HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Bandaid Deals Please

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Admitedly, I viewed them as relating to the the building process of a franchise since I saw Mcphee's post in that light.

If you were referring to this summer only and our path until October you may be right, a little shortsighted, but acurate nonetheless.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions.
Look, it's possible for Gainey to make a major acquisition in a trade, but the odds are he won't. I also don't think he'll go for someone as big as Redden or Chara as UFAs. I'm sure he'll try to improve the team with less than blockbuster moves. Raeching true contender status will take time.

Old
05-11-2006, 04:17 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Their silence is revealing, but perhaps you know of some who are hot for Ribeiro.
Yes, because you always hear GM commenting on how they would love X or Y player... Great plan there, tell the opposing GM that you would love to have player X and see his price go up... Yep, great thinking there, that's why they do it all the time. At the deadline, BG was constantly giving interviews about how he is trying to trade for X and Y... Yeah, silence in fact is revealing, as GMs always talk what is on their minds...

I don't know any who are hot for Ribeiro, but I know that you don't know any who dislike him either.

Old
05-11-2006, 04:19 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Look, it's possible for Gainey to make a major acquisition in a trade, but the odds are he won't. I also don't think he'll go for someone as big as Redden or Chara as UFAs. I'm sure he'll try to improve the team with less than blockbuster moves. Raeching true contender status will take time.

Hey, for once I was agreeing with you. I was thinking mid-term while you were discussing short term fixes or our lack thereof.
In that sense I agree it will take time and a bit of luck couldn't hurt.

Closed Thread