HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-13-2012, 02:26 PM
  #126
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
highlights from last nights 3-1 win over the Providence Bruins.

SICK goal by Loktionov

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6018

CTKingsFan is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 03:05 PM
  #127
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,137
vCash: 500
Will you guys have feeds of the game or know where to find them?

Zippy316 is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 03:27 PM
  #128
rick3652
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
highlights from last nights 3-1 win over the Providence Bruins.

SICK goal by Loktionov

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.jsp?catid=2&id=6018
actual bad goal by him. he should of passed it over instead of hogging it he was lucky the player just skated by him and the other one fell down.

rick3652 is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 03:53 PM
  #129
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
actual bad goal by him. he should of passed it over instead of hogging it he was lucky the player just skated by him and the other one fell down.
You for real?
There are TWO players sliding between him and the other Monarchs player. He made the perfect play there. And Loktionov is a pass first guy that isn't exactly known for egoistic shoots on goal - in fact he doesn't shoot enough...

Minor Boarding is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:12 PM
  #130
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
Are Pearson and Toffoli really both not playing?

Nevermind, guess Toffoli is playing. Don't think Pearson is, though.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:22 PM
  #131
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Are Pearson and Toffoli really both not playing?

Nevermind, guess Toffoli is playing. Don't think Pearson is, though.
Pearson and Weal both appeared in game 1, but appear to be scratched today in favour of Prokhorkin and Cznarik.

On Loki goal last game, obviously he is showing his elite skill level, but what really impressed me was the move Muzzin made to get that puck out, real nice move, skating looking good.

1-1 with 8:34 remaining in the first today versus Albany.

Kolomatis (1) (Toffoli, Muzzin) PP 8:47

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:25 PM
  #132
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Pearson and Weal both appeared in game 1, but appear to be scratched today in favour of Prokhorkin and Cznarik.

On Loki goal last game, obviously he is showing his elite skill level, but what really impressed me was the move Muzzin made to get that puck out, real nice move, skating looking good.

1-1 with 8:34 remaining in the first today versus Albany.

Kolomatis (1) (Toffoli, Muzzin) PP 8:47
Looks like Nolan isn't playing tonight either.

Prokhorkin made a nice one-on-one move to draw the penalty that lead to the goal.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:29 PM
  #133
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
Monarchs' PP looks pretty good. They're moving it around very well. Kolomatis gets his second of the game. Prokhorkin should get an assist after he made a nice drop to Kozun who dropped it to Kolomatis for the rip.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:40 PM
  #134
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
Prokhorkin looking very good in his first official game w/ the monarchs.

CTKingsFan is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
  #135
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,137
vCash: 500
A feed in case anyone needs it:

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1466...ny-devils.html

Zippy316 is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:49 PM
  #136
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Prokhorkin looking very good in his first official game w/ the monarchs.
Agree.
Would'vw loved to see a Prokhorkin-Loktionov-Nolan line. Two big guys that can play hard nosed and have decent scoring abilities and Loktionov as the slick playmaker.

Btw it's kind of remarkable that this Monarchs roster is so competitive - I mean the oldest player on the team is Cliche who's what, 25? Together with backup goaltender Maninno the only player you could argue is a veteran.

Minor Boarding is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:05 PM
  #137
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,458
vCash: 500
Man, I really don't want to trade Lokti

ScoreZeGoals is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:06 PM
  #138
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
Prokhorkin is looking really solid

TwoForRoughing is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:08 PM
  #139
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Man, I really don't want to trade Lokti
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Prokhorkin is looking really solid
Both are looking real real good today...

Manchester is all over them right now, playing real LA esque 4 attacking lines style.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:19 PM
  #140
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
I love the way Prokhorkin plays.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:28 PM
  #141
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I love the way Prokhorkin plays.
On the opposite Deslauriers has played like Randy Jones...so manny turnovers an dumb icings on his part.

Minor Boarding is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:31 PM
  #142
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
For those haven't heard yet, Jordan Nolan broke a finger in last night's game during his fight and is expected to miss a "few weeks" according Coach Morris.

Since the AHL is mostly a weekend league. He'll only miss a few games.

CTKingsFan is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:34 PM
  #143
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
For those haven't heard yet, Jordan Nolan broke a finger in last night's game during his fight and is expected to miss a "few weeks" according Coach Morris.

Since the AHL is mostly a weekend league. He'll only miss a few games.
Well that sucks. At least the Monarchs' October schedule is pretty light.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:57 PM
  #144
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
Terry Koharski is living up to his reputation as one of the worst officials ever. I don't understand how he has a professional job.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 07:13 PM
  #145
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Monarchs win, 2-1. Outshot Albany 27-24.

Prokhorkin - Loktionov - Kozen line needs to just do 2v1's all day tmw in practice

Seriously that line is dynamite, dominant, making plays every time they got on the ice. Loki is so calm and smooth, gotta love what you see with him.

Toffoli is bigger than I thought, but didn't notice him much otherwise.

Bodbarchuk looked great out there, real physical.

Hickey had a couple of nice plays, but didn't notice him much. Did not see all that much out of Voynov, other than a nice rush coming off a penalty (then got another one). Muzzin had one nice hit late in the 3rd, not much else. I guess it is real good that the D corps was unspectaculer, real solid.

O'Neill looked real shifty out there, made some nice plays.

Cliche looks like a real solid PKer.

Manchester really dominated them in all aspects of the game.

Nothing else really stood out for me. I started watching at the start of the 2nd. Really the story was that top line, they were dominant.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
10-13-2012, 07:13 PM
  #146
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
Monarchs win 2-1.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 07:14 PM
  #147
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
Monarchs win 2-1!


Looking forward to going to home opener friday night!

CTKingsFan is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 07:17 PM
  #148
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Monarchs win, 2-1. Outshot Albany 27-24.

Prokhorkin - Loktionov - Kozen line needs to just do 2v1's all day tmw in practice

Seriously that line is dynamite, dominant, making plays every time they got on the ice. Loki is so calm and smooth, gotta love what you see with him.

Toffoli is bigger than I thought, but didn't notice him much otherwise.

Bodbarchuk looked great out there, real physical.

Hickey had a couple of nice plays, but didn't notice him much. Did not see all that much out of Voynov, other than a nice rush coming off a penalty (then got another one). Muzzin had one nice hit late in the 3rd, not much else. I guess it is real good that the D corps was unspectaculer, real solid.

O'Neill looked real shifty out there, made some nice plays.

Cliche looks like a real solid PKer.

Manchester really dominated them in all aspects of the game.

Nothing else really stood out for me. I started watching at the start of the 2nd. Really the story was that top line, they were dominant.
I definitely agree. The Kozun-Loktionov-Prokhorkin line was by far and away the best. I wish Lokti could have found a spot with the Kings, but he just doesn't fit in at this point. He did look great out there today, though. I like that Morris paired Lokti and Prokhrokin together to start. They had some chemistry going.

I was hoping to see Pearson today, but I guess I'll have to wait until next weekend. I agree that Toffoli didn't do a whole lot out there. His skating is not as bad as some people make it out to be, though. Vey looked the best on that line, but he really didn't do a whole lot either.

No one really stood out to me other than Lokti and Prokhorkin. Jones wasn't tested too much. He made a couple good saves. The first goal was a bad rebound that he lost track of, but he shut it down after that.

Overall a good win. It's too bad they don't play again until Friday. I miss hockey.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 07:42 PM
  #149
TKFAN
Registered User
 
TKFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Terry Koharski is living up to his reputation as one of the worst officials ever. I don't understand how he has a professional job.
Certainly hope we don't see Koharski next Friday or Saturday, already have had him involved in enough of our games for a while.

Let's Go Monarchs!!!!

TKFAN is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 08:11 PM
  #150
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Loktionov was, for the second game in a row (third if you count the first preseason game they streamed), the best player on the ice. He was a threat every time he was out there. He was a beast shorthanded and had multiple opportunities for another shorthanded goal. This kid will succeed at the NHL level for sure in my mind. I just don't see it being with the Kings sadly.

As others have said, Prokhorkin was very solid. Plays physical and has skill too. Such a great pick.

The 'Narchs D overall seems to be very aggressive. They love to pinch and sometimes it causes problems, especially with Hickey. Gotta say though I loved Muzzin's game today. Very physical and didn't have any real glaring mistakes that I noticed.

CNS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.