HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oscar Klefbom Thread | 10GP: 0G-3A-3PTS +7

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2012, 01:52 AM
  #526
Bank Shot
Registered User
 
Bank Shot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,191
vCash: 500
I think Shoulder is just a very common injury for hockey players.

Bank Shot is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:36 AM
  #527
winther88
Registered User
 
winther88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Trollhättan
Country: Sweden
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Good news. As was said yesterday, the shoulder injury is not serious. He will be back on the ice training with the team tomorrow but he will not play in the game. Could be back in game shape as early as on saturday.

winther88 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 06:56 AM
  #528
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,623
vCash: 500
When you wake up, the first thing you want to read is something positive. Awesome!

Auguste Escoffier is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
  #529
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,008
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
People tried to blame Chad Moreau too

Must just be the curse of having the best player ever and then getting rid of him.
I thought Chad Moreau was actually over working guys?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 10:31 AM
  #530
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,412
vCash: 1531
Dag namit. The injury curse has not been liften. I thought by sacrificing dashingsilverfox we had lifted. We need another human sacrifice. One of the new poster might do the trick or maybe toss bbo down the volcano.

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 10:34 AM
  #531
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C
 
The Last Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. OILbert
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by winther88 View Post
Good news. As was said yesterday, the shoulder injury is not serious. He will be back on the ice training with the team tomorrow but he will not play in the game. Could be back in game shape as early as on saturday.
very good news
thanks!

The Last Dynasty is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 10:48 AM
  #532
The Imp
Registered User
 
The Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,379
vCash: 500
http://www.farjestadbk.se/artikel/29222

Article about Kbom's status on the FBK website. Basically just supports what W88 said.

The Imp is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:59 PM
  #533
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by winther88 View Post
Good news. As was said yesterday, the shoulder injury is not serious. He will be back on the ice training with the team tomorrow but he will not play in the game. Could be back in game shape as early as on saturday.
Thanks for the update, hopefully it heals in short order and he'll only miss a couple of games at most.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
10-11-2012, 12:35 AM
  #534
puckfan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,584
vCash: 500
A bunch of Oilers brass were in Sweden last week scouting/checking up on Klefbom/Gustafsson's seasons so I'm sure everything is sorted out fine on that level.

puckfan13 is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 12:59 AM
  #535
ejams
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
A bunch of Oilers brass were in Sweden last week scouting/checking up on Klefbom/Gustafsson's seasons so I'm sure everything is sorted out fine on that level.
Well that's why he got injured.. They need to stop attending our games.

ejams is online now  
Old
10-11-2012, 01:00 AM
  #536
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,964
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I thought Chad Moreau was actually over working guys?
Sure it's possible, but I don't know how you can really prove that.

Same with Bennett.

T-Funk is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 08:54 AM
  #537
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,008
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Sure it's possible, but I don't know how you can really prove that.

Same with Bennett.
I thought there were guys complaining that they were tired and crap hence why they let him go?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 01:04 PM
  #538
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,964
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I thought there were guys complaining that they were tired and crap hence why they let him go?
news to me

i know quinn tried to say maybe there was a correlation between him and the injuries

T-Funk is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 05:12 PM
  #539
SouthSwe
Registered User
 
SouthSwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
As Winther said Klefbom will hopefully be back at saturday already, let's keep our fingers crossed.

We won 3-1 today in one of the most boring matches that has ever been played.

A fun note is that there is a team in the league who haven't scored once in 45 powerplay tries.......

SouthSwe is offline  
Old
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
  #540
Krut
Registered User
 
Krut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
As Winther said Klefbom will hopefully be back at saturday already, let's keep our fingers crossed.

We won 3-1 today in one of the most boring matches that has ever been played.

A fun note is that there is a team in the league who haven't scored once in 45 powerplay tries.......
Sounds a lot like the Oilers only two years ago

Krut is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
  #541
SouthSwe
Registered User
 
SouthSwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Our coach says that Klefbom most likely won't play tomorrow.
Next game after that is on wednesday.

SouthSwe is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
  #542
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
As Winther said Klefbom will hopefully be back at saturday already, let's keep our fingers crossed.

We won 3-1 today in one of the most boring matches that has ever been played.

A fun note is that there is a team in the league who haven't scored once in 45 powerplay tries.......
hopefully Oscar isnt on the ice when they finally do score lol

bsmith14 is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
  #543
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
Our coach says that Klefbom most likely won't play tomorrow.
Next game after that is on wednesday.
Hopefully he'll be good to go by then so that we don't have to worry about it being misdiagnosed

Bryanbryoil is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 01:37 PM
  #544
SouthSwe
Registered User
 
SouthSwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Lost 1-2 in OT at home. Despite the shots being 40-12 late in the 3rd and doing are best game of the season. The other team barely entered our half during the whole game. Same old story in other words.
We had 64 shots on goal and wide before doing our goal tonight...

Bumped into Klefbom in the hallway in the 2nd intermission, he looked fit and ready to play, but of course hard to tell just by looking at him.

We really need him against HV71 on wednesday.


Last edited by SouthSwe: 10-13-2012 at 02:13 PM.
SouthSwe is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 02:43 PM
  #545
worraps
Acceptance
 
worraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
Lost 1-2 in OT at home. Despite the shots being 40-12 late in the 3rd and doing are best game of the season. The other team barely entered our half during the whole game. Same old story in other words.
We had 64 shots on goal and wide before doing our goal tonight...

Bumped into Klefbom in the hallway in the 2nd intermission, he looked fit and ready to play, but of course hard to tell just by looking at him.

We really need him against HV71 on wednesday.
I hope you didn't literally bump into him. You have to be careful around that shoulder.

worraps is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 02:49 PM
  #546
SouthSwe
Registered User
 
SouthSwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karlstad
Country: Sweden
Posts: 757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I hope you didn't literally bump into him. You have to be careful around that shoulder.
He came down the stairs from the stands in a hurry while I was walking in the hallway behind this blind corner going up to the stands. Needless to say it was him and not me who avoided the impact, quite good reactions of the ice aswell it seems

SouthSwe is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:51 PM
  #547
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,412
vCash: 1531
I have one slight concern and I hope people understand why. Reading a few articles it sounds like he is a Jehovah witness and I have nothing against religion, however I have delt with many JWs over the years and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. A short time ago I hired a practicing JW as head night porter and things ended badly and that was not the first time.

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:53 PM
  #548
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,008
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I have one slight concern and I hope people understand why. Reading a few articles it sounds like he is a Jehovah witness and I have nothing against religion, however I have delt with many JWs over the years and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. A short time ago I hired a practicing JW as head night porter and things ended badly and that was not the first time.
As long as he isn't passing out pamphlets to teammates while on the ice I could careless.

On the flip side if he can go into the corner and start chatting with the Sedins during the game, we now have a 4 on 3 PP.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:54 PM
  #549
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,256
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I have one slight concern and I hope people understand why. Reading a few articles it sounds like he is a Jehovah witness and I have nothing against religion, however I have delt with many JWs over the years and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. A short time ago I hired a practicing JW as head night porter and things ended badly and that was not the first time.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 02:56 PM
  #550
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I have one slight concern and I hope people understand why. Reading a few articles it sounds like he is a Jehovah witness and I have nothing against religion, however I have delt with many JWs over the years and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth. A short time ago I hired a practicing JW as head night porter and things ended badly and that was not the first time.
hahahah Really? We are going there?

Let me tell you what I think about Yakupov and his religion...

Turrican* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.