HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/5)

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2012, 07:21 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Ceresnak plays for a crappy Peterborough team, but he's still a team worst -7 through 8 games and without a point. Some people here have mentioned they like him...but why? He doesn't do any one thing particularly well.
He is VERY raw, has good size and plays solid positionally. However, his feet are SLOW.

Old
10-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
How awesome would it be if Panthers fail to sign Bjugstad and he decides to go with the Rangers. lol.
I would love it.

10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
How awesome would it be if Panthers fail to sign Bjugstad and he decides to go with the Rangers. lol.
after getting my hopes up with schultz i don't want to even think about it at this point lol

Old
10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

If you're tired of waiting for the CTWhale stream to start, turn on NBC Sports Network. Fogarty and Notre Dame are on.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Saw some good things from Fogarty so far. Also some things he needs to work on. Kid can pick a pocket though.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:07 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I've been half-watching ND with the Whale on my computer.

Agreed on Fogarty. Some good things, sometimes looks tentative out there. To be expected for his first NCAA game.

10-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 2800
From what I saw so far only in the third period, Skjei got a bit of PP time, and did a good job keeping the puck in the zone.

Apparently he's on the third pairing, so it didn't look like he's been getting much ice-time.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Old
10-12-2012, 08:13 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
From what I saw so far only in the third period, Skjei got a bit of PP time, and did a good job keeping the puck in the zone.

Apparently he's on the third pairing, so it didn't look like he's been getting much ice-time.
U of M's D is pretty stacked.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
U of M's D is pretty stacked.
I'm new to college hockey, so I didn't know that.

But from what I noticed, their D looked great, since MSU barely had the puck.

As long as this lockout continues, I'll stay watching Minnesota so I can watch Skjei. Hopefully I gain some college hockey knowledge.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:20 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
I'm new to college hockey, so I didn't know that.

But from what I noticed, their D looked great, since MSU barely had the puck.

As long as this lockout continues, I'll stay watching Minnesota so I can watch Skjei. Hopefully I gain some college hockey knowledge.
Sorry, didn't mean to come off condescending. But yea, frankly I'm pretty happy he's starting at this point. The Gopher's defense is pretty darn good. Just another example of how NCAA hockey is a completely different animal from Juniors.

Old
10-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to come off condescending. But yea, frankly I'm pretty happy he's starting at this point. The Gopher's defense is pretty darn good. Just another example of how NCAA hockey is a completely different animal from Juniors.
How, is college hockey more defensive-oriented?

Old
10-12-2012, 08:37 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
How, is college hockey more defensive-oriented?
In general, I would say yes. Players are generally older and more physically developed. I believe Gilroy was 24-25 when he won the Hobey, for example, while the majority of players in juniors are 17-19.

In the NCAA you see a lot more kids who are just great athletes, built like all heck, but don't have the type the type of skill level you see on average in junior. Not saying there aren't super-skilled guys in the NCAA or grinders in junior, but on average I think that's a fair assessment.

Which means, as an 18 y-o true freshman, it can be pretty tough to get big minutes - especially on as good of a team as the Gophers. Skjei definitely has the physical aspects going for him (size, strength, speed) so I am not completely surprised he is stepping right in, but I certainly wasn't 100% banking on it either.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:47 AM
collegehockeyguy

to help put the golden gophers defense into perspective- junior defenseman Justin Holl was a healthy scratch tonight. he is a 2nd round draft pick from the chicago blackhawks

not many teams in the country have the depth on blue line that would cause a 2nd round pick to miss out on the starting 6. playing time is going to be a battle for the d-men this year in minnesota

Old
10-13-2012, 12:50 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Michael Russo, the Wild beat writer for the Star Tribune covered tonight's Minnesota Golden Gophers game. Here's what he had to say about Skeji
Quote:
Other than a foul-up at the blue line in the second, which triggered a 2-on-1 and a barrage of three shots that Shibrowski impressively turned aside, I thought Brady Skjei was outstanding alongside Nate Schmidt. He's big, and he's ridiculously mobile. Like, ridiculous.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
If he has great skating and mobility, Rangers can easily mould him into a top 4 d-man in 3-4 yrs time. Staal will likely be a Hurricane, so we need to soften the blow ASAP and I think Skjei could be a guy that can temporarily fill in the gap.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:50 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
If he has great skating and mobility, Rangers can easily mould him into a top 4 d-man in 3-4 yrs time. Staal will likely be a Hurricane, so we need to soften the blow ASAP and I think Skjei could be a guy that can temporarily fill in the gap.
Base on what? Have you spoken with Marc?

Old
10-13-2012, 09:55 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Goal @ 0:37 http://elitserienplay.se/video.1894972183001
Looked great tonight yet again, he was moved to the center third line but without him the others on the first line accomplished nothing...
Lindberg was named best player of his team by newspaper Aftonbladet, that game. And that goal was a beauty and a great effort, and the scoring opportunity was created 100% by Oscar himself. That game he played on the third line. Just saying this to oppose those who claim there's a high factor of dependence on the environment. I beg to differ.

And just now he scored the first goal of the night, giving his team a 1-0 lead. And I see he is back in the first line.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:49 AM
cmdevisser

Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Lindberg was named best player of his team by newspaper Aftonbladet, that game. And that goal was a beauty and a great effort, and the scoring opportunity was created 100% by Oscar himself. That game he played on the third line. Just saying this to oppose those who claim there's a high factor of dependence on the environment. I beg to differ.

And just now he scored the first goal of the night, giving his team a 1-0 lead. And I see he is back in the first line.
Just out of curiosity, why is the perception so entrenched on these boards that Lindberg is at best a 4th line/3rd line grinder in the NHL if he is showing so much offense in the SEL this year?

Old
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdevisser View Post
Just out of curiosity, why is the perception so entrenched on these boards that Lindberg is at best a 4th line/3rd line grinder in the NHL if he is showing so much offense in the SEL this year?
Up until this point the offense really wasn't there. But it seems every game he plays now he's having a big impact. I'm going to wait until the end of the season to reassess my expectations but I'm really excited for him to come over.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Base on what? Have you spoken with Marc?
Speculation. All his brothers are there, they're an upcoming team and he gets to be the star player on defense on the Hurricanes. He'll likely get his payday too. I can't see him turning down an offer to play with his brothers.

Old
10-13-2012, 12:56 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Speculation. All his brothers are there, they're an upcoming team and he gets to be the star player on defense on the Hurricanes. He'll likely get his payday too. I can't see him turning down an offer to play with his brothers.
I love this assumption that he's just chomping at the bit to play with his brothers. I don't get it.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:00 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I could see it happening but I don't think its a given. Either way, glad to hear Skjei had a good game...sounds like he plays the game a lot like McD. Hope he can build his offensive game, it could really lessen the burden on the prospect pool of losing a guy like Erixon.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Ice Breaker final is on tonight at 7:30 on NBCSN. Notre Dame vs Nebraska, should be a good game.

Fogarty will be playing.

Old
10-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I love this assumption that he's just chomping at the bit to play with his brothers. I don't get it.
Who wouldn't want to play alongside family on the same NHL team? I'm sure it was a dream growing up for the Staal family to play all on the same NHL team at some point in their careers.

Old
10-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Ih8theislanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Ice Breaker final is on tonight at 7:30 on NBCSN. Notre Dame vs Nebraska, should be a good game.

Fogarty will be playing.
Thanks for the heads up. Forgot about the game last night and forgot to DVR it.

Closed Thread