HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 05:28 AM
alanschu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherOilersFan View Post
Seconding this, especially the unforgiving part, but the game is very rewarding to thinking outside the box and being adaptable. It's like playing a modern game of chess.

I just lost two of my best assault troopers in one mission. Definitely making the next few tough as I work on two new guys
I was playing Classic Ironman and was doing okay but was never able to get any engineers which pretty much prevented me from building any useful equipment.

Had a few false starts with more Classic difficult, then eventually went with Classic Normal and have been doing a lot better (the strategic campaign is where I notice most of the difficulty reduction).

I have gone to bed at pretty much 4 AM every day this week since it's been released.

It's easily the best game I've played this year.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Humanity is the easiest farm in the game.

Just put on the Covetous Gold Ring and repeatedly kill rats in the sewers.
Ahh..it's my first time playing. Didn't know about any ring like that. I'll have to check it out I guess. Thanks for the info.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:19 AM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

I have my credit card recently paid off so Im ready to do some obsessive compulsive vgame shopping but dont wanna leave my house today..
Any good games to download on PS3?

I'd prefer.Xbox but dont have XboxLive

Old
10-13-2012, 02:57 PM
ThePresent83

Walking Dead Ep. 4 is now available for download.

Also, I would STRONGLY recommend Dishonored for single player gamers. Combines some of the best elements of Bioshock and Deus Ex. If you liked either of these games, Dishonored is likely worth playing

Old
10-14-2012, 04:57 PM
AnotherOilersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
I was playing Classic Ironman and was doing okay but was never able to get any engineers which pretty much prevented me from building any useful equipment.

Had a few false starts with more Classic difficult, then eventually went with Classic Normal and have been doing a lot better (the strategic campaign is where I notice most of the difficulty reduction).

I have gone to bed at pretty much 4 AM every day this week since it's been released.

It's easily the best game I've played this year.
aye.. it can be hard to stop 3-4 of the countries from leaving at the beginning, especially without the extra satellite from the tutorial. This is my first time playing the tactical Turn based squad game, ironman is a little to hardcore for me yet!

Old
10-14-2012, 06:33 PM
ozhenson

I just wrapped up Xcom. I played 95% of the game on Classic mode, but the final encounter of the final mission was so ridiculously impossible for me that I had to ratchet the game down to normal.

Absolutely amazing game, and the only competition it has for game of the year this year in my books is FTL and Walking Dead(assuming the last 2 episodes are as quality as the first 3).

Now I sit on my hands and wait for my copy of Dishonored to be delivered.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePresent83 View Post
Walking Dead Ep. 4 is now available for download.

Also, I would STRONGLY recommend Dishonored for single player gamers. Combines some of the best elements of Bioshock and Deus Ex. If you liked either of these games, Dishonored is likely worth playing
TWD episode 4 was amazing, best episode yet.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:45 PM
ozhenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
TWD episode 4 was amazing, best episode yet.
I still like episode 2 best, but that is more from a popcorn and a couple beers angle.

When it comes to character drama and absurd choices this series continues to escalate. It could just be me being a dumb kid without alot of nostalgia for classic point and click adventure games, but this has to be considered among the best ever.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

It's no Leisure Suit Larry...

Old
10-15-2012, 12:56 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFINITEone View Post
I have played, and am currently playing Dishonored now. On my second playthrough. This game demands to be played multiple times. Great gameplay. Great art style. Great Setting. Has a Bioshock meets Half-Life 2 meets Deus Ex:HR feel to it. I love the freedom and the amount of different ways I have to get to and kill(or not kill) my targets. First playthrough I killed everything in sight, and now I'm trying to finish it without killing a single person... Much tougher this way. Great fun though. Definitely recommend.
thanks for that
I've heard great things about this game so i think I'll pick this one up

Old
10-29-2012, 11:29 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

Anybody going to the midnight release for AC3?

Old
10-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Jamin

Anyone getting Halo 4 and if so the 60 buck or 100 buck version. Im torn which too get

Old
10-30-2012, 07:07 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 1338
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Anybody going to the midnight release for AC3?
I'll probably get AC3 tomorrow.

10-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Jamin

Bought AC3 yesterday. The graphics are so good, everything is very creamy and smooth. It is very linear at first, i played for about 2 hours and still cant do full free roam yet. Very fun so far.

Did one match online where you are trying to assassinate someone based only on a picture while others are trying to kill you. Hid with this crowd who all had hats on (my character had a hat) and I killed like 5 people before anyone noticed I wasnt a NPC but a real person

Old
10-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Jamin

Also make sure you buy it at bestbuy, you get 2 free levels, a native war club and one other item I am forgetting

Old
10-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
That's a little TOO old school....

Old
11-05-2012, 11:36 PM
northern2020

Halo 4 - 2.5 hrs away...

Anyone else as geeky as this 39 year old father of 4 going out at midnight to grab??

Old
11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
I'd only line up for Quake 5.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern2020 View Post
Halo 4 - 2.5 hrs away...

Anyone else as geeky as this 39 year old father of 4 going out at midnight to grab??
I've got the next 3 days off, I think I'm going to go pick it up in an hour or so. I'll probably roll up to futureshop around 12:30. I don't want to stand in line with a bunch of smelly kids.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
CorpseFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
amazing game and no game is ever too old.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:46 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
I've got the next 3 days off, I think I'm going to go pick it up in an hour or so. I'll probably roll up to futureshop around 12:30. I don't want to stand in line with a bunch of smelly kids.
Probably should have just gone to Gamestop and gotten a ticket for the advance line.

Not sure what the lines look like now, but BestBuy was lined up around the building for a midnight launch a few years back. Showing up by 12:30 would've had you home by 3.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:24 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

I'm just going to pick up my copy tomorrow morning.

I'd probably get back so late that I would barely have any time to play tonight anyway.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:48 AM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Hmmm, I have a few things to add

Walking dead game is great (not a whole lot of games that make you want to replay the whole thing... just to see)

Halo4, never liked anything Halo. So Meh.

Dishonored? So based on the comment above. What if I loved Bioshock and hated Deus Ex ?

Classic games, lets do Monkey Island! ... still awesome.

Side note, never thought much of it (since I don't like Warcraft crap), but I picked up Orcs Must Die for 2 bucks. A great 2 bucks spent. So simple, a lot of fun.

Black Mesa anyone? Free to play, goooood memories ... with better graphics.

Final note, Just finished Borderlands2 .... holy heck is it a lot better than the 1st one. I actually wanted to keep playing it. To bad the ending sucks. Still, better than ME3. Blah.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
misfit

For all the Boarderlands players, I haven't played the first one yet though I've always wanted to check it out. Should I pick up Borderlands 1 first (which I would imagine I could get fairly cheap now) or should I not even bother and just pick up the new one? Is BL2 a game that you could pick up and play without ever playing the 1st one, or do you figure it would be better to have played 1 first?

Dishonored looks pretty awesome as well, but I may wait to get that one. I only have so much time available to me to play video games, and there's a lot of cool looking stuff out there.

11-06-2012, 12:40 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
For all the Boarderlands players, I haven't played the first one yet though I've always wanted to check it out. Should I pick up Borderlands 1 first (which I would imagine I could get fairly cheap now) or should I not even bother and just pick up the new one? Is BL2 a game that you could pick up and play without ever playing the 1st one, or do you figure it would be better to have played 1 first?

Dishonored looks pretty awesome as well, but I may wait to get that one. I only have so much time available to me to play video games, and there's a lot of cool looking stuff out there.
im thinking about getting dishonored too, that game looks amazing. but i really want hitman when it comes out this month.

Closed Thread