HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phx-phi

Old
10-14-2012, 06:57 PM
greaterdane

vCash: 500
Phx-phi

Flyers get a Derek Morris.

Yotes get Matt Read and a 4th.

With Phoenix dying for top 6 forwards Read would be a great fit for a while. Also works into Phoenix's budget. (I don't know if the format for this post is going to be right. First post.)

Last edited by greaterdane: 10-14-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: trying to fit Philly's needs
greaterdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:15 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

Don't see why Philly would want quantity.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:45 PM
canucksPK

Love this deal for Philly

Morris is so in his prime

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:56 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

So Matt Read for a bottom pairing D and a 4th?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Not close

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 08:00 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Counter proposal,

Bruno Gervais for Gormley and a 4th

All that we really need is a top pairing defensemen or a potential top pairing guy that is close.

Last edited by PALE PWNR: 10-14-2012 at 08:09 PM.
PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 08:01 PM
PayItForward

Lol, no.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Read's worth more than a #5 defenseman, and a 4th doesn't really do much to balance it out.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 08:18 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
I think the Flyers are fine with depth. They need a top-pairing defenseman. Otherwise, I doubt they make any deals.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 08:20 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaterdane View Post
Flyers get a Derek Morris.

Yotes get Matt Read and a 4th.

With Phoenix dying for top 6 forwards Read would be a great fit for a while. Also works into Phoenix's budget. (I don't know if the format for this post is going to be right. First post.)
Welcome to HFBoards.

This trade is bad. Philly really has no need for 4-7 D. Matt Read would be in a package to get a #1 d which they need.

We shall forgive this trade since its your first try.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Sparksrus3

I will trade you Visnovsky for a 2nd. Lol. No no. Cry out loud

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:04 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Come on guys, the Flyers would get NHL Player Derek Morris!!

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:19 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Read to Phoenix comes up a lot and in my opinion he'd be a fantastic fit for a Dave Tippett team short on scoring. That said, I can't see Phoenix parting with Yandle or OEL who are the only blueliners who would seem to make any sense for Philly. Michalek, Klesa, and Morris are excellent blueliners but not what Philly is looking for, and Rundblad and Gormley are excellent prospects, but again, not really what Philly is looking for. Me personally, I'd just as soon hang onto all of our nhl blueliners and the top end prospects, too. I'd rather bargain shop for our center, in hopes that there will be some better options after the lockout.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Read to Phoenix comes up a lot and in my opinion he'd be a fantastic fit for a Dave Tippett team short on scoring. That said, I can't see Phoenix parting with Yandle or OEL who are the only blueliners who would seem to make any sense for Philly. Michalek, Klesa, and Morris are excellent blueliners but not what Philly is looking for, and Rundblad and Gormley are excellent prospects, but again, not really what Philly is looking for. Me personally, I'd just as soon hang onto all of our nhl blueliners and the top end prospects, too. I'd rather bargain shop for our center, in hopes that there will be some better options after the lockout.
Read would obviously have to get added to for Yandle or OEL. I would be more inclined to trade for Yandle on the presumption that he'd be cheaper than OEL. Can you imagine a realistic package for Yandle including Read that Phoenix might say yes to?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Quote:
Rundblad and Gormley are excellent prospects, but again, not really what Philly is looking for.
Not exactly true. Philly lacks a number 1 D both now and in the future. Kimmo isn't getting any younger, Coburn, Grossmann, and Mez are established and will likely stay as good #2 - 5 guys, Schenn is a question mark in either direction, and the majority of the Flyers prospects/young guys, MAB, Gus, etc. might end up as good second pairing guys on the high end.

The same can't be said for Rundblad/Gormley. Both are top end D prospects and could wind up as a legit top pairing guy in the future. They wouldn't fit an immediate need for the Flyers like someone like Weber would have, but they would fill a big hole in the pool and give the D corps something to build around.

Something around Read for Gormley would be something I'd personally be really interested in.

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 11:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Read would obviously have to get added to for Yandle or OEL. I would be more inclined to trade for Yandle on the presumption that he'd be cheaper than OEL. Can you imagine a realistic package for Yandle including Read that Phoenix might say yes to?
No, not really. Not without the addition of Schenn or Couturier, assuming Simmonds and Voracek are off the table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
Something around Read for Gormley would be something I'd personally be really interested in.
I wouldn't. Not without significant additions from Philly. Way too significant to make any sense for the Flyers.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:37 PM
DJN21

with everyone else when I say no from philly

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
No, not really. Not without the addition of Schenn or Couturier, assuming Simmonds and Voracek are off the table.

I wouldn't. Not without significant additions from Philly. Way too significant to make any sense for the Flyers.
As in both of them in addition to Read, or either of them in addition to Read?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:29 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
As in both of them in addition to Read, or either of them in addition to Read?
Either, not both. Plus, I was assuming they wouldnt be dealt based on recent contract extensions. Carter and Richards trades not withstanding.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:32 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
I'd love Gormley.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Read + E. Gustafsson + 2013 3rd? (2nd?) for Gormley?

What sort of additions were you thinking for Gormley? Obviously, the Flyers can't trade a second roster player for a prospect, even one was promising as him. A 1st seems a bit like overkill. I think the deal above presents a reasonable balance of immediate and future help.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 09:57 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Like RT said, it would take a package of Read and one of Voracek/Simmonds to get Phoenix to seriously think about trading Yandle.

Does that make sense from a Philadelphia perspective? Probably not and justifiably so.

Likewise for Phoenix. They cannot justify trading Yandle unless they are getting 2 very good players in return because they are in no hurry to trade Yandle even though they have several talented young defensemen knocking on the door.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Read + E. Gustafsson + 2013 3rd? (2nd?) for Gormley?

What sort of additions were you thinking for Gormley? Obviously, the Flyers can't trade a second roster player for a prospect, even one was promising as him. A 1st seems a bit like overkill. I think the deal above presents a reasonable balance of immediate and future help.
Now you see what I mean about it not making sense for Philly. The package you offered is easy for me to turn down but it would be ridiculous to ask Philly to add anything more for a mere prospect. There is just no sensible balance here. What makes sense for Phoenix won't for Philly and what makes sense for Philly, won't for Phoenix.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Now you see what I mean about it not making sense for Philly. The package you offered is easy for me to turn down but it would be ridiculous to ask Philly to add anything more for a mere prospect. There is just no sensible balance here. What makes sense for Phoenix won't for Philly and what makes sense for Philly, won't for Phoenix.
So what would make sense for PHX--setting aside, for the moment, the Flyers needs / limits?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
So what would make sense for PHX--setting aside, for the moment, the Flyers needs / limits?
Well, the Coyotes had Gormley rated fifth overall in 2010 after Taylor, Tyler, RyJo and Fowler. So, I would imagine that in their minds it wouldn't be terribly out of bounds to expect one of either Schenn or Couturier, straight up. If we are talking Read as the basis of the deal, than I'm really not sure what I can come up with that won't be completely incendiary. I like Read a lot and i think he'd be a great fit. I also think he'd score less on our team, rather than more. I'd actually expect what he did as a rookie in Philly to basically be his upside in Phoenix, especially given than he's now 26 years old. I have incredibly high hopes for Gormley.