HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Youtube Idiots. Backhanders.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2012, 08:37 PM
  #1
Dats13DET
Registered User
 
Dats13DET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Youtube Idiots. Backhanders.

Hey guys, I was on youtube last week and there was this guy who I was discussing the topic of Who has the best backhand in the league or who are in an elite group of their own. As a Wings fan, I took Datsyuk and the simple fact that I think his BHAND may be a little bit better than Sid's. There was this Pens fan who obviously took Crosby. He just claims Crosby's is far and way ahead of anyone else and Datsyuk's backhands are weak and powerless.

Me and him have been having an argument over the past while on who has a better backhand shot. All he's doing is firing insults at me to cover up his lack of facts. I told him of two sources on these boards that say Crosby's Backhand = Datsyuk's filled with poster comments that either agree, take Datsyuk or take crosby. It's pretty even. I consider this the public opinion. It's the only legitimate way to get an answer on which is better. He just continues to fire insults and be a typical 12 year old Pens fan. He also says that everybody thinks crosby's is better but refuses to listen to any reason.

Now, I'm asking what I should do. Should I just stop posting and let him think he's won and let him go on being an idiot? It's starting to seem like a huge waste of time to me now since there is no reasoning with this guy. Should I just make one more huge post to end everything and than just block him? Advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4xpgdsX3WY

Btw, This is the video link. The argument is in the comments, I'm TheVtotheROC. It seems as if I set myself up to deal with mindless fools because of the video title, don't you think?

Dats13DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:43 PM
  #2
irishock
In the sunset
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 331
vCash: 50
Get off Youtube.

irishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:46 PM
  #3
Frk It
#Snipequist
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dats13DET View Post
Hey guys, I was on youtube last week and there was this guy who I was discussing the topic of Who has the best backhand in the league or who are in an elite group of their own. As a Wings fan, I took Datsyuk and the simple fact that I think his BHAND may be a little bit better than Sid's. There was this Pens fan who obviously took Crosby. He just claims Crosby's is far and way ahead of anyone else and Datsyuk's backhands are weak and powerless.

Me and him have been having an argument over the past while on who has a better backhand shot. All he's doing is firing insults at me to cover up his lack of facts. I told him of two sources on these boards that say Crosby's Backhand = Datsyuk's filled with poster comments that either agree, take Datsyuk or take crosby. It's pretty even. I consider this the public opinion. It's the only legitimate way to get an answer on which is better. He just continues to fire insults and be a typical 12 year old Pens fan. He also says that everybody thinks crosby's is better but refuses to listen to any reason.

Now, I'm asking what I should do. Should I just stop posting and let him think he's won and let him go on being an idiot? It's starting to seem like a huge waste of time to me now since there is no reasoning with this guy. Should I just make one more huge post to end everything and than just block him? Advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4xpgdsX3WY

Btw, This is the video link. The argument is in the comments, I'm TheVtotheROC. It seems as if I set myself up to deal with mindless fools because of the video title, don't you think?
I'd say Zetterberg may have a better backhand than Datsyuk, to be honest. Both of them are real good on their backhand though. Sid's got a great backhand as well. As far as determining whose is best, that's pretty much impossible to prove. Most people will probably take Crosby's side off of reputation alone, but the guy does have a nasty backhand with that flat blade of his. You can find really pretty backhand goals from all 3 of these guys in their highlight videos.

Don't think any of these guys are as good as Kariya was with his backhand, but that's just me.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 09:49 PM
  #4
Ozz
Registered User
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Well you're right. Idiots are all over the Youtube comments.


Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
  #5
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I'd say Zetterberg may have a better backhand than Datsyuk, to be honest. Both of them are real good on their backhand though. Sid's got a great backhand as well. As far as determining whose is best, that's pretty much impossible to prove. Most people will probably take Crosby's side off of reputation alone, but the guy does have a nasty backhand with that flat blade of his. You can find really pretty backhand goals from all 3 of these guys in their highlight videos.

Don't think any of these guys are as good as Kariya was with his backhand, but that's just me.

I would have said that until about the last two years, when Datsyuk scored a couple jaw dropping backhands. I wouldn't really say one guy is better than the other

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 10:39 PM
  #6
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Sounds like you're both idiots. Him for thinking Crosby is far and away better and you for getting so worked up about someone having a differing opinion on the internet. Heaven forbid.

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 10:58 PM
  #7
Dats13DET
Registered User
 
Dats13DET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Sounds like you're both idiots. Him for thinking Crosby is far and away better and you for getting so worked up about someone having a differing opinion on the internet. Heaven forbid.
Well you kind of have to when someone has an opinion as stupid as his. Nobody calls Datsyuk's backhand powerless + weak and gets away with it.

Dats13DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 12:17 AM
  #8
jaster
glendeningforcaptain
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,030
vCash: 500
Mother of god. Lockout, please end.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 01:31 AM
  #9
jroc86
Registered User
 
jroc86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Firstly ... as much as I hate Crosby - I have no problem admitting skill for skill outside of Datsyuk in a few things (faceoffs, puck protection, 1 on 1 dangles and backhands) he is the best player in the NHL.

But ... unless fairy-boy accepts an Ales Hesmky 'esque perimter (75-85pt/yr) role long term his brain (which has the resistance of a bruised peach) will quit on him a decade before his body does. Toews in the same boat - although I hope he is OK because I want him to be Canadas captain at 2014 - not duster-queer.

Crosby is a great atthete and hockey player. But ...theres a reason theres dissention in the Pens locker room... he's a d-bag who lifts weights, bang escorts (all over 30 - **** fetish) and plays vids all day and has poor relationships with his team - notably Malkin.

Not point insulting Corsby here - ill get all the satisfaction I need the next time a Chara/Phaneuf/Kronwall/Murray/Bieksa/Tootoo/Eager plants him and rattles that fragile kinder-suprise he calls a skull.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 02:11 AM
  #10
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Firstly ... as much as I hate Crosby - I have no problem admitting skill for skill outside of Datsyuk in a few things (faceoffs, puck protection, 1 on 1 dangles and backhands) he is the best player in the NHL.

But ... unless fairy-boy accepts an Ales Hesmky 'esque perimter (75-85pt/yr) role long term his brain (which has the resistance of a bruised peach) will quit on him a decade before his body does. Toews in the same boat - although I hope he is OK because I want him to be Canadas captain at 2014 - not duster-queer.

Crosby is a great atthete and hockey player. But ...theres a reason theres dissention in the Pens locker room... he's a d-bag who lifts weights, bang escorts (all over 30 - **** fetish) and plays vids all day and has poor relationships with his team - notably Malkin.

Not point insulting Corsby here - ill get all the satisfaction I need the next time a Chara/Phaneuf/Kronwall/Murray/Bieksa/Tootoo/Eager plants him and rattles that fragile kinder-suprise he calls a skull.
Drinking tonight, are we?

I disliked Crosby for a long time.
I disliked him as a know-it-all rookie, trying to lead veterans like Mark Recchi
I disliked him during the cup finals in 08 and 09.
I dislike the diving and the antics
I wanted anyone but him to score Canada's winning goal

All that said... I respect how much this guy wants to win.
I hope he gets his career on track and has a great career and loses to the Red Wings everytime he's plays them

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 02:51 AM
  #11
jroc86
Registered User
 
jroc86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Drinking tonight, are we?

I disliked Crosby for a long time.
I disliked him as a know-it-all rookie, trying to lead veterans like Mark Recchi
I disliked him during the cup finals in 08 and 09.
I dislike the diving and the antics
I wanted anyone but him to score Canada's winning goal

All that said... I respect how much this guy wants to win.
I hope he gets his career on track and has a great career and loses to the Red Wings everytime he's plays them
I'm not implying that I'm calling for a premature end to a career. I just want to see him get f'ing smoked with an ESPN quality HL of the night bone rattling hit just to see where he stands ...

And yeah, I have been drinking - heavily lol.

And despite being Canadian, the first thing I said after a good 10 seconds flail-show celebration following the "golden goal" was (exasperated tone) "****k, anyone but him". Paint me unpatriotic - but I wish that someone who actually made an impact during the tournament (Toews, Getzlaf, Perry, Nash, Thornton, Pronger, Neidermyer, Keith) buried that. Much like the 09 finals he was largely neutralized and essentially ineffective but the mainstream media loves to make it seem like every team he plays on that wins essentially does it because he throws them on his back and drags them across the finish line which is really far from the truth. He played on an utterly stacked WJC team, a stacked Olympic team, and he was 2nd banana to Malkin in 09'.

bahh. the troll has won again. Mod kill this thread please

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 08:33 AM
  #12
Vyacheslav
Subdue the East
 
Vyacheslav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Jackson, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 13,666
vCash: 541
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dats13DET View Post
Well you kind of have to when someone has an opinion as stupid as his. Nobody calls Datsyuk's backhand powerless + weak and gets away with it.
He's trolling you hardcore and you're being a very good lolcow. I'd suggest not replying.

Vyacheslav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 09:53 AM
  #13
Ozz
Registered User
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 6,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
I'm not implying that I'm calling for a premature end to a career. I just want to see him get f'ing smoked with an ESPN quality HL of the night bone rattling hit just to see where he stands ...

And yeah, I have been drinking - heavily lol.

And despite being Canadian, the first thing I said after a good 10 seconds flail-show celebration following the "golden goal" was (exasperated tone) "****k, anyone but him". Paint me unpatriotic - but I wish that someone who actually made an impact during the tournament (Toews, Getzlaf, Perry, Nash, Thornton, Pronger, Neidermyer, Keith) buried that.
Seems to me Crosby had quite an impact. He was the one who buried the game-winner whether you like it or not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Much like the 09 finals he was largely neutralized and essentially ineffective but the mainstream media loves to make it seem like every team he plays on that wins essentially does it because he throws them on his back and drags them across the finish line which is really far from the truth. He played on an utterly stacked WJC team, a stacked Olympic team, and he was 2nd banana to Malkin in 09'.

He had what, 2 total points less than Malkin in the playoffs? Talk about being useless Not to mention how he occupies the time of the other team's best players so they're also scoring less, and so forth.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 10:43 AM
  #14
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Seems to me Crosby had quite an impact. He was the one who buried the game-winner whether you like it or not.



I give full credit to Rafalski.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 01:27 PM
  #15
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Mother of god. Lockout, please end.
This.

SoupNazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 02:31 PM
  #16
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
I give full credit to Rafalski.
The best thing about that goal was that it was Rafalski's fault.

Rafalski, who acted like he'd won the gold medal when USA beat Canada in the round robin tournament, got his just desserts

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 03:12 PM
  #17
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,101
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Drinking tonight, are we?

I disliked Crosby for a long time.
I disliked him as a know-it-all rookie, trying to lead veterans like Mark Recchi
I disliked him during the cup finals in 08 and 09.
I dislike the diving and the antics
I wanted anyone but him to score Canada's winning goal

All that said... I respect how much this guy wants to win.
I hope he gets his career on track and has a great career and loses to the Red Wings everytime he's plays them
This. Very well said CB.

I actually think Z has the best backhand and goes to it the most. Crosby and Datsyuk have great backhands, really all three are so impressive as passers before accounting for shots. However, Z uses his backhand the most as a weapon, he goes to it more often than the other two in my opinion.

Eberle and Skinner jump out as younger guys. People that use the flat blade are much better at using it to pass and shoot. In particular I think Eberle enters this conversation in a big way.

Marty St. Louis has always jumped out at me for this also.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 06:57 PM
  #18
Brick Top
I love goooold!
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
I give full credit to Rafalski.
No joke- for all of his offensive production in those Olympics, I'll always remember him letting Crosby off the wall as symbolic of how badly his defense slipped over the last few years in Detroit.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 08:28 AM
  #19
Bench
Moderator
urban sombrero
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monk's
Posts: 6,197
vCash: 500
First rule of Youtube...
Don't read the comments.
Second rule of Youtube...
Don't read the comments.

There are no other rules.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.