goalie training and guidance in Toledo it will be fine, that's the most important thing. A game is a game for a goalie.

joe89 is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
  #102
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,854
vCash: 528
So what will be the lineup ?

Nyquist - Andersson - ???
Tatar - ??? - Jurco
??? - Aubry - ???
Grant - Raedeke - Callahan

Hoggan, Pare, Sheahan, Ferraro, Parkes

Paetsch - Smith
???? - Almquist
Lashoff - Nicastro

Evans, Fournier, Billins

Pearce
McCollum

Henkka is online now  
Old
10-09-2012, 05:14 PM
  #103
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
So what will be the lineup ?

Nyquist - Andersson - Pare
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Ferraro- Aubry - Hoggan
Grant - Raedeke - Callahan

Hoggan, Pare, Sheahan, Ferraro, Parkes

Paetsch - Smith
Lashoff - Almquist
Evans - Nicastro

Evans, Fournier, Billins

Pearce
McCollum
Something like that probably.

joe89 is online now  
Old
10-10-2012, 07:46 AM
  #104
griffs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Surprised no D-man is on that list, would have thought they would need one for numbers.
There is no limit on the number of players on AHL rosters until around the NHL trading deadline. GR generally keeps a couple extra bodies the first week or two of the season.

I would expect one or both of Fournier/Billins to be sent down soon.

griffs is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
  #105
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I'm disappointed they didn't give Mrazek a game in the pre-season, that's the least they could've done. Because let's be honest, McCollum has really not deserved the AHL gig and Pearce was just as big a trainwreck last season. But as long as Mrazek gets the same goalie training and guidance in Toledo it will be fine, that's the most important thing. A game is a game for a goalie.
Pearce was much better then Mcollum last year. Theyre probably gonna end up with Mcollum in the ECHL sooner then later but are allowing Mrazek some adjustment period from junior to the pros
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Something like that probably.
Yeah that line up looks about right, not sure where Hoggan should be placed but third line is probably about right. Its also hard to adjust how big of a step forward some young guys have taken, for all we know someone like Ferraro could be ready to beat out Pare in the top 6

newfy is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
  #106
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Pearce was much better then Mcollum last year. Theyre probably gonna end up with Mcollum in the ECHL sooner then later but are allowing Mrazek some adjustment period from junior to the pros


Yeah that line up looks about right, not sure where Hoggan should be placed but third line is probably about right. Its also hard to adjust how big of a step forward some young guys have taken, for all we know someone like Ferraro could be ready to beat out Pare in the top 6
I thought Pearce was getting lit up pretty badly too. When Mac and later Conklin played it was much different. Anyway, they better step it up this year, it's gonna be needed.

Definitely sounds like Ferraro had a strong pre-season. We don't know how Jurco will tackle his first pro season either. One option is to go with Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar and then have close to interchangeable 2nd and 3rd lines.

joe89 is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 07:50 AM
  #107
griffs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
According to the local paper

Nyquist, Andersson, Tatar will start out together. Pearce starting tonight. No word on the rest of the lineup.

griffs is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 09:15 AM
  #108
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,545
vCash: 500
So pumped for the Griffins season opener tonight!

I also liked hearing this...

Quote:
Among the other holdovers, Blashill has been intrigued by the development of Louis-Marc Aubry, a second-year center who has size (6-4, 204 pounds) while Mitch Callahan will be watched to see what the second-year physical forward can do when healthy a full season.
He'd better not be on the 4th line.

Filppula is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
  #109
drumnj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IA
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to drumnj Send a message via MSN to drumnj Send a message via Yahoo to drumnj
Well, it may not be the NHL...but at least we get to watch some hockey.
Although I won't be around for the game since I'll be driving

drumnj is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
  #110
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,368
vCash: 500
I will definitely pay closer attention to the Griffins this year, looking forward to the season opener!

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:44 PM
  #111
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
So pumped for the Griffins season opener tonight!

I also liked hearing this...



He'd better not be on the 4th line.
Theres a lot of center depth so he probably will be, but if hes effective he could get plenty of playing time. He'll also probably be one of the top PKers. If he really took a step forward in his development though maybe he beats out Raedeke for the third line center spot. I dont see him having a chance with beating out Andersson or Sheahan though.

I actually would like him to play with Callahan because it brings out Aubrys physical side and theyll also likely play together in the NHL if all goes well

newfy is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
  #112
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,552
vCash: 500
Hopefully I find a stream for tonight's game. Any hockey is fine with me. Excited to see Nyquist and Jurco work their magic.

ProPAIN is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
  #113
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,674
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
So pumped for the Griffins season opener tonight!

I also liked hearing this...



He'd better not be on the 4th line.
Does not sound like Blashill plans on using him in a small role from the interviews I have seen. My feeling is he and Sheahan are in a battle for that second line spot. Both should see plenty of ice time, Raedeke looks to be the #4 center this year.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
  #114
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,674
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I thought Pearce was getting lit up pretty badly too. When Mac and later Conklin played it was much different. Anyway, they better step it up this year, it's gonna be needed.

Definitely sounds like Ferraro had a strong pre-season. We don't know how Jurco will tackle his first pro season either. One option is to go with Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar and then have close to interchangeable 2nd and 3rd lines.
In my opinion Pearce was the worst goalie on the team last year. Both he and McCollum were pretty awful, McCollum did have a nice stretch in February and March for a little bit, that is why I think Pearce was worse. With how competitive the AHL is going to be this year this is both guys last chance but if they stumble out of the blocks, I think Mrazek will get the opportunity because of both guys in front of him having very poor seasons last year.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 02:51 PM
  #115
hockeyisforeveryone
Registered User
 
hockeyisforeveryone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Hopefully I find a stream for tonight's game. Any hockey is fine with me. Excited to see Nyquist and Jurco work their magic.
Do you think there will be a stream? Is that common? I hope so and would enjoy a GDT if we can all watch it together.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
  #116
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,777
vCash: 500
For those who don't want to pay up for AHL Live and don't have a redwingslive acc, hockeystreams.com will be carrying AHL games this season and they broadcast the griffins tonight. They also show a ton of CHL games.

joe89 is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 04:00 PM
  #117
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,777
vCash: 500
http://www.thegoalieguild.com/2012/1...nkings-week-1/ Griffins goalie situation ranked last going into the season. Hard to argue with, but hopefully they can surprise.

joe89 is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
  #118
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
For those who don't want to pay up for AHL Live and don't have a redwingslive acc, hockeystreams.com will be carrying AHL games this season and they broadcast the griffins tonight. They also show a ton of CHL games.
Is this free? Should watch some CHL-hockey at some point...

ChadS is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
  #119
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Is this free? Should watch some CHL-hockey at some point...
Apparently it's 7.99 a day or 99.99 a year. Sometimes they show free streams. **** that noise. RWlive it is.

ProPAIN is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 04:41 PM
  #120
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Apparently it's 7.99 a day or 99.99 a year. Sometimes they show free streams. **** that noise. RWlive it is.
Any passwords for redwings live?

Wow. THe Hfboards advertisements are getting really effin' annoying.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 05:07 PM
  #121
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Any passwords for redwings live?

Wow. THe Hfboards advertisements are getting really effin' annoying.
You need to register. I think registrations are closed though. And people who distribute passwords are banned, so not going to risk that. I'll try to ask one of the mods or the owner to open registrations or something.

ProPAIN is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 05:10 PM
  #122
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 11,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Any passwords for redwings live?

Wow. THe Hfboards advertisements are getting really effin' annoying.
Check PM

ProPAIN is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 05:23 PM
  #123
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,674
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Apparently it's 7.99 a day or 99.99 a year. Sometimes they show free streams. **** that noise. RWlive it is.
Agree with you, but 99.99 is a pretty good deal considering what those leagues want for individual packages. So I will say that I think all of the juniors are over 200 as is the AHL so if you had the money it would make sense. It will be interesting to see over at RWlive what he does when the lockout ends. Right now he doesn't have an FSD feed anymore. Would love to help but I don't live in the area anymore, which is a part of why I became a member to begin with. That and the Griffins broadcasts, pretty pumped for the game tonight.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 05:52 PM
  #124
Bills09
Registered User
 
Bills09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,649
vCash: 500
any streams other than ahl live for tonights game?

Bills09 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 06:11 PM
  #125
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Agree with you, but 99.99 is a pretty good deal considering what those leagues want for individual packages. So I will say that I think all of the juniors are over 200 as is the AHL so if you had the money it would make sense. It will be interesting to see over at RWlive what he does when the lockout ends. Right now he doesn't have an FSD feed anymore. Would love to help but I don't live in the area anymore, which is a part of why I became a member to begin with. That and the Griffins broadcasts, pretty pumped for the game tonight.
Yeah they might not broadcast every game you want but try to buy the internet subscriptions one by one for those leagues and you quickly realize how "cheap" it is, assuming you're interested. They take the streams straight from those soruces, so the quality is the same. I took 6 months, that should cover to mid April.

joe89 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.