HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part II (Post 746 **Placed on Waivers**)

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 01:15 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
That was sooooooooooo WWI.

Whoaaaa, someone has a little too much time on his hands.
props! You caught that! (being in California where 98% think it was their insurance coverage, I'm happy!)

Old
10-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
props! You caught that! (being in California where 98% think it was their insurance coverage, I'm happy!)
I'm just happy to see that anyone around these parts even knows about stuff like that...

Old
10-14-2012, 03:59 PM
redbull
game on

Looks like the Rick lost his first game, allowing 3 goals and an empty netter. And it looks like his team was pretty horrid even before he got there.

Anyone seen the game or highlights of the goals?

Old
10-14-2012, 06:41 PM
StrongIslanders90

Anyone else see the press conference when the media was talking about DP's 15 year contract Rick joked and said hes actually looking for an extention right now...

glad hes still got his sense of humor

Old
10-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Looks like the Rick lost his first game, allowing 3 goals and an empty netter. And it looks like his team was pretty horrid even before he got there.

Anyone seen the game or highlights of the goals?
Actually, the report on Hannover's homepage says that both Dipietro and D'Agostino were NOT in the line-up.

Ohhhh, wait a second, that was Friday.

Yep, they both played in the home loss yesterday. Dipietro allowed three goals against in 59:20 of play.

D'Agostino didn't score.

The team is dead last in the standings.

Folks, we are talking about ECHL-level hockey here, with the third and fourth lines made up of mostly kids who'd be playing high school hockey stateside.

You can follow the weekly stats at this link:
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=9470

Old
10-15-2012, 11:10 AM
OpAck

Between Rick, JT, Streit, and Grabner...my Google Translate function is getting a good workout.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Isles Junkie

another helmet? jeez.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
leaponover

Quote:
Actually, the report on Hannover's homepage says that both Dipietro and D'Agostino were NOT in the line-up.

Ohhhh, wait a second, that was Friday.

Yep, they both played in the home loss yesterday. Dipietro allowed three goals against in 59:20 of play.

D'Agostino didn't score.

The team is dead last in the standings.

Folks, we are talking about ECHL-level hockey here, with the third and fourth lines made up of mostly kids who'd be playing high school hockey stateside.

You can follow the weekly stats at this link:
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=9470
So what kind of role will D'Agostino have on the team do you think? Is he considered a 1st or 2nd liner since the skill level is that low? I'm interested if this can serve as a somewhat decent opportunity for Rick to ease his way back into action and get some confidence and poise back. Guess we will find out.

Old
10-16-2012, 01:56 AM
SchwenningerWildWing

Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
D'Agostini should be a leader on this team. Riessersee is dead last in the standings and I think D'Agostini will be their go-to-guy. DiPietro will see a lot of pucks in the game he plays. Also, in the 2nd league in germany shots are not counted, so there will be no save percentage for DiPietro during his time over here, just a goals against average. And I think this average will not be nice on a bad team like Riessersee

Old
10-19-2012, 08:00 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Rickety in the press box for his game in germany today. LOL

Old
10-20-2012, 07:42 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CShuckWangGoAway View Post
must be some Knee inflamation....

Old
10-20-2012, 10:19 AM
A Pointed Stick
Sell? Of Course!

Quote:
And they've got some prrrrrretty bad ice down there. Shockingly bad in fact. Thin as can be and more ruts than at a construction site.

But cool old wooden seats in the stands!

BTW, you're a Barmbek Boy, eh?

Never seen one posting around these parts. Very cool!
For about 5 seconds I wondered about his choice to play overseas as well, but it isn't worth a second of thought more really.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
That's not unexpected when he isn't starting. The league has rules about how many foreigners can play every game, which isn't the same as the number they can have under contract. With their two NHL-signings, someone had to sit. Now the backup will play, so not having DiPietro on the bench opens up a spot for someone who had to sit.

DiPietro didn't play particularly well in the first two games and the team says they might have underestimated the time it takes for someone who hasn't played in a long time to get accustomed. They will have almost a week of rest after this game, enough time for lots of practise. They thought it would help more if they give DiPietro a whole week of practise instead of throwing him into another game before he has settled.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:07 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
That's not unexpected when he isn't starting. The league has rules about how many foreigners can play every game, which isn't the same as the number they can have under contract. With their two NHL-signings, someone had to sit. Now the backup will play, so not having DiPietro on the bench opens up a spot for someone who had to sit.

DiPietro didn't play particularly well in the first two games and the team says they might have underestimated the time it takes for someone who hasn't played in a long time to get accustomed. They will have almost a week of rest after this game, enough time for lots of practise. They thought it would help more if they give DiPietro a whole week of practise instead of throwing him into another game before he has settled.

Same old excuses. Any legit NHL goalie should dominate that league. And from what i understand, the team that finishes last is leaving the league? Yeah, they would put any other NHL goalie in the press box when they need a win so bad. What will the excuses be when he doesn't start next time.

This team is smarter than Wang. How sad is that?

This isn't the NHL, these excuses don't work for this league. He's a bum.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:17 PM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

Quote:

Same old excuses. Any legit NHL goalie should dominate that league. And from what i understand, the team that finishes last is leaving the league? Yeah, they would put any other NHL goalie in the press box when they need a win so bad. What will the excuses be when he doesn't start next time.

This team is smarter than Wang. How sad is that?

This isn't the NHL, these excuses don't work for this league. He's a bum.
DiPietro should dominate the league, but it is a different enough style over there that he may need some adjusting.

And actually finishing last in the relegation playoff doesn't mean relegation in the 2-Bundesliga anymore. Bremerhaven were competitively relegated last season but Oberliga winner Bad Tolz couldn't get the funding to move up so they remained in the league. But Riesersee isn't that great of a team, and with their leading scorer heading down the road to Munchen this year not even an NHL may be able to save that squad...

Old
10-20-2012, 01:53 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

i notice a whole bunch of other players who go over there for higher leagues seem to do pretty good.

Maybe they don't need the same adjusting.

Old
10-20-2012, 01:58 PM
OlTimeHockey

If DP needs adjusting, it's likely from a chiropractor.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:29 PM
malPHONEY

The numbers don't lie, he's done. It's been like, half a decade since he was NHL-caliber and all of the athleticism he had going for himself is gone.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:35 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

LOL @ oltime. it's amazing people still makes excuses for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
The numbers don't lie, he's done. It's been like, half a decade since he was NHL-caliber and all of the athleticism he had going for himself is gone.
Yep.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:53 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
LOL @ oltime. it's amazing people still makes excuses for him.

Yep.
His new ponytail and jawline make him far more aerodynamic. Just sayin'. Sizzling bacon could now be soaring bacon.

Old
10-21-2012, 05:22 AM
Ballard
Rookie User

I am from this city in Germany where Rick diPietro actually play! I really have to say this this guy is complete out of shape! It is clear visible he still have some health problems. Well I hope for his fans he will be recovered soon for the NHL level. I am wondering why he come here and stay not in the USA to practice after his injury.

By the way our ice is not worst. It is just in a natural look. The NHL ice is colored with white pigments to give better light reflections wich is necessary for TV broadcasting. But in Germany we are sleeping in many ways around hockey, as soccer is the unbeaten no. 1 here.

Old
10-21-2012, 07:30 AM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard View Post
I am from this city in Germany where Rick diPietro actually play! I really have to say this this guy is complete out of shape! It is clear visible he still have some health problems. Well I hope for his fans he will be recovered soon for the NHL level. I am wondering why he come here and stay not in the USA to practice after his injury.

By the way our ice is not worst. It is just in a natural look. The NHL ice is colored with white pigments to give better light reflections wich is necessary for TV broadcasting. But in Germany we are sleeping in many ways around hockey, as soccer is the unbeaten no. 1 here.
LOL, it took this German guy 2 games to figure out what some isles fans still haven't. maybe he doesn't care how cute rickety is.

Old
10-21-2012, 09:53 AM
It Was 4 to 1
Penguins MVPs

2 game sample sizes are the best

Old
10-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Giuseppe Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOceanless View Post
More like 6 year sample size.

Old
10-21-2012, 11:15 AM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOceanless View Post
Two games? You're an isles fan, right? You do watch the 8-10 times a year he plays? The guy is as useless as boobs on a bull.

Closed Thread