HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Autumn Thunder: Standing On the Shoulders of Giants

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Sivek

vCash: 500
He should be cut immediately. He DUI's, hits cars, aggravated assault, flees the scene, then resists arrest. No way he should be on the team come next week. It's truly amazing he didn't kill someone.

Old
10-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
10-14-2012, 01:57 PM
JTG

http://www.wimp.com/manjumping/

JJ Watt in college

Old
10-14-2012, 02:30 PM
SomeDude

This season and draft class has been such a disaster for the Steelers.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Flat Stanley

He should be released by the Steelers, don't see why they would keep him.

Old
10-14-2012, 06:04 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Yea that's insane...had high hopes for him, but now he's just another thug idiot.

Old
10-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

I wanted Ta'amu in the 2nd round...I had very high hopes for him...but there's just no way you don't cut a guy for that. He just threw his NFL career down the toilet because he was too proud to have someone else drive him after drinking a ton (something the NFL provides, free of cost, specifically to avoid this kind of crap).

Old
10-14-2012, 06:21 PM
JTG

I don't understand why someone doesn't just own up to a DUI? Sure, you're going to get in trouble, but a DUI wouldn't cost him his career. Endangering people even more so than driving under the influence is just a horrendous decision. I thought he could have a promising career here. Very sad to see him do this and more than likely cost him his position here.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Mordax
It don't Maatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I don't understand why someone doesn't just own up to a DUI? Sure, you're going to get in trouble, but a DUI wouldn't cost him his career. Endangering people even more so than driving under the influence is just a horrendous decision. I thought he could have a promising career here. Very sad to see him do this and more than likely cost him his position here.
Not defending his behavior, because it was terrible but, people don't always think straight when they're drunk and realize they're in trouble

Old
10-14-2012, 07:54 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordax View Post
Not defending his behavior, because it was terrible but, people don't always think straight when they're drunk and realize they're in trouble
That's why you don't put yourself in that situation.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:15 PM
JTG

His spot on this team has a lot to do with how the team perceived him before he was drafted. From everything I read, he was a top notch guy in college. Everything I read said he was a very respectful, mature, and honorable person, who was big into community service and giving back. Was this one outlier for him, or have there been past behaviors that weren't bad enough to come out publicly, but the organization caught wind of.

I have believed all day that he'd be cut because this organization doesn't put up with that, but when you take a step back and think about things logically...he's 22. This is a gigantic mistake he made, but I think if the right things are done, almost all of the charges will be thrown out, aside from the DUI, and he'll get lesser offenses (i.e. not felonies).

We'll see what happens tomorrow. I honestly hope he isn't cut because I think he has great potential, and we could really use him.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:34 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

He'll be able to plea them out in court, and depending on what's stacked he could be eligible for programs. But ill guarantee he's cut so it doesn't matter anyway. Kid's an idiot. I've stopped plenty of DUI's ranging from 18 years old to 40 and none have fled and almost hit people. Most are upset at themselves actually and admit they were wrong almost immediately.

Maybe because he's an athlete he knew he was ****ed and panicked, but it was a terrible choice.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

Ta'amu is one of those guys that supposedly had high character off the field before the draft.

Still...this is one of those things that's too big to just brush off and ignore. I have no problem with the Steelers waiting a couple days to figure out the whole story, but if things are as they seem then you just have to let the kid go.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:52 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

The Steeler Way is a myth and has been for years. Look at the incident with James Harrison. What about Ernie Holmes, who shot at a police helicopter? Even when Santonio got busted with possession, he was with the team for another 18 months before being traded.

I could see him being released on Tuesday. However, I think there's a small chance - and I mean very small chance - that he's not released right away or perhaps not released at all.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

Harrison was never charged with anything (it still was a double-standard to cut Wilson for the same essential thing without waiting for due process...but Wilson was probably going to be cut by the Steelers before he played another game anyway...that just gave them a reason to do so early) and Santonio was busted with possession of pot. He kept doing it so he eventually was thrown away, but you don't release a first round pick/Super Bowl MVP because of bleeping marijuana. Half the league is probably holding at this point...difference is most of the league has more than four brain cells and don't keep getting caught for it.

Ernie Holmes was way before my time. The 'Steelers way' is definitely much more of an aura than a truth, but there was nothing ever written that said that any indiscretion had to be met with walking papers.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:07 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

yes, pot. It may not be in the same class as Bam Morris (who was carrying several kilos when he got busted), but it still is illegal.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

It's ****ing pot. The only reason it's illegal and alcohol isn't is that alcohol has been around (as a human intoxicant) for much longer.

I say that as someone who drinks a ton and hates pot. The only reason it's still illegal is nothing more than old school politics and public naïveté.

Now once you start valuing your daily toke over the job you're paid to do, especially after promising to stop to the coach, then you should be dumped off...but until it's a real problem I just can't buy 'pot possession' by itself as being a cut-worthy offense.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Mordax
It don't Maatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
That's why you don't put yourself in that situation.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:45 AM
sniugneP

Ravens defense is in bad shape now. Lewis may be out of season due to torn triceps, Webb is out with torn ACL and Ngata suffered sprained MCL. Dallas ran 227 yards against them yesterday. I could see high scoring games between Steelers and Ravens.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
It's ****ing pot. The only reason it's illegal and alcohol isn't is that alcohol has been around (as a human intoxicant) for much longer.

I say that as someone who drinks a ton and hates pot. The only reason it's still illegal is nothing more than old school politics and public naïveté.

Now once you start valuing your daily toke over the job you're paid to do, especially after promising to stop to the coach, then you should be dumped off...but until it's a real problem I just can't buy 'pot possession' by itself as being a cut-worthy offense.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you. I've never smoked a day in my life, and I think the War On Drugs is one of the problems in this country (whether it be the overpopulation in prisons or the billions of $ spent on enforcement, among other things).

Although he wasn't dealt away immediately, had Santonio not been busted for possession, I'm sure the Steelers would have landed more than a 5th for him. However, I was a little surprised when I read that the 5th was eventually converted into the return of McFadden and the drafting of Antonio Brown with the Cards 6th round pick.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
JTG

Not sure they would have landed much more than a 4th for him. That's the nature of the NFL, and I'll never understand it. Draft picks seem to be more valuable than established guy.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Dupree13

Quote:
Those corners are serviceable - serviceable in the 3rd CB in a nickel or dime package sort of way. At this point in time, none of them should be starting, and since the start of the season, Ike shouldn't be starting either. He's been pathetic. At least we have safeties. Granted, they'll probably be hurt, but at least they are there. We have very little that is of any redeemable quality at corner.
I thought we were talking about this in terms of what is a more pressing need for the future, as we're stuck with what we have this year anyway.

But whe these young corners are not world beaters, you'd always want an elite cover guy, there's hardly any of them around. I subscribe to the view that a secondary is only as good as the front seven in terms of pass rush. QB has all day against the Steelers, of course the corners will look bad. I think these guys are good enough but they need to figure out the pass rush either through infusion of talent via a high draft choice, or maybe a scheme adjustment of some kind.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
Not sure they would have landed much more than a 4th for him. That's the nature of the NFL, and I'll never understand it. Draft picks seem to be more valuable than established guy.
You do realize you just posted this on HF, right?

Old
10-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

no B1G teams in the top 25 of the BCS. Florida over Oregon for #2. and the most overrated team in the country comes in at #5. the frequently denigrated Big (L)East has Rutgers (15), Louisville (16) and Cincinnati (21). the state of Texas has: Tech, TAMU, TCU and UT in the poll.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Mordax
It don't Maatta

(likely) No Pouncey or Gilbert against the Bungles
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...unday-night-vs

Closed Thread