HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2012, 12:08 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
My bad. Refund is by games cancelled, True Blue by total paid in.

It is total amount, but only through cancellation. If they cancel in late December, you may only get a weeks worth of interest due to the "until either the resolution of the labor dispute or the end of the month in which a full season cancellation is announced, whichever comes first."

If the season goes by the wayside, they'll have your money from cancellation until next October with no interest paid to you for that time period. Granted, you would be paying in to next season come the end of March anyhow, but they'd have 3 months of no-interest to you.

But even $4k at 2% for a month is only $6.67 of interest.

Point is, there is nothing substantial to entice you to let them hold your money. They're not giving you any perk outside of the additional interest, which will probably be nominal at best.
It makes no sense why we shouldn't be gaining interest until March then.

10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

I'm sorry but 0.167% / month on cancelled tickets is not remotely enough to make things interesting to me for keeping my money there. If they offered concession credit, seat upgrades, free merchandise / autograph opportunities, etc... then I'd let them hold it until next year. But this token interest is worthless and just a gesture to cover themselves legally

Old
10-08-2012, 02:05 PM
broadwayblue

Can we legally request that they refund all monies paid thus far...and ask to be invoiced again at such time as the lockout is ended?

Old
10-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Wonder how many pre-season games we'll get to pay for now that the season isn't starting on time and the Garden is ready for action? You know that's coming.
I just looked at my letter from last renewal period and it says "The Rangers will not be playing any pre-season games at the Garden this fall,and therefore you will only be charged for 41 regular season games."
I think there would be a huge uproar if they tried to charge STH's for these worthless games. Maybe I based my decision to renew on the fact that I was told I wouldnt have to purchase any pre-season games. For my two $73.00 seats the usual 3 games is $440.00 out the window. This may be the last straw for me, I am tired of getting screwed over by this organization, if they try to stick me with pre-season tix I may ask for a refund after ripping into everyone from my rep up to the highest management level that will entertain my rants.
Does everyone else feel the same way?

Old
10-09-2012, 09:31 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
Does everyone else feel the same way?
Preseason tickets are a joke, they charge you for 3 games at full season price. Other teams will charge half price, and in the NBA teams like the wizards only charge you for one preseason game (at half price). I gave up Jets season tickets only because of the preseason obligation, and I may do the same with the Rangers in 2014-15 when preseason games come back. It'll just be cheaper to stubhub it

Old
10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
patnyrnyg

In fairness to the Jets, it was not their fault (and I hate the Jets). They were the last team and they only forced season ticket holders to buy pre-season games because the league made them do so.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:35 PM
sbjnyc

That was when Leon Hess owned the team. No one would have had to tell Woody Johnson to charge for preseason games.

Old
10-09-2012, 05:36 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I'm sorry but 0.167% / month on cancelled tickets is not remotely enough to make things interesting to me for keeping my money there. If they offered concession credit, seat upgrades, free merchandise / autograph opportunities, etc... then I'd let them hold it until next year. But this token interest is worthless and just a gesture to cover themselves legally
I have to agree. I haven't calculated it, but I can't imagine my $50 tickets will generate much interest in actual dollars.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:18 PM
mattberman

I want to dispute all charges made by the Rangers since I renewed. How do you think that would go down if we all did that?

Old
10-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattberman View Post
I want to dispute all charges made by the Rangers since I renewed. How do you think that would go down if we all did that?
They would probably give you back your money and sell your seats to someone else. That approach might get you somewhere if they didn't have a waiting list for season tickets.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:07 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt67 View Post
They would probably give you back your money and sell your seats to someone else. That approach might get you somewhere if they didn't have a waiting list for season tickets.
Depends where your seats are. If you have $47 seats they will gladly let you take a walk. If you're in Club Gold a rep will show up at your door on his knees with a bouquet

Old
10-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

What do we do if the season comes back, and there are 2 or 3 preseason games at home?? Will they charge us full price for those...the agreement I made on the invoice when I payed for my tickets was 41 regular season home games. Not 30 home games and 3 preseason, I would want to be credited for 11 games. I sware if that happens theres going to be alot of problems.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
What do we do if the season comes back, and there are 2 or 3 preseason games at home?? Will they charge us full price for those...the agreement I made on the invoice when I payed for my tickets was 41 regular season home games. Not 30 home games and 3 preseason, I would want to be credited for 11 games. I sware if that happens theres going to be alot of problems.
I bet Dolan tries to slide those in because of how much money he's going to lose on the cancelled games. Fans will be livid, and he won't care

Old
10-15-2012, 12:38 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
If that happens, you can add 1 more to the list of angry emails and phone calls.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
First off--the league isn't going to waste its time after a lockout having pre-season games and teams have absolutely no interest in having them rather than an extra regular season game or two (pre-season games don't even sell out at MSG). Second--if you read your invoice it says you are paying for 41 regular season games. That piece of paper is a contract and it prevents the Rangers from changing the terms of the deal without your agreement--not that Dolan wants to see any pre-season games taking up one of his dates for a regular season game.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:28 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
First off--the league isn't going to waste its time after a lockout having pre-season games and teams have absolutely no interest in having them rather than an extra regular season game or two (pre-season games don't even sell out at MSG). Second--if you read your invoice it says you are paying for 41 regular season games. That piece of paper is a contract and it prevents the Rangers from changing the terms of the deal without your agreement--not that Dolan wants to see any pre-season games taking up one of his dates for a regular season game.
Wasn't there a preseason game or two before the season started in 95? There has to be a training camp and I'm sure they will have a game or two just so guys are in game shape. Nothing more than 7-10 days though I'd imagine.

10-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Only saying it because I know the NBA had a few preseason games for like a week.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
So you're saying they'll go straight from training camp to opening night? Not even 1 pre-season game for a tuneup or to allow teams to decide who they want to keep vs. send down based on actual game performance? I'm fine with that...but it seems odd.

Old
10-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
So you're saying they'll go straight from training camp to opening night? Not even 1 pre-season game for a tuneup or to allow teams to decide who they want to keep vs. send down based on actual game performance? I'm fine with that...but it seems odd.
I'm assuming owners would rather have the proceeds from regular season games rather than pre-season games (that don't even sell out in NYC). Management will continue to evaluate players wherever they are playing and I'm sure have made plans to deal with a shortened training camp. Most teams don't have that many openings and their youngest players/prospects are more likely to be playing in their system through the lockout. Certain bubble players who can't find a team to play for during the lockout may suffer, but their place on the NHL roster are always at risk and there will be a lot of players on the waiver wire, either because of salary considerations or because some player who got to play during the lockout caught management's eye. But this is just my guess.

Old
10-16-2012, 07:11 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Wasn't there a preseason game or two before the season started in 95? There has to be a training camp and I'm sure they will have a game or two just so guys are in game shape. Nothing more than 7-10 days though I'd imagine.
No. In 94-95, training camp and pre-season went on as usual and then the lockout started when pre-season ended. I remember after each pre-season game, players lined up and shook hands as a sign on union solidarity.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
From the latest proposal the NHL has made, which includes starting the season in 16 days, it sounds like they are not including any pre-season games in their timeline.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:44 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
From the latest proposal the NHL has made, which includes starting the season in 16 days, it sounds like they are not including any pre-season games in their timeline.
At this point I'm fine with that IF it means we can have an 82 game season.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:54 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
At this point I'm fine with that IF it means we can have an 82 game season.
I'd rather they chop off some games and make it a 70 game season or something. The Rangers play a grind down type of hockey and less games now means they'll be more fresh in the playoffs

Old
10-16-2012, 04:08 PM
broadwayblue

dupe

Old
10-16-2012, 04:08 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I'd rather they chop off some games and make it a 70 game season or something. The Rangers play a grind down type of hockey and less games now means they'll be more fresh in the playoffs
I hear you...but at the end of the day that style of play really didn't come back to bite us. If we had a little more offensive talent we would have been fine.

Closed Thread