HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The lounge Summer/ fall / winter . Bring back Hockey damn it !!

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2012, 07:25 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Don't respond. Give him the same treatment most famous people give us. Plus he already answered once... He ain't doing it again.
Yeah I'll probably leave him alone so I look cool and not desperate although I will retweet what he said.

Even though I am desperate.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Just read about that girl that committed suicide after she voiced her story on youtube.

Her entire situation was terrible, it's sad to believe that someone would go so far as to ruin her life and ultimately cause her death because she made a mistake as a young teen and the person haunted her the rest of her life.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

My freaking neighbor backed his truck -- with the solid steel bumper -- into my vehicle, completely smashing in the driver's door. The door opens and closes, but not tightly. Air and rain will be coming through. He hit it so hard he actually punched a decent sized hole in the door. I waited for him to get home, so we could discuss it. It is obvious what happened, but he's denying it. I had to call the police. Hit and Run accident, basically. They didn't cite him for hit and run, though, since we have no proof that he was driving the truck at the time of the accident. Even though he told the officer that he is the only one that ever drives that truck. The police report does state that he backed out of his driveway and into my vehicle, though.

Old
10-14-2012, 03:20 PM
ScotAv

My friend was in Denver in the summer and picked me up an Avs jersey, 3rd with Duchene on the back. (Lando was first choice, EJ second, apparently he couldn't find any with them on it.)

So you'll be happy to know I'm reppin' the Avs usually at least one day a week in university in Scotland. The influence is spreading. Slowly.

Gets awkward when people ask how they're doing.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Abduljabbar
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotAv View Post
My friend was in Denver in the summer and picked me up an Avs jersey, 3rd with Duchene on the back. (Lando was first choice, EJ second, apparently he couldn't find any with them on it.)

So you'll be happy to know I'm reppin' the Avs usually at least one day a week in university in Scotland. The influence is spreading. Slowly.

Gets awkward when people ask how they're doing.
Isn't it awkward when they ask what it is you're wearing?

Old
10-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Abduljabbar
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Just read about that girl that committed suicide after she voiced her story on youtube.

Her entire situation was terrible, it's sad to believe that someone would go so far as to ruin her life and ultimately cause her death because she made a mistake as a young teen and the person haunted her the rest of her life.
Have you seen the fine human specimens commenting on this trollish Facebook post?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Quote:
Just face it, Amanda commited suicide because she was bullied for being a ****. If your a ****, your gonna get bullied and hated on. I don't understand why everyone has so much more sympathy for her, cause she is pretty?? Americans generation is ****ed up
Quote:
Who cares..I have no sympathy for purple that commit suicide
Quote:
Wow she flashed her boobs n someone threaten to show them to the world pathetic none of the *****es in the highschool I went to commited suicide after the pictures of there boobs went viral to everyone at school all they did was get over it n carry on with there lifes but oh well I guess some ppl are stronger then others
Quote:
I don't feel bad for either of them..... suicide is a selfish and cowardly thing to do, no matter your reasoning...... I was picked on pretty harshly in jr high because I didnt have boobs, had bad teeth, didnt wear makeup. and DIDNT put out, and i never killed myself because I valued my life more than others did..... yup it sux they were drove to do this and the ones who bullied them should feel bad but i certainly dont, they CHOSE to kill themselves.
Just when humanity couldn't get any lower. You think you've reached the end of the gutter, and there's the sewer happily bubbling away.

Old
10-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:

Saw her video just right now. Pretty sad, there's no justice in the world. How is the guy not in jail?(Did they even find out who he is?)

A lot of blame should go to the parents IMO. What's a 14yr doing with a webcam? How does she get into drugs and alcohol, if she doesn't go out? Her parents should be ashamed of themselves.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:19 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

But isn't it her fault for letting her emotions succumb to one idiot's bullying opinion and on the internet of all places? (note I didn't read the story, just basing it off of your post)

Old
10-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
But isn't it her fault for letting her emotions succumb to one idiot's bullying opinion and on the internet of all places? (note I didn't read the story, just basing it off of your post)
It wasn't one idiot. People were following her where ever she went. It definitely isn't her fault, of course she should've known better but she's just a 14yr old. This is why I blame the parents. TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!!! Morons. I posted a link to the video if anyone wants to watch it.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:30 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

OKAAAAAAAY, well that's a little too depressing and deep for me right now. Don't really want to talk suicide and how stupid/ridiculous/naive/immature/ignorant it is to say that it's someone's own fault for being in the state of mind that drove them to suicide. Don't bother replying if you want to debate/disagree because I can't bring myself to respond to any of that bs. Two Masters degrees in secondary educational counseling in this household (plus being a parent and an honest-to-goodness growns-up adult) have galvanized my views and I care not to argue.

What I wanted to say in this thread was this: Set your DVRs for October 18th at 4:30pm NHL network. Avs at Blues from 2001 playoffs Game 1. This is the game Sakic scores on the penalty shot. Great game & a little fix for anyone wanting to watch a little Avs hockey. Get to see Ray Bourque, Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic and all the '01 cup winners in playoff action. Enjoy everyone!

Old
10-14-2012, 11:43 PM
billybobjoe1881

In regards to the suicide who lets their children use a webcam with stragners? They should of had more control of what she was doing on the internet.

That hockey game isn't being shown in Canada but game 5 & 6 of the Sharks Avs 2010 series are. Which game did we win 1-0?

Old
10-14-2012, 11:44 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
In regards to the suicide who lets their children use a webcam with stragners? They should of had more control of what she was doing on the internet.

That hockey game isn't being shown in Canada but game 5 & 6 of the Sharks Avs 2010 series are. Which game did we win 1-0?
Game 3.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Abduljabbar
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Game 3.
I was there and it was glorious. My first playoff game ever.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:12 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post

Shoot I totally forgot about the parents. I agree with you and D2M that the parents should be to blame. There are sickos in this world and letting her chat with them is just the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:23 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

How did she die?

Old
10-15-2012, 01:45 AM
skip2mybordeleau
HF "Soft" Boards

vCash: 4719
does anybody have a pic of that guy with the insane beard?

Old
10-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

How the hell can you say she is to blame, or the parents are to blame?

The POS that stalked her is primarily to blame, and the little pukes that wouldn't let it go are to blame.

Is there an article/link about her killing herself?

Old
10-15-2012, 09:39 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abduljabbar View Post
I was there and it was glorious. My first playoff game ever.
I was there, too. My first playoff game since the Sharks series in '99. And it was glorious. My throat is still sore from screaming "Un-be-F**king-Lievable!!!" a million or so times, then chanting "An-dee, An-dee, An-dee" all the way out of my row, out in the corridor, down the escalator, out the front door, and all the way to the car. Too bad they're not showing those in the States.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post

The POS that stalked her is primarily to blame, and the little pukes that wouldn't let it go are to blame.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/sp...336/story.html

Old
10-15-2012, 11:22 AM
The Shermanator
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene View Post
does anybody have a pic of that guy with the insane beard?

Old
10-15-2012, 12:31 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post

POS should definitely be charged with psychological abuse, but I've been reading more and more about this story and to me it seems she had a very weak mentality in the first place. Something that gets developed due to a lack of commitment by the parent during her baby and kindergarten days. Getting peered pressured and sleeping with a dude on the first, second, or third day not knowing he had a girlfriend is just things you don't do.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:28 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Something that gets developed due to a lack of commitment by the parent during her baby and kindergarten days. Getting peered pressured and sleeping with a dude on the first, second, or third day not knowing he had a girlfriend is just things you don't do.
Seph, do you have kids? or work with kids? study child development/psychology? Seems like you know a lot about parenting & stuff.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Seph, do you have kids? or work with kids? study child development/psychology? Seems like you know a lot about parenting & stuff.
I am becoming a doctor so I had to take psychology classes, but I also find the brain, psychology ,and mental disorders fascinating, so I dig up my own research as well.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:38 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
I am becoming a doctor so I had to take psychology classes, but I also find the brain, psychology ,and mental disorders fascinating, so I dig up my own research as well.
Fair enough. Just get ready for when you actually experience parenting. It's a little different than what you've studied. I have extensive experience with both, and the perspective one gains from experience is a different animal than what can be learned from a class and research.

Are you going to be a pediatrician? I can say that my psych classes in undergrad were vastly different from my childhood development/child psychology classes. As I'm sure education focused classes are vastly different from medical classes, even if both cover child psych. When will you be done with med school?

Old
10-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Ceremony
Unravelled

vCash: 50
Avs fans! Have a vote in here please, if you fancy: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3#post55010743

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Closed Thread