HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 Winger to Washington

Old
10-12-2012, 07:34 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
Horton is now expendable. Boston now has a hole on the third line for an affordable third line guy that can play with Kelly. I like both Ward and Chimera alot. One of them and some sort of pick if Horton resigns would probably be enough to convince me to pull the trigger.
Wardo+2nd if Horton re-signs for Horton

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Hemsky for...

Tom Wilson, 2nd 2013

No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Stan Galiev, done.
For a guy with one year left on his contract, serious concussion problems, who hasn't even scored 20 goals in the past three seasons, and is coming off of his worst career year? Ehhh....

I'm a big fan of Gagne, but there are red flags everywhere.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Stan Galiev, done.
done deal, fax the papers

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 04:15 PM
capitalsrock

Caps:
Marcus Johansson
Stanislav Galiev

Calgary:
Jarome Iginla

The reason i think it takes two good, young prospects to get Iggy is because he has incredible leadership qualities and could have an extremely good impact in the locker room and on the ice. He could make ovechkin a better player and especially a better captain. As for getting rid of Mojo, i believe by the end of ribeiro's contract he will resign with us long-term. That would give us amazing 4 lines of centers including

Nicklas Backstrom
Mike Riberio
Brooks Laich
Jay Beagle

Even if we have an injury we could easily slot Matthew Perrault in on the 3rd or 4th line center and move up the other players accordingly. As for Galiev, i don't believe he is a necessary prospect for the future of the caps because he could easily be replaced by other prospects and i just don't see him fitting into the lineup. I think this is a fair value deal considering calgary gets a good centerman for the future and a possible top 6 winger but more likely a 3rd liner. I think we could slot Iginla right in with either of the top 2 lines, but we should seperate him and brouwer to give each of the two top lines a grinder. I was thinking something like:

Ovi-Backs-Brouwer
Iggy-Ribs-Chimera
Perrault-Laich-Hendricks
Ward-Beagle-Crabb

Carlson-Alzner
Green-Hamrlik
Orlov-schultz/Erskine

Holtby
Neuvirth

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Caps:
Marcus Johansson
Stanislav Galiev

Calgary:
Jarome Iginla

The reason i think it takes two good, young prospects to get Iggy is because he has incredible leadership qualities and could have an extremely good impact in the locker room and on the ice. He could make ovechkin a better player and especially a better captain. As for getting rid of Mojo, i believe by the end of ribeiro's contract he will resign with us long-term. That would give us amazing 4 lines of centers including

Nicklas Backstrom
Mike Riberio
Brooks Laich
Jay Beagle

Even if we have an injury we could easily slot Matthew Perrault in on the 3rd or 4th line center and move up the other players accordingly. As for Galiev, i don't believe he is a necessary prospect for the future of the caps because he could easily be replaced by other prospects and i just don't see him fitting into the lineup. I think this is a fair value deal considering calgary gets a good centerman for the future and a possible top 6 winger but more likely a 3rd liner. I think we could slot Iginla right in with either of the top 2 lines, but we should seperate him and brouwer to give each of the two top lines a grinder. I was thinking something like:

Ovi-Backs-Brouwer
Iggy-Ribs-Chimera
Perrault-Laich-Hendricks
Ward-Beagle-Crabb

Carlson-Alzner
Green-Hamrlik
Orlov-schultz/Erskine

Holtby
Neuvirth

That's an awful lot of assumptions to make. If we trade Johansson for Iginla a more likely scenario is that next season we'll end up with no Johansson, no Iginila and no Ribeiro. Our top 6 will pretty much be Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:18 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post

That's an awful lot of assumptions to make. If we trade Johansson for Iginla a more likely scenario is that next season we'll end up with no Johansson, no Iginila and no Ribeiro. Our top 6 will pretty much be Ovechkin and Backstrom.
Yeah, I don't really know that you can slippery slope your way to a top 6.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:20 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

would Washington want Downie?

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:29 PM
MalcontentCapsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Not really the type of player Washington goes after. Lots of bad blood there from the Caps v Lightning days.

Also the Caps lack scoring in the top 6 and I'm not sure Downie is the answer to that. Caps need more of a 25-35 goal scorer to replace Semin's production.

MalcontentCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2012, 11:35 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcontentCapsFan View Post
Also the Caps lack scoring in the top 6
what a difference two years makes

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
I'd take Rene Bourque before Steve Downie.

Last edited by ColePens: 10-14-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old
10-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Halpysback

Downie would be a much better RW fit than Brouwer but I don't see us getting him.

Maybe Galiev + 2nd for Semin if there is a season and carolina is out of it at the deadline?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Downie would be a much better RW fit than Brouwer but I don't see us getting him.

Maybe Galiev + 2nd for Semin if there is a season and carolina is out of it at the deadline?
Trade 2 quality assets for a player we could have re-signed in the offseason?

Yeah, that'll happen.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 12:40 AM
MalcontentCapsFan

Quote:
what a difference two years makes
Yep. And in another two years, when Kuznetsov, Galiev, Forsberg and Johansson are all top 6 contributors it won't be an issue.

(Again Johansson added since he hasn't reached his potential yet)

Old
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Chukcha

I hate Mike Cammalleri after broken run'n'gun dream. But i would acquire him for any reasonable price.

Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 03:13 PM
txpd

Quote:

i guess this is all we are going to get this season. bench hockey. it is what it is. downie does not fill the role brouwer plays for the caps at all. he's not that good. he doesnt kill penalties. even if he was not a loose cannon that was ditched by both his nhl teams because he was out of control too often and hurt his team, i would not want to replace brouwer with downie.

i guess i could see him as a space creator for ovechkin and backstrom, but then there is that out of control thing the flyers couldnt focus and that yzerman just didnt want.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If we give you SK or Hornqvist, who is the best D you could send back?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i guess this is all we are going to get this season. bench hockey. it is what it is. downie does not fill the role brouwer plays for the caps at all. he's not that good. he doesnt kill penalties. even if he was not a loose cannon that was ditched by both his nhl teams because he was out of control too often and hurt his team, i would not want to replace brouwer with downie.

i guess i could see him as a space creator for ovechkin and backstrom, but then there is that out of control thing the flyers couldnt focus and that yzerman just didnt want.
He's leagues ahead of Brouwer defensively, significantly better along the boards, and better at keeping the play alive and creating space. Brouwer's stick is where plays go to die. He may be faster and have a better shot but Downie has that same ability to tilt the ice through smart gritty (and sometimes dirty) plays that Perry has, though obviously not to the same extent. He always killed in +/- in TB no matter the quality of competition. If he doesn't lose his head he's a very valuable player with the right linemates. Yzerman dumped him because he has a ridiculous amount of cheap wing prospects ready to graduate and because he got a 1st back. Avalanche fans have nothing but great things to say about him.

Didn't realize we needed more Beagles for the penalty kill.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Trade 2 quality assets for a player we could have re-signed in the offseason?

Yeah, that'll happen.
You see any better options out there?

Old
10-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
If we give you SK or Hornqvist, who is the best D you could send back?
Orlov is the only attractive D really 'available', but I'd hang onto him for that price.

Old
10-16-2012, 12:40 AM
MalcontentCapsFan

I really like Orlov and see him as having a really great untapped potential. I wouldn't be interested in moving him unless I was getting a top line player back in the deal.

Old
10-16-2012, 09:23 AM
txpd

Quote:
Yzerman dumped him because he has a ridiculous amount of cheap wing prospects ready to graduate and because he got a 1st back. .
i know what yzerman said about downie upon taking the job. i know what he said about him before the trade. i watch tampa bay games pretty regularly and this was a steady subject of conversation. yzerman asked downie to play hockey and keep his temper in check. downie failed on numerous occasions and that is why yzerman moved him.

ask the tb board if you dont want to believe me.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Kulemin could be available, and plays the right side. He paired with Ovie and Backstrom could work some serious magic; what would you guys be willing to give up for him?

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
Kulemin could be available, and plays the right side. He paired with Ovie and Backstrom could work some serious magic; what would you guys be willing to give up for him?
Not as much as Leafs fans would want. Not going to pay the 30 goal price for him, and I doubt the Leafs want to move him for the price of a 7 goal scorer.