HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Discussion for all prospects including Adirondack Phantoms (AHL)

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 09:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Went to a Bulls Gens game tonight so naturally I got to see Sullentrop and Laughton.

Sullentrop is, there is no other way to put it, horrifying. I lost count of the amount of giveaways he had. His Physicality is as advertised though, but he always seemed to put himself out of position. His skating is also terrible.

Laughton had an okay game. Took some really stupid penalties, but had a great pass to set up Oshawa's only goal. His physicality is good, but at times he seems to make himself look really tiny for some reason. His skating, like Sullentrop's, is a joke however so it's definitely something he needs to work on.
How did you see this game live but managed to watch the Phantoms game?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
10-13-2012, 09:10 PM
DeflatedFootball7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
How did you see this game live but managed to watch the Phantoms game?
I only caught glimpses of the Phantoms game. I've just been watching a replay of what I missed.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:21 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Stolarz takes the loss, 3-2 to Notre Dame. kid played very well in his first college game against a very good team.
27 saves unofficially.
We'll agree to disagree. I thought he looked very shaky and his rebound control was very poor. On too many shots he was not square to the shooter.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:34 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Went to a Bulls Gens game tonight so naturally I got to see Sullentrop and Laughton.

Sullentrop is, there is no other way to put it, horrifying. I lost count of the amount of giveaways he had. His Physicality is as advertised though, but he always seemed to put himself out of position. His skating is also terrible.

Laughton had an okay game. Took some really stupid penalties, but had a great pass to set up Oshawa's only goal. His physicality is good, but at times he seems to make himself look really tiny for some reason. His skating, like Sullentrop's, is a joke however so it's definitely something he needs to work on.
Neither Sullentrop or Laughton looked particularly sharp against Belleville. I've watched all of the Generals games so far this year and I can tell you that Sullentrop has been much better and Laughton has been much better. I think this is just one of those games where both guys crapped the bed. Now, I've also heard that the flu bug has hit the team particularly hard, so it's very possible that both Laughton and Sullentrop might have been playing ill.

I'm not worried about one game because many players have had bad games. We tend to forget that 18 and 19 year old players aren't allowed to have bad games and the moment they do, there seems to be a wide spread panic that they've had a bad game. I'm pretty sure Sullentop and Laughton will be the first to tell that they've had bad games and won't hide behind any excuses.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:45 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
We'll agree to disagree. I thought he looked very shaky and his rebound control was very poor. On too many shots he was not square to the shooter.
Completely different player than the one who was the US National Team development camp this past summer. While I understand going to a place like Nebraska - Omaha to get playing time, I don't understand why none of these kids go to programs that are proven hockey programs. JVR went to UNH and we all saw how that messed up his development. Now we've got Stolarz going to a program that has really done nothing in the past. Why these kids don't go to programs like Boston College, Boston University, Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc....is beyond me. Instead, you see them go to these schools where the hockey program is crap and they think that playing for a bad program is ideal for their development. I don't get it. You'd figure Flyers management would step in and direct them to a school that would be good for their development, but they don't. I sometimes shake my head......

Old
10-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Completely different player than the one who was the US National Team development camp this past summer. While I understand going to a place like Nebraska - Omaha to get playing time, I don't understand why none of these kids go to programs that are proven hockey programs. JVR went to UNH and we all saw how that messed up his development. Now we've got Stolarz going to a program that has really done nothing in the past. Why these kids don't go to programs like Boston College, Boston University, Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc....is beyond me. Instead, you see them go to these schools where the hockey program is crap and they think that playing for a bad program is ideal for their development. I don't get it. You'd figure Flyers management would step in and direct them to a school that would be good for their development, but they don't. I sometimes shake my head......
Well you need to be offered a scholarship from one of those programs to actual go there (that's a reference to Stolarz not JVR who could have gone anywhere). As much as I am a fan of overreaction theater, I don't think you can kill the kid whom most said is a huge project anyway or UNO from his first start of his collegiate career.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
In the case of Stolarz he might not have had any interest from better schools. He wasn't a highly regarded prospect.

JVR did have offers from better schools so I will never understand his decision. He was already committed to UNH so the Flyers couldn't do anything about his school of choice. They did encourage him to go to the OHL or play for the Phantoms. It wasn't just the Flyers. Every team that interviewed with him at the combine advised him that he would be better off playing in the OHL over UNH. JVR even acknowledged that in an interview at the time. He just refused to listen to the advice given to him.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:23 AM
RussianRocket10

I've never really followed the ECHL too closely before but Trenton plays at the Reading Royals on November 3rd, 10th, and 11th. I'm thinking about going to one of those games to see the Flyers prospects.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Brozgalov

Welp just paid for the Phantoms game today at 3 pm before I realized all the games are probably going to be streamed elsewhere... oh well. I will try to let people know if the original feed is any better (probably not)

Old
10-14-2012, 01:41 PM
flyersfan018

What a goal by Schenn last night.

Old
10-14-2012, 02:15 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I've never really followed the ECHL too closely before but Trenton plays at the Reading Royals on November 3rd, 10th, and 11th. I'm thinking about going to one of those games to see the Flyers prospects.
They played very well on Friday!

Old
10-14-2012, 02:50 PM
FlyersFan61290

Laughton has 12 pts (4 goals) through 9 games and Cousins has 16 pts (6 goals) through 9 games

Old
10-14-2012, 06:59 PM
RussianRocket10

Gonna watch the 3rd period of Oshawa vs London to see Laughton. It'll be my first time seeing him in action.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:36 AM
PhilaFlyers

Schenn's goal

Old
10-15-2012, 12:55 AM
SolidSnakeUS

That was beautiful.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:06 AM
PhilaFlyers

Not sure how many of you read Meltzer's blog but he has really good coverage of the Phantoms/prospects
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...Games/45/47048

Old
10-15-2012, 02:29 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
UNH is a good program. yeah fine they havent won a national title but its still a very good program.
Stolarz would get zero playing time at BC or BU and people would be *****ing about that. Stolarz had already committed to UNO before the Flyers drafted him. We didnt hear any whining from Flyers management about where he went to school so im sure they are fine with it.
Dean Blais is the coach there, so he should be fine.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:13 PM
DeflatedFootball7

I've heard a rumor from a friend of his the the charges aren't going to go through with Cousins.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:44 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
I've heard a rumor from a friend of his the the charges aren't going to go through with Cousins.
If that's the case, Cousins should breathe a sigh of relief and consider himself lucky. These kids need to learn about not putting themselves in situations that can be potentially harmful. If I'm Cousins' agent, he's being read the riot act with the hopes that will be enough to keep him on the straight and narrow. Of course, none of us know what happened that night, but none the less, at the very least, Cousins should have known better.......

Old
10-15-2012, 07:35 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Neither Sullentrop or Laughton looked particularly sharp against Belleville. I've watched all of the Generals games so far this year and I can tell you that Sullentrop has been much better and Laughton has been much better. I think this is just one of those games where both guys crapped the bed. Now, I've also heard that the flu bug has hit the team particularly hard, so it's very possible that both Laughton and Sullentrop might have been playing ill.

I'm not worried about one game because many players have had bad games. We tend to forget that 18 and 19 year old players aren't allowed to have bad games and the moment they do, there seems to be a wide spread panic that they've had a bad game. I'm pretty sure Sullentop and Laughton will be the first to tell that they've had bad games and won't hide behind any excuses.
Out of curiosity, does Suellentrop remind you of anyone in the NHL in particular? I have liked what I have read on him so far.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:10 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
Out of curiosity, does Suellentrop remind you of anyone in the NHL in particular? I have liked what I have read on him so far.
Honestly, I'd say Sullentrop reminds me a bit of Chris Therien.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
That's not a good thing

Old
10-16-2012, 11:30 AM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
That's not a good thing
Not necessarily - maybe Suellentrop becomes kryptonite to Malkin or Sid. It could happen (again).

Old
10-16-2012, 12:06 PM
mirimon

Therien stayed on for too long, but he was a solid dman for most of his career. If Suellentrop or anyone else of our defense prospects turns out a career similar to his, that would be great.

Old
10-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Quote:
Why? Just curious. I know the NHL has gotten smaller, but Bundy probably has 4 inches and 40 pounds on Suellentrop. That's just a size difference, so maybe it is playing style?

Suellentrop is a stay at home d-man, like Bundy, but possibly has a better outlet pass and will probably be a better skater.

You didn't mention why he reminds you of Chris Therien and now I'm curious.

Closed Thread