HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2012 MLB Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Raul is cool. MVP of the AL playoffs

Old
10-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
Raul f n Ibanez
His heroics are so unexpected, it's incredible to see.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:05 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Not sure about Dickey. The answer is
Spoil:
Joe Torre, Mets
That's a trick question.

Torre was a 1B/3B when he was a player-manager. Torre stopped catching in his late 20's/early 30's.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:07 PM
apice3*

I'd bet my left nut that Ibanez will have the walk off RBI this game.

Old
10-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I'd bet my left nut that Ibanez will have the walk off RBI this game.
Wouldn't doubt it. Anyone hear that guy yelling AAAAA*****hole?

Old
10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
apice3*

I respect Jeter but he exaggerates injuries more than any player I've ever seen. Guarantee he plays tomorrow. When he's chasing down balls or running the bases you won't even notice he's "hurt" but when the cameras watching him between swings or pitches, he'll be selling the limp.

It's the one aspect of his game I never appreciated. Guy has always been like that. The worst is when a pitch tips his bat and he sells it like it hit his hand. Calling out the trainers and ****. I'm all for the competitive advantage, but not like that.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:18 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
I respect Jeter but he exaggerates injuries more than any player I've ever seen. Guarantee he plays tomorrow. When he's chasing down balls or running the bases you won't even notice he's "hurt" but when the cameras watching him between swings or pitches, he'll be selling the limp.

It's the one aspect of his game I never appreciated. Guy has always been like that. The worst is when a pitch tips his bat and he sells it like it hit his hand. Calling out the trainers and ****. I'm all for the competitive advantage, but not like that.
And we care how you feel about Jeter. He is out for the season.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:19 AM
doc e
Bring Back Yanni

Quote:

His ankle is broken.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:

You're just starting to sound like you need responses to your posts

Kinda like the guy who started this thread and has since been banned

Old
10-14-2012, 12:40 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
You're just starting to sound like you need responses to your posts

Kinda like the guy who started this thread and has since been banned
I wondered where he went.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
I wondered where he went.
Jeter has never been known for "faking" tipped pitches off of his bat as hand injuries, rather playing through other injuries such as the numerous hamstring and lower body injuries he's incurred throughout his career - but hey when you have no flaws in your career I guess some envy it and need to make something up to self comfort themselves

Sounds kinda like Skip Bayless

In more important and factual news though, where the hell would the Yanks be this postseason without their pitching and Ichiro and Ibanez

Old
10-14-2012, 04:19 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
That's a trick question.

Torre was a 1B/3B when he was a player-manager. Torre stopped catching in his late 20's/early 30's.
If that's the case I apologize.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:21 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Broken ankle = exaggeration. of course.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Broken ankles psh. Not like playing through it can make it worse or even more messed up right?

Old
10-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Jeter being injured is the last thing the Yankees needed. One of the few guys who was actually hitting is out now.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:15 AM
apice3*

Well I have to apologize because I never would have guessed in a million years that he broke his ankle on that play. I watched it in super slow mo and it didn't even look bad.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:17 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Jeter has never been known for "faking" tipped pitches off of his bat as hand injuries, rather playing through other injuries such as the numerous hamstring and lower body injuries he's incurred throughout his career - but hey when you have no flaws in your career I guess some envy it and need to make something up to self comfort themselves

This isn't the full clip because youtube removes everything MLB related very quickly, but Jeter had the trainer look at his arm for a few minutes before jogging to first.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:

This isn't the full clip because youtube removes everything MLB related very quickly, but Jeter had the trainer look at his arm for a few minutes before jogging to first.
Before Jeter is even able to hunch over as if he was hit, the umpires arms were already up and had already signaled he was hit, what are you going to tell him no I wasn't hit, I don't want to go to first? Of course not, you're playing to win the game

As far as the trainer thing goes, its their natural reaction when they're in the dugout to come check on a player if it appeared as if they were hit and the umpire signaled so but here when he came out and he figured out Jeter wasn't hit, they played it up a little bit more than necessary I will agree, Jeter will even agree with you

Quote:
"I think Geno acted more than I did, I guess," Jeter said. "It's part of the game. My job is to get on base."
http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/derek-je...-the-game.html

For all of the faking that has gone on in baesball the past couple of decades between PEDS and other controversies, you are going to look at one minuscule incident in the career of a guy who has the respect of everybody around the league and of fans who follow baseball all around the world and categorize him as a faker?

Old
10-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
this last page

lol.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:25 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

The irony of that whole playing to win thing is the Yankees to a man destroyed A-Rod when he pulled his 'I got it' fakeout of the fielders in Toronto while running between bases a couple years ago and I don't think anyone in NY said a peep about Jeter getting 'hit' in that clip lol. You can't have it both ways depending on who it is, you either defend gamesmanship or come down on it.

And fwiw, I don't think either one is particularly bad at all...hell, what Jeter did nine billion hockey players do on a daily basis (exaggerate to sell a call). A-Rod's act was no different than John Madden yelling 'ACE' to Mario in the playoffs rofl.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 10-14-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old
10-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

A-Rod and Granderson can't be next to each other in the batting order.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:11 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Empty seats........O_O

Old
10-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
The irony of that whole playing to win thing is the Yankees to a man destroyed A-Rod when he pulled his 'I got it' fakeout of the fielders in Toronto while running between bases a couple years ago and I don't think anyone in NY said a peep about Jeter getting 'hit' in that clip lol. You can't have it both ways depending on who it is, you either defend gamesmanship or come down on it.

And fwiw, I don't think either one is particularly bad at all...hell, what Jeter did nine billion hockey players do on a daily basis (exaggerate to sell a call). A-Rod's act was no different than John Madden yelling 'ACE' to Mario in the playoffs rofl.
Baseball has "unwritten rules" that hockey doesn't have. It's impossible to keep track of them all, but apparently the bush league psych out stuff falls under one of them.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:15 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Jets had a home game plus the Giants and other games on now. Goes to show how much of a stranglehold the NFL has

Old
10-14-2012, 04:24 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Oh come on, i don't buy that at all...its a regular season game vs a playoff game and it's not like Jets fans packed Metlife...Yankee Stadium sold out only game 3 against Baltimore. Pulling an Atlanta...but even they show up for the Championship Series...

Closed Thread