HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-13-2012, 01:15 PM
  #851
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
well i think most fans are leery about going to the game where u get beat 5-0 .......the product is expensive ,and when u add in major league prices for everything else ......u can watch it in a bar for 35 -40 bucks and save the chance of seeing mediocre hockey
they ll be a few games of sub 5000 fans .....especially if the tigers play on thursday nite ...
but ive noticed alot more freebies around so attendance will be sketchy till the spits identify themselves as a contender or cannon fodder
I'm trying to do the math here:

Spits ticket - $20
drink - $8
Food - $8

Isn't that still 35-40? How would watching in a bar be cheaper?

Prices aren't that far off the rest of the league. People want Windsor Arena prices and a golden team. Sometimes, you won't get it all. We were spoiled, let's not forget that.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 03:01 PM
  #852
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Sorry but $20 walk up price is ludicrous!

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:01 PM
  #853
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Sorry but $20 walk up price is ludicrous!
It's pretty normal.

Western Division:

Plymouth - 12-16 (center ice)
SSM - 17
Sarnia - 20
Saginaw - 13-20


Midwest:
London - 18.75
Guelph 22.50
OS - 18.50
Erie - 16.50
Kitchener - 21

central:
Sudbury - 18-23
Barrie - 19.50 - 21
Mississauga - 17-22
Brampton - 18.50 - 19.50
Niagara - 19-20

East:
Ottawa - 18-21
Ptbo - 20-28
Belleville - 17.50
Kingston - 22
Oshawa - 18.25 - 30

Windsor really isn't that bad compared to many.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:30 PM
  #854
Jakey43
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
They needed to charge more to pay the US players who we thought they were getting because they were so good at developing and such a first class team. Now they will need the money to pay the fine. Then they will need the money to pay for fewer fans because they can't buy the great players to win championships!

Jakey43 is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 05:45 PM
  #855
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey43 View Post
They needed to charge more to pay the US players who we thought they were getting because they were so good at developing and such a first class team. Now they will need the money to pay the fine. Then they will need the money to pay for fewer fans because they can't buy the great players to win championships!

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-13-2012, 06:18 PM
  #856
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey43 View Post
They needed to charge more to pay the US players who we thought they were getting because they were so good at developing and such a first class team. Now they will need the money to pay the fine. Then they will need the money to pay for fewer fans because they can't buy the great players to win championships!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 08:18 AM
  #857
OurHometown
HFB Partner
 
OurHometown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Windsor Spitfires Game Day versus the Niagara Ice Dogs

Windsor Spitfires Game Day versus the Niagara Ice Dogs

The Windsor Spitfires continue their 2012-13 Ontario Hockey League season this afternoon with a home game against the Niagara Ice Dogs at WFCU Centre. This is the only scheduled visit by the Ice Dogs to Windsor. Puck drop is set for 2:05pm.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0041.php


OurHometown is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 12:28 PM
  #858
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Dekort gets the nod for the spits and The Dogs back up draws in for them, 7-4 spits is my prediction.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 01:36 PM
  #859
hullsy47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I'm trying to do the math here:

Spits ticket - $20
drink - $8
Food - $8

Isn't that still 35-40? How would watching in a bar be cheaper?

Prices aren't that far off the rest of the league. People want Windsor Arena prices and a golden team. Sometimes, you won't get it all. We were spoiled, let's not forget that.
u can now go to the club allouette on central 3.75 a beer watch the spits and now enjoy simulcast horse wagering .....and i watched the marlies AHL game ,way faster ,lower your beer and food price and im in .....ill never pay 8bucks a beer in detroit .i certainly wont pay it for junior hockey ....

hullsy47 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 01:44 PM
  #860
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
u can now go to the club allouette on central 3.75 a beer watch the spits and now enjoy simulcast horse wagering .....and i watched the marlies AHL game ,way faster ,lower your beer and food price and im in .....ill never pay 8bucks a beer in detroit .i certainly wont pay it for junior hockey ....
There's a thing called pre-gameing have a couple before the game and then just don't waste your money here, I bring my own food/drinks in, they rarely check you....and to keep up our nice arena tickets aren't going to be 15 bucks common we have a beautiful facility along with a Great organization, it could be ALOT Worse.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 03:40 PM
  #861
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
The shootout has been in use for how long and the Spits STILL suck at them?

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 04:16 PM
  #862
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
The shootout has been in use for how long and the Spits STILL suck at them?
Nice avatar.

How has Ben Johnson looked?

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 07:05 PM
  #863
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I'm trying to do the math here:

Spits ticket - $20
drink - $8
Food - $8

Isn't that still 35-40? How would watching in a bar be cheaper?

Prices aren't that far off the rest of the league. People want Windsor Arena prices and a golden team. Sometimes, you won't get it all. We were spoiled, let's not forget that.
Or how about a family of 3 or 4

Tickets $59 for 3 or $74 for 4
Food and drink just ballpark it around $25

So we are talking about $85-100 for one game for a family of 3 or 4. This is ignoring the family day deals which seem to be for just Sunday's.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 07:16 PM
  #864
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Nice avatar.

How has Ben Johnson looked?
Johnson so far has not played as well as he did last year,more like he did when he was scoreless goal wise in his 1st 22 games
He only has 2 goals in his 1st 10 games played

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 07:21 PM
  #865
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Not a bad effort today overall
Will this team ever win a shootout
brutal- pissing a lot of pts away
DeKort played well I thought,has yet to get a decision,in his 2 starts both losses came by the shootout
Actually I dont count them as losses myself,his record thru 3 games is 0-0-0-2
Nice to see Rychel developing some chemistry
Sure would like to see Maletta bury a few,certainly gets the chances,same with Emerson Clark

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
  #866
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Or how about a family of 3 or 4

Tickets $59 for 3 or $74 for 4
Food and drink just ballpark it around $25

So we are talking about $85-100 for one game for a family of 3 or 4. This is ignoring the family day deals which seem to be for just Sunday's.
This is the same for many activities with a family of four. Let's talk movies - four tickets, four pops, four regular popcorns - about $70-75?

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 08:21 PM
  #867
Sec108
Registered User
 
Sec108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IHate LONDON COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Not a bad effort today overall
Will this team ever win a shootout
brutal- pissing a lot of pts away
DeKort played well I thought,has yet to get a decision,in his 2 starts both losses came by the shootout
Actually I dont count them as losses myself,his record thru 3 games is 0-0-0-2
Nice to see Rychel developing some chemistry
Sure would like to see Maletta bury a few,certainly gets the chances,same with Emerson Clark

Spits should have lost this game, if not for De Korts strong play and the Dogs hitting the ref to keep the puck in the Niagara end zone and Spits score 3rd goal.
Lucky to get point
PP still not up to a decent level.
too many passengers again.
Niagara is shockingly didnt dominate game with all their veteren presence.
Great we have 2 goalies to count on now.
the D has to be alot more physical esp.Ebert and Seiloff
Where is Seiloff's physical game we heard so much about.????
If team stays same by trade deadline forget Mem cup 2014 and start trades for players/picks for some passengers like Ebert,Clarke,E.Clark,Devlin etc.Let kids play and build for future instead.
Shootout brutal AGAIN!!!!

Sec108 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 09:41 PM
  #868
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Spits are 4-2-0-3 since the 1st game loss to Owen Sd,respectable despite several players who are too inconsistent,not enough physical play in the D-zone
Would not bother me if DeKort played more often as he has played well in his every outing
Scoring from the defense is a concern only 1 goal from the 7 reg
D-men,Seiloff has the only tally in their 1st 10 games,pts wise only 17 overall with Ebert leading the way with 6 pts
The goal total is surprising considering Seiloff,Ebert,Devlin and Mcnaughton have bombs for a shot

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:13 PM
  #869
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
This is the same for many activities with a family of four. Let's talk movies - four tickets, four pops, four regular popcorns - about $70-75?
That point doesn't help your case considering movie theatre attendance is at an all time low. Just as it's tough to draw fans for the Spits..

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:20 PM
  #870
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That point doesn't help your case considering movie theatre attendance is at an all time low. Just as it's tough to draw fans for the Spits..
When you can get movies for free at home, or very, very cheap, that's what happens. The Spitfires are priced competitively for a family of four, which was my point.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:21 PM
  #871
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Spits are 4-2-0-3 since the 1st game loss to Owen Sd,respectable despite several players who are too inconsistent,not enough physical play in the D-zone
Would not bother me if DeKort played more often as he has played well in his every outing
Scoring from the defense is a concern only 1 goal from the 7 reg
D-men,Seiloff has the only tally in their 1st 10 games,pts wise only 17 overall with Ebert leading the way with 6 pts
The goal total is surprising considering Seiloff,Ebert,Devlin and Mcnaughton have bombs for a shot
Need to start winning a couple shootouts. I am not sure what their all time record is in a shootout but I am getting they lose 65-70% of their shootout games. We can talk about the shootout being a gimmick but it does speak to the lack gifted scorers the Spits have on the team.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
10-14-2012, 10:21 PM
  #872
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
When you can get movies for free at home, or very, very cheap, that's what happens. The Spitfires are priced competitively for a family of four, which was my point.
Then why aren't they coming out?

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 01:14 AM
  #873
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Then why aren't they coming out?
Windsor has a TON of bandwagon fans.

OHLTG is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 05:51 AM
  #874
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Need to start winning a couple shootouts. I am not sure what their all time record is in a shootout but I am getting they lose 65-70% of their shootout games. We can talk about the shootout being a gimmick but it does speak to the lack gifted scorers the Spits have on the team.
Even when Windsor had the great teams our shootout records were not great,u are correct need to win more then lose,the pts blown are critical

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 08:33 AM
  #875
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Windsor has a TON of bandwagon fans.
I am betting the bandwagon in Windsor is no worse than other places. In fact i think this bandwagon thing is an absolute load of ___ and this is why. Everybody knows the Spits are bidding for the Memorial Cup this year if they were really bandwagon fans these fans would have gotten season tickets this year to ensure the possibility of getting dibs on Memorial Cup tickets for 2014. Season ticket numbers are dwindling because costs outweigh the benefits.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.