HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eastern Conf. Standings: Who will finish #15? (Assuming there's a season)

View Poll Results: Who will finish 15th in the Eastern Conference in 2012-13?
Boston 0 0%
Buffalo 5 9.62%
Carolina 0 0%
Florida 0 0%
Montreal 8 15.38%
New Jersey 1 1.92%
NY Islanders 16 30.77%
NY Rangers 0 0%
Ottawa 4 7.69%
Philadelphia 0 0%
Pittsburgh 0 0%
Tampa Bay 2 3.85%
Toronto 14 26.92%
Washington 0 0%
Winnipeg 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Zip15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I'm the first person to vote New Jersey? That team is in trouble if Kovalchuk or Zajac miss even a small amount of time. What happens if Henrique has a sophomore slump?
I have them pegged in the 12th-13th area. I think they'll be like the 2010-11 version of the Devs that missed Parise. Even so, that group closed strong and almost made a historic run to the playoffs. But I agree they'll have struggles.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:07 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I'm the first person to vote New Jersey? That team is in trouble if Kovalchuk or Zajac miss even a small amount of time. What happens if Henrique has a sophomore slump?
That team was just in the Finals.

I mean, everybody's expecting them to fall a bit, but seriously? They're far from the frontrunner for last place.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post

I mean, everybody's expecting them to fall a bit, but seriously? They're far from the frontrunner for last place.
I don't think they're "far from the frontrunner for last place".
They have so many question marks, including losing one of their top forwards and captain (Parise), their second leading scorer (Elias) getting older and coming off an awful playoffs after a fantastic regular season, their third best goal scorer had a career year (Clarkson, had never cracked 20 prior), one of their top players possibly being hit with a sophomore slump (Henrique), a no name defense with little to no offensive presence, and ancient goaltending.

I almost chose them but went with us instead since you never know what you'll get with this team.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Moskau

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post

I expect them to be 14th or 15th. I think the team as a whole is as bad or worse than some of the teams Kovalchuk had to carry in Atlanta. I think they're putting a lot of stock on Hedberg being able to carry Brodeur into the playoffs like he did last year. During the playoffs they had Parise, a Henrique playing like a 15 year vet, Salvador playing like Bourque and Brodeur wasn't complete trash like he was during the season. Things like that wont carry on for a full season (60 games?).

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote