HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where will the Avs players play during the lockout?

Old
10-10-2012, 02:44 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Another rumour is EJ might be signing in Sweden, but no clue which league or which team.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

UNITED WE STAND!!!

And by "we", I mean you guys. The majority who cannot get a gig overseas. Fight the good fight while I'm away, okay?

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:48 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
@JamieMcGinn11
Quote:
‏To all my new followers from #Sheffield I see you!! #nicepeople #shoutout
????

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Joining Sestito on the Steelers?

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Ceremony
Ten Tons

vCash: 499
@JamieMcGinn11: “@TheMagicCap: @JamieMcGinn11 Will we see you in Orange though Jamie?? #morethanarumour?"rumor, just notice people following me from there

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 02:36 PM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
@JamieMcGinn11: ď@TheMagicCap: @JamieMcGinn11 Will we see you in Orange though Jamie?? #morethanarumour?"rumor, just notice people following me from there
It would be cool to see McGinn play... But I might cry if he signs in sheffield

AdamCalderHero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Varlamov with 40 saves in today's game at Magnitogorsk. Also saved all attempts on the shootouts to give his team a 3-2 SO win

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:45 AM
kento19
@kento19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post
Varlamov with 40 saves in today's game at Magnitogorsk. Also saved all attempts on the shootouts to give his team a 3-2 SO win
Unreal. Varlamov is the best goalie of all time in shootouts. Not even joking. There's no way there's any goalie with a professional shootout save percentage as good as his. His save percentage in shootouts last year was better than his regular season overall save percentage.

edit: just looked up some stats. Didn't realize how terrible he was with Washington in shootouts. Maybe not the best all time lol, but definitely the best current.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
Unreal. Varlamov is the best goalie of all time in shootouts. Not even joking. There's no way there's any goalie with a professional shootout save percentage as good as his. His save percentage in shootouts last year was better than his regular season overall save percentage.

edit: just looked up some stats. Didn't realize how terrible he was with Washington in shootouts. Maybe not the best all time lol, but definitely the best current.
There you go again.
Varlamov just stopped 38 shots and all shootout attempts in a 3-2 SO win @Chelyabinsk!!

Old
10-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Raithe

vCash: 500
Any updates on varly?

Raithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
Any updates on varly?
Yaroslavl's last game was on Wednesday. Varly stopped 37 shots and his team won 4-3 OT.

Haven't seen him play yet but his numbers look great. Always well above 90% save percentage and apparently always gives his team a chance to win!

Old
10-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Raithe

Well thats great to hear

Raithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:25 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
Well thats great to hear
They have every game highlights on youtube if you wanna see. Just type in KHL and click KHLofficial and then highlights. Also you can type in Yaroslavl in their search feature on youtube which should only show Lokomativ highlights.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2012, 02:34 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
I hope EJ ends up playing somewhere.

We NEED him to develop into a franchise #1 defenseman if we want to be successful in the future.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Avs71

Let's just say the NHL is coming back in December.. Not that I actually expect the lockout out to end in the next week or two, but lets just pretend.

Does anyone here think the lockout may benefit some of the Avs players?

With Downie, we all know he had off-season surgery. This late start will have given him more time to become fully healthy, as well as having a chance to actually strengthen his shoulder.

Duchene says he is a notoriously slow starter. Well he has already been playing professional hockey for weeks now, and is doing not too bad. I wonder if he will be able to come back and play from a high level right away.

Jan Hejda had wrist surgery I believe. Again, more time to recoup and strengthen. After EJ he is supposed to be the Avs best defencemen, and having him healthy to start the season would definitely be nice.

With Landeskog, right before the lockout happened he was named Captain. Youngest captain in history, etc. Will the lockout allow the coverage of the Avs to slip back to next to nothing and relieve some of the spotlight that would have been directed if the season started right away? I feel like the story has blown over and no one really cares anymore. Might make it easier on him.

With EJ, this is the longest off-season he has had. Is there a chance that the extended workout time can heal his knee anymore? He also dealt with back and wrist issues. Again, possibly a case of more training will see him come back and have better endurance and mobility. It would be nice if he was using this time off to study the game too, since he is not playing. Can someone send him 20 years of Lidstrom footage?

Varly has gone to Russia and seems to be posting some good numbers there. I can't think of how him playing in the KHL would transfer to better play in the NHL. Maybe spending some time in his homeland will have him come back over more focused?

With prospects, it doesn't sound like Elliott is having the greatest showing down in Lake Erie, but will the AHL time have allowed a guy like Barrie to gain some confidence before being called up to the Avs? However, I'm under the impression he is hurt now.

I'm not saying these are supposed to give the Avs an advantage over other teams, but perhaps on an individual basis, some of these players will come back and see an immediate performance improvement.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Foppa2118

Interesting, Blake Wheeler is playing on Stastny's team in Germany. I've always thought he would make a great winger for Staz. Should be interesting to see how they play together, if they end up being linemates.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...germany/11895/

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote