Does anyone have VIP access? Journal de Montreal is delusional if they think having articles in the VIP section is gonna increase traffic.
Go to JF Chaumont twitter account and click on the link, it worked for me.
It's nothing big in that article, just the Sting conditioning coach saying Gally > Yakupov due to being more complete and stronger mentally. Also says that Gally's knee is 100% and Gally is a freak in terms of strength.
Great defensive play by Gally to pick up a loose puck short handed, burst down the left wing and take a shot, which went high. Again, accuracy issues. His game is coming along real nicely lately. Skating much harder and looking far more engaged.
3-1 win for Sarnia. Galchenyuk played a fantastic game. Finished with 2 assists, and a +2 rating. He instrumental on all 3 Sarnia goals tonight.
Because of the power outage in Sarnia, the first 15 minutes of the game wasn't broadcasted. From what I heard he set up a nice goal from Goldobin. In the second he looked really good. He didn't created offensively until the end but he every solid defensively. He won almost all of his faceoffs too. Looked very engaged physically. His second assist came from a nice breakout and then a good pass to Dundas. In the third he was great. He didn't lose a single draw, which is a huge improvement since the beginning of the season. He had multiple fancy passes and nice dekes. Very engaged and went to the front of the net, he even gave Darnell Nurse a couple of shots. He had a nice sequence of events where he intercepted the down on the PK, blew down the wing, and then took a hard shot that just missed high. He had a good rush at the end of the game too.
Overall, I felt Galchenyuk played a very strong game. He was very good in the faceoff dot. He played a physical game, and kept his feet moving the entire game. He was noticeable every shift. Still waiting for a dominant performance, but today was pretty damn close. He could have had some more points if Nichols wasn't such a stud today. As mentioned, his shot accuracy needs some work. His shot is so powerful and any time he gets it on net the goalie has trouble controlling it.
- Anthony DeAngelo played an awesome game again. He's just oozing with confidence now, he carries the puck well and is making some excellent decisions with it.
- Craig Hottot was a turnover machine today. He made some absolutely terrible decisions with the puck.
- Connor Murphy was playing a quiet, good game until the third period. He tried to do way too much with the puck and even pinched during a 4-on-4, and turned the puck over. It lead to a 2-1 rush with Goldobin being the only man back.
- Speaking of Goldobin, he was very noticeable. He's got some sick mitts. He got too cute with the puck sometimes, but I won't complain, he created a ton of chances.
- Bryan Moore looked great. Crashed the net hard. I'd like to see a Goldobin - Gally - Moore line.
- Top prospect Darnell Nurse had an interesting game. He played less physical than normal, but he slashing everything he could see. His play overall wasn't anything special, but he very noticeable. Someone who you love on your team, but hate to play against.
- Nick Cousins is an idiot. He's constantly trying to mix it up. Now that wouldn't be a a problem if he was actually playing good hockey while being a pest, but he isn't.
- Justin Nichols looked very good in net. He absolutely robbed Sarnia on multiple occasions.