HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Burke did say "Naz". I heard it loud and clear.

Old
10-14-2012, 02:43 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
LOL @ one game reports of Kadri.
I'm never going to understand what your problem is. Why can't you be happy he had a good game? He's a Leaf prospect, is it not in our best interest for our prospects to do well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
I will clear this up, he said NAZ, I heard it 100%
Thanks for that. Stopped the fire from spreading.

Last edited by LeafOfBread: 10-14-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old
10-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Yeah he definitely said Colborne and Naz. Outright lies aren't nice, and don't help anyone.

Old
10-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Yeah he definitely said Colborne and Naz. Outright lies aren't nice, and don't help anyone.
It's great for the minions on this site to spread their own personal agenda though. Whatever works for them I guess.

Old
10-14-2012, 03:15 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I'm never going to understand what your problem is. Why can't you be happy he had a good game? He's a Leaf prospect, is it not in our best interest for our prospects to do well?

i'm like a lot of disgruntled leaf fans. i want our prospects to succeed. i want the leafs to get better. i have just grown impatient of Kadri and his slow progress. if he contributes to the leafs i will be the first to say that "i was wrong about Kadri". deal?

Old
10-14-2012, 03:19 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

He looked fine last night. Still the best offensive forward on the Marlies, without a doubt.

Old
10-14-2012, 03:20 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

OT: Confirmed with Link: Mac on the trade blocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Yep. Watched it on PVR. Definitely said Naz. The former top 10 pick, now age 22 is doing just fine.

mmmaybe

Old
10-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Tak7

There are a lot of people who were drafted in and around Kadri in the 2009 draft, who are still trying to find their feet and their niche. So I don't think he's behind.

Would it be nice to see him as an NHL lock right now? Of course it would be. But just because he hasn't crossed that hurdle yet, doesn't make him a useless prospect. I think people are right to be concerned, but I don't think he's behind or worth writing off

Old
10-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
..............mother of GOD lol Is that really your room?
No, it's from ******. Though he'll probably claim it is.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:42 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
During yesterday's Marlies games Brian Burke was in attendance and interviewed in the 2nd period.

He was asked who of the current Marlies has a decent chance to be recalled/promoted and play for the Leafs once the lockout ends.

He mentioned Jake Gardiner as an automatic, and added Korbinian Holzer is believed to be ready, then added that Leo Komarov will be in a battle for a 4th line role, and added Joey Colborne as one that might challenge for a center position if he impresses in his audition.

What was absent from his list was Kadri and was never mentioned in respect to being in Leafs immediate picture.

One than must decide if that makes him behind in his development at this point in time, based on expectations of a former top 10 pick, now age 22.
Kadri was mentioned by Burke. I'm sure it was an honest oversight oin your part Mess.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Kadri was mentioned by Burke. I'm sure it was an honest oversight oin your part Mess.
Naz?

Old
10-14-2012, 05:20 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Naz?
I didn't watch any of the intermissions and was in and out during the game.

Is the interview on the Marlies website? Was there more than 1 Burke interview? Was the broadcast interupted by commercials, with those being different in east versus west which can happen with local cable companies placing their adds?

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
10-15-2012, 06:10 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

Is the interview on the Marlies website? Was there more than 1 Burke interview? Was the broadcast interupted by commercials, with those being different in east versus west which can happen with local cable companies placing their adds?
Not sure if he slipped Naz in there.

I will say again though that Kadri is not developing in the AHL, he hasnt now into the 3rd year of stagnation. Last year should have been his full first year, this year people seem to think he is more sturdy which is good obviously. If we have a season and he isnt part of it I imagine he will demand trade...

Old
10-15-2012, 08:53 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Not sure if he slipped Naz in there.

I will say again though that Kadri is not developing in the AHL, he hasnt now into the 3rd year of stagnation. Last year should have been his full first year, this year people seem to think he is more sturdy which is good obviously. If we have a season and he isnt part of it I imagine he will demand trade...

he said naz

Old
10-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Not sure why people are so hard of hearing. Maybe it's selective hearing.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:28 AM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

The interview was during the second period, I didn't hear him say Naz and at the time found it odd he didn't mention him. But given the number of people who say they heard it, including those watching on PVR it, it would certainly seem he just said it quickly and I missed it.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:43 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
No, it's from ******. Though he'll probably claim it is.
Why would anyone be proud to claim that room as their own?

Old
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
I thought Kadri was great tonight. He held the puck very, very well and his left and right shifts (fakes) were much improved, which made his movement much more deceptive. This tells me that his hips and flexibility have improved.
that's some amazingly detailed scouting. of all the hockey i've watched over the years, i've never noticed a player's hips and flexibility. you must have been watching very intensely. i doubt even pro scouts see this kind of detail.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
I guarantee he's in much better shape then you
is that where we set the bar? if he's in better shape than most posters on an internet message board, we're happy?

Old
10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
he said naz
I think people are looking into it too much.

But on the first game, second intermission, Burke was asked which Marlies players he felt would have a shot of making the big club. In a fairly short response, he mentioned Holzer and Gardiner on defense, and Komarov and Colborne on offense. I'm pretty sure he didn't mention Kadri, but he probably meant nothing by it.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
that's some amazingly detailed scouting. of all the hockey i've watched over the years, i've never noticed a player's hips and flexibility. you must have been watching very intensely. i doubt even pro scouts see this kind of detail.
Hips/flexibility are a big part of shifty-ness. His shifty-ness looked improved, thus I think it's logical to think that maybe his hips/flexibility. I would guess that hips & flexibility are things that Roberts would focus on as it's a huge aspect of athleticism. Thanks for coming out champ.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:39 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Quote:
is that where we set the bar? if he's in better shape than most posters on an internet message board, we're happy?
All that aside, what are your impressions of Kadri and the Marlies after watching the 1st 2 Games?

Old
10-15-2012, 12:45 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Kadri is so behind in his development he's playing in the AHL again this year..

10-15-2012, 01:29 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
All that aside, what are your impressions of Kadri and the Marlies after watching the 1st 2 Games?
I saw the 1st game live.. I came way pretty impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts
Nazem Kadri was the among the best forwards last night. He's got great hands and even better vision. Last night, he was literally a pure playmaker, passing all throughout the game. Has the ability to make tape-to-tape passes through heavy traffic and even when it seems impossible. Really would have liked to see him take some shots though.. He was also pretty engaged as he had a little scrum with Girgensons.(who didn't look out of place for a 18yr old kid who was playing in the USHL last season)
Whenever he passes the opposing teams blueline he projects confidence which gets the defenseman to back-off a bit. This situation led directly to Gardiner's goal as Kadri entered the zone with speed and then dropped the puck off to Gardiner who wired it home.

He seemed pretty strong on his skates, didn't notice him getting pushed around like he was with the Leafs at times. And for all the ire he seems to draw for being overly pretty with the puck, he rarely stickhandled and seemed to rather carry the puck and utilize his vision to make a sweet tape-to-tape pass.

Most of his detractors: Slow, weak, not good defensively, too pretty.. Didn't show up at all in this game. He played at the same pace as every other player, didn't get pushed around, was winning faceoffs at center, backchecking and rarely stickhandled. He's got such a heavy shot and it was a shame it took until around the 3rd period for him to register his first shot.

He definitely shined in this game.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
I saw the 1st game live.. I came way pretty impressed.

Whenever he passes the opposing teams blueline he projects confidence which gets the

He definitely shined in this game.
How many hits did he take to make a play for a teammate? None! How did his feet look in his own end, when he didn't have the puck? Slow! He plays a selfish game. He needs to work on his leadership. Or, is leadership something a player either has, or does not have?

Closed Thread