HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL regular season games in New York?

Old
10-12-2012, 01:28 PM
tohaa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
the leafs are an odd situation no doubt about that and if you think the players coast in the nhl but try in the khl you're just letting your bias show.

the NHL has no interesting in playing the KHL cause they have nothing to gain from it, can't blame them for that, that's the reality of the situation.

Also I'm not really sure what the WC's have proven... Russia has been a close to full strength team and Canada has been a B or C team the last few years

I looked at the Omsk roster, Aside from Frolov and Roman Cervenka I don't see anyone I'd consider that special.
Cervenka is not there anymore, and Flrolov has been disappointing since moving to KHL. However, if you look past the name, and former NHL affiliation, actually watch a game - you'll be impressed by the likes of Perezhogin, Popov, Belov, Zaborsky, Ramo. Omsk is one of 5 or 6 KHL teams that is totally on par with some of the better NHL teams. A team like Donbass, however, would not stand a chance against Columbus - that much is true. There is a lot more disparity among KHL teams than NHL teams.

tohaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohaa View Post
Cervenka is not there anymore, and Flrolov has been disappointing since moving to KHL. However, if you look past the name, and former NHL affiliation, actually watch a game - you'll be impressed by the likes of Perezhogin, Popov, Belov, Zaborsky, Ramo. Omsk is one of 5 or 6 KHL teams that is totally on par with some of the better NHL teams. A team like Donbass, however, would not stand a chance against Columbus - that much is true. There is a lot more disparity among KHL teams than NHL teams.
From what I've seen this season (a pretty good amount), I think the only team that would have a chance to do OK in the NHL would be SKA. Avangard is not that great of a team, I think they'd get beat by Columbus quite handily.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 03:36 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
From what I've seen this season (a pretty good amount), I think the only team that would have a chance to do OK in the NHL would be SKA. Avangard is not that great of a team, I think they'd get beat by Columbus quite handily.
Totaly agree about Avangard. Last year they were really pretty good but without Cervenka, Averin and Kalyuzhnyi they are not a VERY good team even by KHL standarts.

However I disagree about SKA being the only team to do OK. There's not much sense in comparing KHL and NHL teams but Ak Bars, Dynamo Moscow, Traktor are as good as SKA without Kovy and Tarasenko.

SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Totaly agree about Avangard. Last year they were really pretty good but without Cervenka, Averin and Kalyuzhnyi they are not a VERY good team even by KHL standarts.

However I disagree about SKA being the only team to do OK. There's not much sense in comparing KHL and NHL teams but Ak Bars, Dynamo Moscow, Traktor are as good as SKA without Kovy and Tarasenko.
I'm not sold on Moscow Dynamo yet. I feel like they're relying a lot on their goalie. But I've only seen them a couple times, so take that with a grain of salt.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote