HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/13: Hamilton Bulldogs @ Grand Rapids Griffins

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 10:07 PM
MrMariusz

vCash: 500
Not too happy with the game being dragged on to SO when clearly the Bulldogs should've ended any challenge a long time before that. Doesnt help to doze off in the middle of the game and let the opposition get back so easily...

Old
10-13-2012, 10:07 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Loved Palushaj's game although sometimes he was a try hard. Tinordi impressed me for his defensive game, way better than at the Memorial Cup run. Gallagher had some good flashes, but mostlty was flying all over the place.

Old
10-13-2012, 10:08 PM
EveryDay

My top 3 worst players tonigh was

1-Corbin
2-Stortini
3-Boyce

Old
10-13-2012, 10:09 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
My 3 stars tonight was

1-St-Denis
2-Bournival
3-Pateryn

HM to Palushaj Gallagher and Quailer

My biggest surprise tonight was Pateryn, looks solid at both end of the ice!
Exactly my 3 stars as well..

I dont know if Dumont will ever play in the NHL but he is a hell of a little pest..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 10-13-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old
10-13-2012, 10:22 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Not too happy with the game being dragged on to SO when clearly the Bulldogs should've ended any challenge a long time before that. Doesnt help to doze off in the middle of the game and let the opposition get back so easily...
Thats what will happen at times with a such green line-up.. Credit to the young Wings that never gave up..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 10-13-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old
10-13-2012, 10:28 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

I dont know if Dumont will ever play in the NHL but he is a hell of a little pest..
agreed. He's like Max Lapierre without the size but alot better at fighting...

Why Boyce is assistant captain? the guy look terribad......

Hoping for next game a lineup of

Quailer-Leblanc-Palushaj
Geoffrion-Bournival-Gallagher
Holland-Nattinen-Avstin
Hagel-Dumont-Blunden

/Stortini-Boyce-Berger

Beaulieu-St-Denis
Tinordi-Ellis
Nash-Pateryn

/Corbin

Desjardins
Mayer

Old
10-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
agreed. He's like Max Lapierre without the size but alot better at fighting...

Why Boyce is assistant captain? the guy look terribad......

Hoping for next game a lineup of

Quailer-Leblanc-Palushaj
Geoffrion-Bournival-Gallagher
Holland-Nattinen-Avstin
Hagel-Dumont-Blunden

/Stortini-Boyce-Berger

Beaulieu-St-Denis
Tinordi-Ellis
Nash-Pateryn

/Corbin

Desjardins
Mayer
I thought Corbin/stortini/ Boyce were bad ... disappointed in leblanc tonight

Old
10-13-2012, 10:46 PM
poetryinmotion

With Ellis, this defense will be fun to watch. Looking forward to it.

The best Dogs defenseman tonight was either Tinordi or Pateryn, can't decide. Corbin needs to gtfo for Ellis.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:02 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Gallagher is a bust, too small for his own stick.
I hear you can cut sticks...

Old
10-13-2012, 11:09 PM
HABsurde

Quote:

you do know that he played some games with the Habs last year right???

Old
10-13-2012, 11:18 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
you do know that he played some games with the Habs last year right???
I should have specified as a regular..

Old
10-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Habitant le colon

Would love to see this line up :

Quailer - Geoffrion - Palushaj
Leblanc - Bournival - Gallagher
Holland - Nattinen - Blunden
Hagel - Dumont - Stortini
avtsin, boyce, berger

Tinordi - St-Denis
Pateryn - Nash
Ellis - Beaulieu
Corbin

Going further and think about nhl comeback would love to see a trade like this : Weber Diaz Avtsin Vs Ian White Brian Lashoff

Tinordi - St-Denis
Pateryn - Nash
Ellis - Lashoff
Beaulieu

to send Corbin to Echl or somewhere else and make some place for Fortier on foward instead of Blunden !

Old
10-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Bournival and St. Denis clearly the two best Bulldogs. Beaulieu looked good back there. Great puck mover. His shot could use some work. Tinordi throwing body around which was good. Looked positionally a little unpolished. Geoffrion, Palushaj, Holland, Gallagher and Quailer had some good moments. Dumont is a perfect bottom sixer. Spark plug. Leblanc had a hard time for some reason. Needs better linemates. Mayer is awful.

Bournival in clearly great shape and he has a motor on him big time. St. Denis poised enough to be NHL defensemen.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:26 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Bournival and St. Denis clearly the two best Bulldogs. Beaulieu looked good back there. Great puck mover. His shot could use some work. Tinordi throwing body around which was good. Looked positionally a little unpolished. Geoffrion, Palushaj, Holland, Gallagher and Quailer had some good moments. Dumont is a perfect bottom sixer. Spark plug. Leblanc had a hard time for some reason. Needs better linemates. Mayer is awful.

Bournival in clearly great shape and he has a motor on him big time. St. Denis poised enough to be NHL defensemen.
Bournival clearly has built huge confidence from the last 2-3 games of the Memorial cup where he has been fantastic.. Looks like a brand new man.. St-Denis, I will say it again, nobody is talking about him much but the guy also gained alot in confidence and really looks like a solid NHLer potential.. I will wait to see more games on TV to say further on his potential but Im surely becoming a huge fan.. One thing is for sure in my mind, I would take this guy in my line-up way over Yannick Weber..

Old
10-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Let's give the kid Corbin a little break please...That's 1 game. I mean, you look at the play, you look at the stats, and you come to the conclusion that Beaulieu is better defensively than Tinordi, which we KNOW it's not the case. So let's slow down on Corbin.

Especially since we know that the day Ellis is ready...Corbin does become their #7.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Bournival clearly has built huge confidence from the last 2-3 games of the Memorial cup where he has been fantastic.. Looks like a brand new man.. St-Denis, I will say it again, nobody is talking about him much but the guy also gained alot in confidence and really looks like a solid NHLer potential.. I will wait to see more games on TV to say further on his potential but Im surely becoming a huge fan.. One thing is for sure in my mind, I would take this guy in my line-up way over Yannick Weber..
As would I ... St-Denis's defensive awareness is good along with positioning which makes him a good defensive dman ... his offensive game is underrated .. I think he could crack the lineup of a few nhl clubs

Old
10-14-2012, 02:17 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

I hope the Habs stick with St-Denis. He looks like a late bloomer, a bit like François Beauchemin or Brett Clark. Hopefully, the lesson has been learned!

Old
10-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
What's the deal with the guy conducting the fans, to Don't Stop Believing?
Their nhl affiliate is Detroit. The fans sing that song at the Joe and its been a tradition there for a while... I assume that tradition trickled down to the Griffins.

As for St-Denis, I liked his instincts last year at the nhl level. He showed steadiness at the backend, and even showed smarts at the other end of the ice, reading plays, jumping into lanes, and creating turnovers.... he reminded a little bit of stephane robidas when he just stepped into the league.

The 2 big issues for St Denis are:

a) The numbers game
b) the D is already a bit soft with kaberle, weber, and diaz in the mix. Habs need a different type of D-man.

Last edited by Hackett: 10-14-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old
10-14-2012, 03:24 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Their nhl affiliate is Detroit. The fans sing that song at the Joe and its been a tradition there for a while... I assume that tradition trickled down to the Griffins.

As for St-Denis, I liked his instincts last year at the nhl level. He showed steadiness at the backend, and even showed smarts at the other end of the ice, reading plays, jumping into lanes, and creating turnovers.... he reminded a little bit of stephane robidas when he just stepped into the league.

The 2 big issues for St Denis are:

a) The numbers game
b) the D is already a bit soft with kaberle, weber, and diaz in the mix. Habs need a different type of D-man.
Agreed.

I think they we're a little sloppy in their own zone and the PP was abysmal for the most part but I actually thought they'd do a lot worse.

I was really in shock at how well Pateryn can move the puck. I missed about half the game so I didn't see much of his physicality but he reminds me of Emelin who similarly has underrated skating and stick-handling for a stay at home D.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Beaulieu (a notch more negative than that more accurately). He did look good but there's something about him that makes me second guess whether he's a legit blue-chipper but it's really hard to put my finger on the reason why.

At this moment, Gallagher looks to be the only one who can be a potential star. Not knocking the other guys (haven't been this many potential NHLers in Hamilton since I don't know when) Gallagher just seems to have that level of dynamism(?) that can translate into a star player.

Holland has a nice set of mitts but he could be a victim of the #s game as well. He really has to pole vault over a lot of depth but I like what I see.

I'd like to see Avtsin get a chance with Naatinen and Leblanc on a 3rd line. It's puzzling that Avtsin hasn't seem to put on any weight since he's been drafted. You'd think he'd be well over 200 lbs by now. Maybe both his game and physique piqued in his draft year.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:41 AM

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with my first experience with hockeystreams. The video quality was not so good and there were a lot of blackouts and other problems with AHL live. If the issues are not resolved soon, my lawyers will be contacting the admin of hockeystreams.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Since the game ended quite a few hours ago, let's take discussions to the sticky.

Closed Thread