HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 05:10 PM
thewave

vCash: 500
There is no development, he is not improving nor getting worse. Kadri stagnation is more accurate.

Old
10-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Cor
BEST IN THE WORLD

vCash: 72
I get it's in the AHL, but from what I have seen tonight.... Kadri will be just fine

Old
10-13-2012, 05:24 PM
LeafsRReady

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post

The fact that he didn't even finish the year with the Leafs, just goes to show you how far he's fallen behind.
He couldn't finish the year with the Leafs; they ran out of callups.

Old
10-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Faltorvo

I'd say he would be a slight step behind if he could not crack the leafs roster this season, if there is one.

Nothing major mind you but I'd have greater confidence in him if he could crack it.

If he can't atleast crack the roster next season, well now some worry will develop.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:06 PM
TmlHockeyFan

So, Gary Roberts trained Kadri over the summer. Anyone see any improvements? He looked really solid offensively and defensively in tonights game. I never saw Kadri fall either. I remember him falling a lot last year after being hit and there was none of that. Robert's training really looks like it paid off. I hope he can rack up more points.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:10 PM
TieClark

He's still fat

Old
10-13-2012, 07:16 PM
TootooTrain
Bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
So, Gary Roberts trained Kadri over the summer. Anyone see any improvements?
Well considering he only started training with him around July I don't think there would be any huge improvements. The guy had a grade 3 shoulder separation at the end of last season and needed time to recoup. That said, he didn't seem to show any ill-effects tonight.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Tyler Biggs*
Go Leafs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsRReady View Post
He couldn't finish the year with the Leafs; they ran out of callups.
This.

Quote:
After the trade deadline on February 27th, 2012 passed, the Leafs were only allowed to recall four players before all other summoned players fell into emergency recall criteria.

On the day of March 6th, the Leafs sent Jake Gardiner, Matt Frattin and Jay Rosehill to the Marlies so that their names could be added to the AHL clear-day playoff rosters. That same night each of the three were recalled and suited up for the Leafs to face Boston in a contest that had Joffrey Lupul separate his shoulder.

March 7th Toronto used its fourth, and final, recall on Carter Ashton to replace Lupul, who at the time was listed as out for three to four weeks.

Kadri, along with Ryan Hamilton were called up on March 23rd to replace Matt Frattin and Clarke MacArthur, who were listed as day-to-day. Brought up as “emergency recalls” both players, by rules, had to go back to the Marlies when Frattin and MacArthur returned to the line-up. Because of this, Kadri’s try-out with the new coach lasted only two games.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95

Old
10-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Crazy Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
So, Gary Roberts trained Kadri over the summer. Anyone see any improvements? He looked really solid offensively and defensively in tonights game. I never saw Kadri fall either. I remember him falling a lot last year after being hit and there was none of that. Robert's training really looks like it paid off. I hope he can rack up more points.
He was pushed down a couple of times

He looked absolutely great. Kadri is going to be just fine. Kid is slick as hell

Old
10-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

I thought Kadri was great tonight. He held the puck very, very well and his left and right shifts (fakes) were much improved, which made his movement much more deceptive. This tells me that his hips and flexibility have improved.

He made lots of smart plays out there, too.

Old
10-13-2012, 08:53 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

LOL @ one game reports of Kadri.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsRReady View Post
If you didn't mean "right now" then what was the point of your post. If Grabo wasn't traded right now or soon, how would it open up space for prospects. Were we supposed to debate the merits of trading Grabo 2.5 years from now?

Anyone would reasonably infer that's what you meant and I have no doubt that's what you intended to convey. Now, you're just back tracking.
i never said "now", so there is no such backtracking.

it's not a trick. leaving out certain words wasn't my intent. we talk about hockey. if you can't see past the moment that is not my problem. i am not going to set every parameter just for slow leaf fans. we talk in a general sense. how can i even say "now" when there's no fricken NHL season. there's no now yet! i get the impression that every assessment is based on last year's performance/stats/progress. it's not hard to say "no" based on what they saw from Kadri and Colborne. people say "no" because they love Grabo. that's ok.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:10 PM
IBeL13f
There Is Pain Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
i never said "now", so there is no such backtracking.

it's not a trick. leaving out certain words wasn't my intent. we talk about hockey. if you can't see past the moment that is not my problem. i am not going to set every parameter just for slow leaf fans. we talk in a general sense. how can i even say "now" when there's no fricken NHL season. there's no now yet! i get the impression that every assessment is based on last year's performance/stats/progress. it's not hard to say "no" based on what they saw from Kadri and Colborne. people say "no" because they love Grabo. that's ok.
Don't really wanna get involved, but this is taken directly from your OP:

Quote:
Lets face it. We are not good enough a team to make the *post season this year. We have Connolly who's suited to play 2nd, and Bozak is really best suited for the third line role. I say we open up a roster spot to get our young centers some experience:

*yes I know there's a lock out and I know there might not be a season.

It's time to assume that our prospects have matured enough, so let's give them some NHL games.
Seems pretty obvious that you were talking about trading him in time for this current season.

Anyways, liked what I saw of Kadri tonight (which, granted, wasn't too, too much). He's got an awful lot of confidence with the puck, hopefully he has a solid season in the A and can fine-tune his game to get him as prepared as possible for when the NHL comes back.

Old
10-13-2012, 09:24 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

i don't want to nail people from that thread just because they said "no" to now and not "no" to the trade deadline, next season, etc.

if they didn't actually say "well...if Colborne and Kadri show improvement then yes". i was referring to a lot of things: kadri, prospects, the state of the team (no improvement in the offseason), Grabo, etc.

it's just that i got the impression that there's a lot of love for Grabo, and not a lot of confidence for Kadri/Colborne. i say play them. we couldn't get any worse with them in the line-up.

Old
10-14-2012, 12:58 AM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
i don't want to nail people from that thread just because they said "no" to now and not "no" to the trade deadline, next season, etc.

if they didn't actually say "well...if Colborne and Kadri show improvement then yes". i was referring to a lot of things: kadri, prospects, the state of the team (no improvement in the offseason), Grabo, etc.

it's just that i got the impression that there's a lot of love for Grabo, and not a lot of confidence for Kadri/Colborne. i say play them. we couldn't get any worse with them in the line-up.
I completely agree, and I think most people here do too. It's just that you're advocating trading the wrong player. All his faults noted, Grabovski is a solid #2C. He scores, he passes, he "hustles," and he's not a liability in his own end. So instead of trading a guy who we have no reason to trade, why not trade, say, MacArthur, and then put Kadri on the wing, where's he's played almost the entirety of his professional career? Why not move Lombardi or leave Connolly unsigned after this season and slot Colborne into the #3C role? That's the false dilemma you've created here. You can have your cake and eat it too, after all. It's addition by subtraction with the added benefit of keeping your (at the very least statistically) strongest centre. Everyone wins.

Last edited by 7even: 10-14-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old
10-14-2012, 07:46 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I completely agree, and I think most people here do too. It's just that you're advocating trading the wrong player. All his faults noted, Grabovski is a solid #2C. He scores, he passes, he "hustles," and he's not a liability in his own end. So instead of trading a guy who we have no reason to trade, why not trade, say, MacArthur, and then put Kadri on the wing, where's he's played almost the entirety of his professional career? Why not move Lombardi or leave Connolly unsigned after this season and slot Colborne into the #3C role? That's the false dilemma you've created here. You can have your cake and eat it too, after all. It's addition by subtraction with the added benefit of keeping your (at the very least statistically) strongest centre. Everyone wins.
This makes sense. Imagine Grabovski with a couple power forwards. Kulemin(in form) and JVR type of setup. I would name it the DRIVE line and it should be pretty effective if they find chemistry(magic) together.

Personally always liked the idea of two powerful yet skilled workhorse wingers with a C who has some serious dangle. I would build teams around that build, power C are nice as well but harder to get.

Last edited by thewave: 10-14-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old
10-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Leafidelity

vCash: 1775
Quote:
LOL @ one game reports of Kadri.
But newspaper reports before the one game are fine right?

Old
10-14-2012, 09:41 AM
IBeL13f
There Is Pain Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
This makes sense. Imagine Grabovski with a couple power forwards. Kulemin(in form) and JVR type of setup. I would name it the DRIVE line and it should be pretty effective if they find chemistry(magic) together.

Personally always liked the idea of two powerful yet skilled workhorse wingers with a C who has some serious dangle. I would build teams around that build, power C are nice as well but harder to get.
Imagine a JVR - Kadri - Biggs line if all 3 reached their potential...

Old
10-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Cor
BEST IN THE WORLD

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
He's still fat
I guarantee he's in much better shape then you

Old
10-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

During yesterday's Marlies games Brian Burke was in attendance and interviewed in the 2nd period.

He was asked who of the current Marlies has a decent chance to be recalled/promoted and play for the Leafs once the lockout ends.

He mentioned Jake Gardiner as an automatic, and added Korbinian Holzer is believed to be ready, then added that Leo Komarov will be in a battle for a 4th line role, and added Joey Colborne as one that might challenge for a center position if he impresses in his audition.

What was absent from his list was Kadri and was never mentioned in respect to being in Leafs immediate picture.

One than must decide if that makes him behind in his development at this point in time, based on expectations of a former top 10 pick, now age 22.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:49 AM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
During yesterday's Marlies games Brian Burke was in attendance and interviewed in the 2nd period.

He was asked who of the current Marlies has a decent chance to be recalled/promoted and play for the Leafs once the lockout ends.

He mentioned Jake Gardiner as an automatic, and added Korbinian Holzer is believed to be ready, then added that Leo Komarov will be in a battle for a 4th line role, and added Joey Colborne as one that might challenge for a center position if he impresses in his audition.

What was absent from his list was Kadri and was never mentioned in respect to being in Leafs immediate picture.

One than must decide if that makes him behind in his development at this point in time, based on expectations of a former top 10 pick, now age 22.
I thought that was weird. Some people claim they heard him say Naz, but I didn't. He didn't mention him when joe asked if anyone stood out to him. Even the commentators were praising Kadri before but I guess Burke didn't think much of his play.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:49 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post

I will clear this up, he said NAZ, I heard it 100%

Old
10-14-2012, 10:50 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
I thought that was weird. Some people claim they heard him say Naz, but I didn't. He didn't mention him when joe asked if anyone stood out to him. Even the commentators were praising Kadri before but I guess Burke didn't think much of his play.

he said it quickly, I heard And NAZ

Old
10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Leafidelity

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
I will clear this up, he said NAZ, I heard it 100%
Yep. Watched it on PVR. Definitely said Naz. The former top 10 pick, now age 22 is doing just fine.

Closed Thread