HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

TUF 16: Carwin vs Nelson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2012, 04:50 PM
  #76
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Well if a restaurant owner told me off I'd go somewhere else because there are 100 places I can go to. If Dana White insults me I literally have no other viable options in Canada because Bellator, Strikeforce, and MFC have all botched their television visibility.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 10:56 AM
  #77
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Godawful fight last night.

Just terrible.

Glad that Jackass lost though.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 05:21 PM
  #78
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,055
vCash: 500
Mike Ricci looks like a mix between Rory MacDonald and Tobey McGuire.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 05:58 PM
  #79
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,823
vCash: 81
So Nelson's team has all the jackasses this seasons? Nic, Julian and even Colten.

A pretty boring fight. I want to see Waters fight from Roy's team though. He looked pretty good in his preliminary fight.

Has any of these guys wowed you guys? They're all pretty 'meh' to me.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 06:26 PM
  #80
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
So Nelson's team has all the jackasses this seasons? Nic, Julian and even Colten.

A pretty boring fight. I want to see Waters fight from Roy's team though. He looked pretty good in his preliminary fight.

Has any of these guys wowed you guys? They're all pretty 'meh' to me.
Its the least talented cast ever.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 12:43 AM
  #81
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Colton Smith beat Eddy Ellis on the last show, in a bloody fight.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 01:20 AM
  #82
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 31,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
Colton Smith beat Eddy Ellis on the last show, in a bloody fight.
Should have been a 3rd round.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 01:33 AM
  #83
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
I thought so too, but I think Eddie was gassed, so it probably wouldnt have mattered.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 01:35 AM
  #84
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 31,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I thought so too, but I think Eddie was gassed, so it probably wouldnt have mattered.
Both were gassed and banged up. Colten is very annoying I was hoping he would get finished.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 02:54 PM
  #85
Fanpuck33
Registered User
 
Fanpuck33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 985
vCash: 500
Personally, I like a more liberal application of 10-8 rounds, but given how fights are typically scored, that definitely should have gone another round. I'm fine if that is a 10-8 round, but it's got to be consistently scored 10-8, which it would not be.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:16 PM
  #86
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 31,394
vCash: 500
Just pull the plug...this is the least talented cast ever.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:22 PM
  #87
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
My god. I think that's the worst fight Ive ever seen. Its between that and Jimmo vs Sokoudjou.

****in awful.

Reminded me of those crappy heavyweight boxing matches where nobody throws a punch for ten rounds.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:10 PM
  #88
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 31,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
My god. I think that's the worst fight Ive ever seen. Its between that and Jimmo vs Sokoudjou.

****in awful.

Reminded me of those crappy heavyweight boxing matches where nobody throws a punch for ten rounds.
Michael Hill is still such a rudimentary fighter..there are guys I train with who would beat the brakes off these guys. Matt Secor thinks hes Demian Maia...it was just awful and then the judging sucked and I guess being owned for two rounds constitutes a win. Horrible fight to watch.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:38 PM
  #89
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,517
vCash: 500
Joke of a fight.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 11:46 PM
  #90
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Michael Hill is still such a rudimentary fighter..there are guys I train with who would beat the brakes off these guys. Matt Secor thinks hes Demian Maia...it was just awful and then the judging sucked and I guess being owned for two rounds constitutes a win. Horrible fight to watch.
I dont get the outrage over the judging.

Neither fighter did anything.

Secor took the back, but did nothing with it.

Pathetic.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:25 AM
  #91
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 31,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I dont get the outrage over the judging.

Neither fighter did anything.

Secor took the back, but did nothing with it.

Pathetic.
I was more outraged at the fight itself. Hill was talking about how he likes to throw bombs and knocking guys out..he has side control and just lays on him..doesn't engage Secor standing even though Secor was open to be smashed with a hook or headkick. Secor talks about his grappling...has mount and does nothing...takes his back and does nothing...just holds him in his guard...it was awful imo. Sorry for the rant. I had Secor winning because he controlled the ground game but jeez its a fight for a shot at a six figure contract...show some urgency.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:54 AM
  #92
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
I was more outraged at the fight itself. Hill was talking about how he likes to throw bombs and knocking guys out..he has side control and just lays on him..doesn't engage Secor standing even though Secor was open to be smashed with a hook or headkick. Secor talks about his grappling...has mount and does nothing...takes his back and does nothing...just holds him in his guard...it was awful imo. Sorry for the rant. I had Secor winning because he controlled the ground game but jeez its a fight for a shot at a six figure contract...show some urgency.
Completely agree.

It was an utter disgrace.

Show some heart ffs. Hard to figure how Hill scored any points at all tbh. Im not sure if he ever connected with a punch the entire fight. Especially bad as you pointed out because of all the smack being thrown around. Gabe Ruediger and Kalib Starnes look like Anderson Silva and GSP next to these two clowns.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:29 AM
  #93
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I dont get the outrage over the judging.

Neither fighter did anything.

Secor took the back, but did nothing with it.

Pathetic.
Agreed. When I first watched it I thought Secor got robbed and should've won, then I watched it again quickly(very quickly) and even though Secor had Hill's back for a large part of the 3rd he did nothing and Hill actually had him in more trouble. Still, neither guy did much of anything at all the entire fight.

Overall it was a joke of a fight and really epitomizes why the whole TUF model needs to be revamped. I like m9's suggestion of rehashing the "comeback season" model of the show but it looks like the UFC would rather go the route of making the coaches' the stars of the show rather than the guys fighting in it.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 01:58 AM
  #94
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Agreed. When I first watched it I thought Secor got robbed and should've won, then I watched it again quickly(very quickly) and even though Secor had Hill's back for a large part of the 3rd he did nothing and Hill actually had him in more trouble. Still, neither guy did much of anything at all the entire fight.

Overall it was a joke of a fight and really epitomizes why the whole TUF model needs to be revamped. I like m9's suggestion of rehashing the "comeback season" model of the show but it looks like the UFC would rather go the route of making the coaches' the stars of the show rather than the guys fighting in it.
Another comeback season would be a big improvement.

Bring back fighters who once were in the ufc but were cut/left for whatever reason. At least they know what it takes to be in the big show and probably have much better skills. That would be a given.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:16 AM
  #95
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Another comeback season would be a big improvement.

Bring back fighters who once were in the ufc but were cut/left for whatever reason. At least they know what it takes to be in the big show and probably have much better skills. That would be a given.
They'd have more to lose as well if they are told they'll be cut if they don't win. Get 16 fighters together from one weight class in the UFC, first 8 to lose are cut. The remaining 8 all have a chance to win the season and earn a title shot, or something along those lines.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 11:04 AM
  #96
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Here is my roster, LHW division, winner gets fed to Jones.

Brandon Vera
Vladimir Matyushenko
Kyle Kingsbury
Fabio Maldonado
Matt Hamil
Stephan Bonnar
Forrest Griffin
Krzysztof Soszynski
Thiago Silva
Ryan Bader
Cyrille Diabate
Ryan Jimmo
Igor Pokrajac
Gregard Mousasi
Mike Kyle
Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante
Mohammed 'King Mo' Lawal

Lose and youre cut.

Winner gets a title shot, a Harley, and a million dollars.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:06 PM
  #97
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
As soon as Dom Waters passed on the fight I lost interest in the show last night. Pretty bad two minutes in.

It looks like next week Dana goes off on these guys. I doubt it gets better thought, look how much they've already filled the TUF finale. Most of these guys didn't even earn a fight in the UFC, which was a gimme in past years.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:13 PM
  #98
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
As a relative newcomer to this sport in 2012, I can say that was the worst fight I've ever seen in my life.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:18 PM
  #99
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Here is my roster, LHW division, winner gets fed to Jones.

Brandon Vera
Vladimir Matyushenko
Kyle Kingsbury
Fabio Maldonado
Matt Hamil
Stephan Bonnar
Forrest Griffin
Krzysztof Soszynski
Thiago Silva
Ryan Bader
Cyrille Diabate
Ryan Jimmo
Igor Pokrajac
Gregard Mousasi
Mike Kyle
Rafael 'Feijao' Cavalcante
Mohammed 'King Mo' Lawal

Lose and youre cut.

Winner gets a title shot, a Harley, and a million dollars.
I posted a LW roster which you could toss in the house. These guys you posted are too good or too popular to go there, you cant cut most of these guys. Plus utility really kills the depth of UFC cards for a few months. But if done right it would be even better with these LHWs.

If they scrapped the house and just set up a tourney using these guys it would be good. First round you do two fights in the hour, and spend a bit of time hyping the fight. If you added 4 guys to be alternates and have them fight, you have 5 weeks of fights. Subsequent rounds would have 1 fight per show, filling the time with a pre-assigned undercard fight, a fight preview, highlights.. whatever. I think you would end up with 12 shows.

Also King Moving is locked into Bellator.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 02:21 PM
  #100
m9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 500
Also for worst fight ever, I don't even think it was the worst fight on TUF. Whatever fight it was where Wes Shivers was gassed and using the top of the cage for support is right up there.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.